Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
What's a good vigor to cap at if I want to keep the game a challenge?

I'm finally getting around to playing the game, and having a lot of fun, but as someone whose got a decent amount of Souls experience I'm also one shotting basically all these bosses in Limgrave. I moved into Caelid and it's tougher, but not by a ton.

I was thinking 25-30ish for Vigor. I'm seeing a lot of HAVE TO GET IT TO 60 online which seems overkill?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Unless you are purposefully trying to sabotage yourself there is zero reason to ever stop before 40 Vigor; it actually has increasing returns up until that point. Anywhere from 50-60 as a final goal is fine for NG.

Yeah I'm purposefully trying to sabotage myself.

My biggest enjoyment for DS1-3 was SL1 runs, I want to be two shot by end game bosses. I just need enough leeway to take a hit and be able to get between bosses without annoyance.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

drainpipe posted:

I've heard a lot about FromSoftware and want to give their games a try. I was thinking of either doing Dark Souls Remastered or Elden Ring. Just curious what you guys think would be a better game for a From newbie.

Don't know if it matters, but I won't be able to play online since I'll be playing via Wine on a Mac (people online seem to say both games run well this way except for not being online).

Try Dark Souls 1, if it's not clicking switch to Elden Ring.

I'm running through Elden Ring now for the first time, and it's got it's neat moments, but it's also got a lot more bullshit. Lot of boss repetition, frankly kinda bunk bosses/animation priority, and a bit too much aimless wandering. When it hits it's incredible, but you gotta be in the right headspace.

With the zeitgeist being passed you aren't going to get that social boost a lot of From newbies got with Elden Ring's release.