Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Really digging the fextralife stance break builds they've put out recently. No faith, no int, no arc just spam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Just reached mountaintop with the greatshield/maces build from fextralife. Not great for some bosses but its good for dungeons and it trivializes some really annoying enemies.

Having fun just blocking and whacking.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

What are some fun strength builds to unga bunga Malenia? I've been getting through her first phase with a bloody stone club and stone shield but it doesn't feel up to par for phase two.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Skippy McPants posted:

I hate the Shunning-Grounds so much. Such an awful area. It's got every miserable enemy in the game. Lobsters, Omen, even a loving Revenant, and the whole place is a twisting brown soup of double-backs and dead-ends.

Every time I get there, I end up betting the game down for a few days because the prospect of clearing it out makes just... tired.

To me the worst part is the death blight toads, they're terrible in Dark Souls too. You go from fighting to running back and forth out of range of the instakill clouds. Brings the game to a screeching halt.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I don't mind the confusing layout of the shunning grounds but the enemy selection does bother me a bit. It's full of enemies who are so tanky it's basically pointless to actually engage with them, and enemies that are mostly harmless if you're careful but force you to wait patiently for their bullshit to disperse (the poison flowers + the curse frogs), two of my least favorite design patterns in Fromsoft games generally.

Greatshield guard-counters can trivialize Omens. You have to dodge their magic, but their melees turn into a non-issue.

Beat Malenia with a 25 Giant Crusher with Lions Claw and blood infusion. Pancaking her with Lions Claw is great, it feels like your using a looney tunes mallet. Plus if you hit her with an R1 after she gets up you can get her to recoil than hit her with another R1 to stance break her. I've never unga'd more bunga.