Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Thinking about getting this today

I've only played Bloodborne (hundreds of hours) and I pretty much live for that game everything is perfect. I know it's not fair to compare these games too much but as someone who has never played any dark souls how much of a deviation is it?

I know there is like some item in game that kinda acts like a rally mechanic and I'm pretty sure you don't move as fast as John Bloodborne. Also you don't get a cool shooty to parry and have to use a shield like a dork.

I played six hours of this several months ago at a friend's house and I found some gladiator looking boss who swung a buncha punches at me and I killed him by parry as whoever is the dude who starts with the curved so but I was v drunk and stoned so I was just more having fun running everywhere like an rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I guess my main concern is the flask system I'm so used to carting around 20 blood vials not whatever the gently caress flasks are

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
well i didnt make it to the elden ring store today so perhaps tomorrow i will snag it

i just want to fight bosses!!! thats the whole point of these games!!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

War Wizard posted:

Blood vials are terrible by comparison.

i only see this cuz you can refill your flask thing by sitting down at the nice campfire whereas in BB i have to back to the dream then go back to where i was

but minus Forbidden Woods the areas in BB in so much smaller so they want you to battle and bloody your way through things hence 20 blood vials also EVERYTHING in this game so so hyper aggressive normally

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

i love him and that bit

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
do you ever get an equivalent of the Monocle in this game

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

skasion posted:

Buy from Kalle (merchant in the church right near the start of the game) for like 500 bucks

ty

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
elden ring aka the game where i run round the first 200 square meters of the starting area and immediately go GOTY

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
wait my level 1 generic knight broadsword i start with as confessor uses MP to do the two handed stab?

whack

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
this game is not bloodborne i have no idea how long it will take until my brain recognizes that

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

sebmojo posted:

You should wear a top hat while you play to keep you in the vibe

im currently getting smashed by some jerk rear end stone cat who is right now on par with gasco lmao

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Epic High Five posted:

I was like RL190 when I beat it the first time because I was a glutton and wanted to experience everything and try out every weapon. It shouldn't be a hard wall of a fight at that level, what part are you stuck on?

Weapon arts generally cost FP to use. If the skill you're talking about in Square Off that L2+R2 is an absolute boss fucker

good to know ty

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i really need to get used to how long things take

you're like 40% slower than John Bloodborne i hate these flasks but i respect them

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i hate this loving cat

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Stop hitting l1 like in BB to give yourself something to do on a run back please verbal

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I did it two bosses down cat prick and beast man

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
opened a chest and now im stuck in a mine with icky bug people

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

sebmojo posted:

that's it, game over man, game over

pretty much the stupid missile volleys one shot me

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

sebmojo posted:

just run like gently caress and get the hell out imo

i would but there is a shiny on a rafter and I HAVETO GET IT

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
ah that is a boss door not the get the gently caress outta here door lol

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
5x cuckoo glintstone yeah worth it lol gently caress this place lolll

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
*walks out of mine*

"oh i should not be here"

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i havent leveled up ive just been dicking around the starter zone i hate that joke chest rear end in a top hat chest for jerks

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i hate this loving game

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i dont even have the loving horse!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

sebmojo posted:

Is it the incredibly hosed up place full of things that are incredibly horrible and everything is disgusting that you just got teleported to with out realizing it?

yes lol

sebmojo posted:

I think you can teleport back once you're out of the mine, though maybe you need to find a grace

yeah i found a grace down the way after i left the mine it wouldnt let me tele out the mine fair enough

and i found some gross dog ashes so that kicks rear end

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
imma come back here and gently caress up these stupid science nerds in masks

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
horse get

getting mad and swinging my sword at every plant to find some rat dude worked!

verbal enema fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Jan 27, 2023

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Today I will level up for the first time since starting the game

8 hours of just fartin' around

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
So I'm playing as the confessor class cuz it looked bloodborney and I could wrap a bandage around my eyes like the enemy hunters but like is this a caster class?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
so i just got the map for the starting zone andd i see a barrel in the sea on the map

can i get the barrel? also how do i get to the tiny island off the coast? i see the bigger area that is connected by bridge but i want to go to small island

unless its better to be surprised

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
this demi human cheiftan dude has to die he hurt my rat friend

JUST STOP DOING A 9 HIT COMBO FOR TWO loving SECONDS

e: tthere as a dude with a giant sword and some kinda vortex power to ssummon and we kicked their rear end

verbal enema fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jan 28, 2023

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
*me coming out of the end of the coastal cave and seeing where i am*

:O

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
the glowing white skulls arent only fun soccer balls to kick off cliffs they uh also have runes in them lmao

the backwards z on the compass is south not lightning...

verbal enema fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jan 28, 2023

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

War Wizard posted:

Think he's talking about the limgrave onyx lord on the beach.

nope it was istvan

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
how do i hold my sword with bth hands

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
okcool found margit nnow i can go wander cuz i have a story point focus on

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
just watched a dragon fly die to fall damage lmao

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i found the undernightground but people there are jerks so ill come back in a bit

popped vigor up to 15 feels good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
went all in on tryna get that weird bell monster down and immediately died like Don Quixote