Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Harrow posted:

Everyone playing early please report back on how fun magic and/or miracles are this time around

At least one review suggested that (gameplay balance stuff, is this a spoiler???) miracles actually kinda suck except for the good ones from the network test but he also didn't talk about non-attack spells and whether buffs/heals/utility spells are good

all you need is SWORD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I don't know how a quest log would even work. Just press L and it takes you to the wiki or something? It's not like you're collecting bear asses and every "quest" is influenced and informed by like a dozen other things so any actual log would be nigh inscrutable, and half the time it isn't a quest but just something that's going on independent on you that you can alter if you notice. Like I'm super big on accessibility stuff in games but the big offenders until now have been stuff like poor design re: colorblindness, QTEs just in general, etc which ER may not be good about but I have no idea yet because all the talk is about how it doesn't have stuff it's never had.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Elden Red Ring of Death

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'm looking forward to the online stuff because I only just got into the series with DS1R, then all the online went down right as I opened up Sen's lmao. I wanted to be a co-op bro :(

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Frankston posted:

How do I spend the next 4 hours and 35 minutes?

try posting

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Hey I paid full brand new AAA prices for this ring and it's old as hell!!!!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

have they added cosmetic slots for armor yet

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Fifteen of Many posted:

From what I understand they've added a later game transmog system that may accomplish something similar.

:sickos:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Fifteen of Many posted:

I hear that everything is sooooo hosed up and only I, the nastiest and most hosed up guy, can make it suck less.

No way, I'm way nastier and more hosed up than you, I shall be the one to save or doom this land depending on if they make me kill a limping, whining dog!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Accessibility in gaming/the gaming industry is a pretty big topic, may be worth its own thread, I'd like another space where I can tell people to play Celeste

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Ragnarok the Red posted:

I've heard Elden's a bit more forgiving than previous Souls-type games. For someone who was kind of frustrated but eventually beat Metroid Dread on normal difficulty and threw in the towel early on Bloodborne, how does it compare to those? Closer to the former or latter?

No clue about ER yet but Dread gave me way more trouble than DS1 did. As long as you are fine beating your head against a boss like a stubborn mule if all else fails ER is probably going to be the most accommodating to that playstyle yet. Open world games especially make it really easy to grind some levels to smooth things out a bit too

Cowcaster posted:

everyone's played celeste

play it again

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

gaming

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

StarkRavingMad posted:

I'm hearing that shields are actually good in this game and I am very excited by this

shields have always been good

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

If you never play a build with the fast roll you never know what you're missing, a little lifehack for any sword and board heavy armor enjoyers out there

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

FishMcCool posted:

Because you could put them in STR instead, duh!

hey now, don't forget putting the bare minimum into whatever stat you need to to get the Power Within slot that has a button to toggle it for some reason filled

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

meditating, centering myself, will spend 30 minutes pondering the divine as I seek to become one with the caveman wojack with a huge sword archetype whose headspace I will soon fully inhabit

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

FishMcCool posted:

Mind. Blown. :psyboom:

Don't be fooled, they're trying to trick you into a dex build, the most shameful build of all because there are no big hammers

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'm not actually able to play this for another few hours, I lied about starting it at 6

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

brave

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Hackers stole all my old rings!!!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Shield is the new meta, all bow before it. I block 100% of your damage and then get a poise shattering critical on you? lmao RIP bitch *FPS drops to 25 for a fraction of a second loving everything up* oh no!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The Joe Man posted:

i haven't launched it yet but can 2 people guard smash each other....back and forth....forever??.....

first one to fail a block loses...not unlike so much other Dark Souls PvP

Really the whole type was exemplified and best represented by people who would invade someone only to brick their PC. The Darks Souls of Dark Souls PVP

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

But for real the hitching and FPS drops are really loving bad. It's notable that the rest of the game is so good that this has become something people are willing to wait out or power through

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I've got a 2080 and i7-9700k, not the newest poo poo but well above spec. From hosed all this up and it's very much a delightful happenstance that the game is still enjoyable despite this for most people up until most points. It's fine for me 90% of the time but the 10% is when I really, really need it to be stable. Even if it's just stable at 30fps for the love of god

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I literally cannot tell you what happened with the very first boss because I had a huge stutter as soon as it appeared, then it did some breath thing, and I was sent into another cutscene lol

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

KidDynamite posted:

Ok where the gently caress are the dex weapons??? I keep finding great str stuff that’s making me want to reroll.

The flail is like 5 minutes in and 18 dex? Beyond that it feels like if you want non-starter gear of any type you're gonna have to zoom through gracefires until things open up

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Still waiting for a proper shrine maiden aka one that is barefoot

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

DarkAvenger211 posted:

I accidentally clicked past a tutorial that popped up as I was pressing some buttons. I can't for the life of me find where I can re-view them, it mentioned somewhere that I could.

eh you probably don't need to worry about it, just hit things with sword

signed

guy who didn't know I could sprint or jump until Anor Londo

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Coolnezzz posted:

I haven't been able to stop dying long enough to notice stutters during combat. First souls game here as well, took me an hour to find my PS4 controller but it immediately worked without any issues.

2080 super, 3950x, 32GB RAM @ 3200 MHz.

Why do people like these games again?

Because they are very good. Once the FPS garbage is resolved ER will be a GOATY for PC users, and as a Switch main I can assure you that my tolerance for garbage rear end performance in service of excellent gameplay is unlimited

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Loving it so far but honestly I'm probably going to shelve it until they resolve the FPS poo poo. I was fine with it until just after the gate part which I don't think reveals too much but after that I couldn't do anything where anything else was moving without dropping shitloads of frames over and over, and the further I pushed on past that the worst it got. Extremely unfortunate but it's at least something that can be fixed pretty quickly...probably

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Toast King posted:

From PCgamingwiki, a possible fix for stuttering with NVIDIA cards. Anecdotally it seems like I have far fewer sudden frame drops after this. Back to looking for a shirt for this sad wretch.

Applied this just now and will test it out tomorrow, inshallah it is the requisite change

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Mounted combat would be considered OP as gently caress if not for block attacks lol

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Vermain posted:

can from please stop making bosses who end their combos by backhopping a football field away 8/10 times after they finish their combos

I wouldn't mind if they leap around like crazy if they weren't also exempt from leaping off of ledges and falling to their death

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Yeah, everything is 100% good, only something is causing FPS hitching at critical times that I'm pretty sure isn't connected to GPU or CPU. Once that's resolved and the game is a buttery smooth 60fps throughout it's gonna be the GOAT

Still annoyed that I don't know what happened during the first boss fight though because it hitched hugely right as they dropped down and I didn't get a stable camera until I was already dead lol

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Heh, 3 wise beats eh? Well this beast is just right there, pretty stupid imho, this should be a breeze

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

This was me in Skyrim. I didn't use dragon shouts for like the first 30 hours of my playthrough because I thought they were consumed somehow so they fell under Elixir Syndrome

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Just got quite a few more summons but honestly don't see myself moving from the jellyfish. Poison is strong and whatever its downsides are are more than made up for by the fact that it can take more than 3 hits. Plus it just floats there all fun like, adorable!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Everybody I've summoned to help with Magrit has died way before I did, and way before my jelly would've. I guess I can summon more than 1? Not quite to the point of doing that much cheese tho

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

You summon a lone wolf, in a pack of 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

claymore....ha ha ha...CLAYMORE