Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
I will say that doing the Bed of Chaos boss run is definitely one of the more memorable experiences in Dark Souls to me.

I will also say that for the most part boss runs are tedious and create more frustration than challenge so Im not too sad to see them go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

doingitwrong posted:

Our true friend all this time.

Our guiding moonlight

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
Important question, can I turn into a box in this game?

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I hope there's a poison swamp with a second, deeper toxic swamp inside it

I misread deeper as deer for a second and thought you meant the crazy reindeer from DS2s ice DLC.

Lets put some of those in the swamp too.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Sekiro's difficulty is aimed at a very specific set of character capabilities, which means (at the risk of stating a tautology) it's easier than Dark Souls if you're actually good at the game and harder if you're not.

imo they should have gone even further, made pretty much all the passive abilities baseline and make tools, weapon arts, etc. all unlock on a Zelda-like basis as you progress through the story. but it's a start

I did better in Sekiro than i did in any of the Souls games.

Does... does that mean Im good at Souls?

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
"I know now why you died"

-John Darksouls

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Ichabod Tane posted:

I heard a gigantic fat GRRM is a world boss

He was planned but they never finished it.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Dont give up, gpu

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
Call it the skeleton key

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

JBP posted:

I will be itt at 1am AEDT posting unspoiled game information from the far future and there's nothing anyone can do to stop me.

Make sure to post the locations of all the big swords/axes/clubs.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

hazardousmouse posted:

Oh no, I'm suddenly afraid this is going to suck
That the dark souls magic is gone

Thats why its going to be good, they completely overhauled magic so sorcery is good now.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
If you rearrange the letters you get El Nerdgin, a subtle burn from Miyazaki.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Fruits of the sea posted:

He's also a legendary rear end in a top hat. Think he set a record for most bans/probations from GTA RP servers.

Is that the dude that sounds like hes on speed 24/7 and never shuts up?

I guess I probably need to be more specific since we're talking about streamers: is he also a skinny white kid with dyed hair?

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
Cant wait to play as Lt Eldo Ring and slay some nasties.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Tell me ulcerated tree spirit being crammed into a small room and clipping half of its body into the floor/walls is a good boss.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Brandfarlig posted:

Sounds like you're in need of getting better.

There's not that many of those in my experience. Fighting 2 of an early game boss is a good indicator of how much stronger you are.

Ulcerated owns btw.

Nothing wrong with ulcerated. There is something wrong with putting it in such a tiny room that it can clip out of bounds and kill itself. Id call that bad design.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
Any opinions on what the best catalyst is for general maging? I know the carian ones boost either the various glintblade or various magic weapons (including gavel of haima and lorettas gbow?), but I tend to use a wide array of spells. Right now it seems like the demi-human one has the best sorc scaling without any downsides, but Ive heard good things about azurs/lusats staffs.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Philthy posted:

All I want from dlc:

Rune Bear Ashes
Big Balls Ashes
Virgin Eater Ashes
Fire Truck Ashes

Add Big Bird and Dog Rex ashes on there while youre at it

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

none of Ranni’s team can be killed before her quest is done. Seluvis and Iji just call you a schmuck and teleport away, and Blaidd rezzes himself and goes right back to chopping you up

the fact that Blaidd doesn’t come back after his final fight is one more piece of evidence that something went warped in him after Ranni left for good. can’t have a shadow with nothing to cast it, after all

Maybe thats why she has you kill the Baleful Shadow

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Hogama posted:

Not only does it destroy them, you only need to be able to cast them at all to have the heal just absolutely dumpster them.
They're still bullshit, but it's pretty much a hard counter.

Now whats the counter to the grafted scions

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Tolth posted:

All I'm saying is that when Margott "unleashes his curse" it does in fact look rather like fecal matter.

This has frightening implications for Mohg

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

precision posted:

i truly appreciate and also hate that shitposting is the real game of elden ring

i stopped using facebook 2 years ago and i don't do any social media but the first thing i do when i load my save in elden ring is go see how many upvotes my "clever" messages have gotten haha

i like the one i put in front of Renna that just says "mage, friend" :3:

Its probably miles better than all the horny ones. I think its funny that the waifu everyone goes crazy for in this is basically just a god inhabiting a realdoll.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
How often do people guard counter in pvp? From what ive heard its a nightmare of bloodhound step and bleed so im guessing not much.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
Do the greatjar summons scale to your level? I did them on my first playthrough with a little difficulty but I went there on a new playthrough with a lower RL and they are basically oneshotting me while also having 2k hp.

~100(?) RL on my first while the second is at 70.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Ravenfood posted:

I'm still struggling with the catacomb boss that is 4 (6?) imps and the Watchdog just because that is just enough imps to interrupt the guard counter fairly regularly and from far enough away to get me killed.

Margit was easier.

Someone said earlier in the thread that crystal darts can build up frenzy in imps and watchdogs and cause them to turn on eachother.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Yeah but I'm talking like, way way before all that. What other runes might have been removed and are lost to the sands of time? We'll probably never know but it's fun to speculate

I think the dragons did it.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

ZeusCannon posted:

Show of hands who walked past Rya at the lift.

Nobody else? Im just loving blind? Ok.

I walked past her in the swamp so I never saw her at the lift, does that count?

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

galagazombie posted:

I just had a horrible thought of one of those stereotypical “The cast all reimagined in modern clothing” fanarts that are so popular and Dung Eater would be wearing a t-shirt that said Loathsome in like, a metal band font.

Just ping this twitter with your request:

https://twitter.com/EldenRingFanart/status/1520072730875465728?s=20&t=VMxk5sIA912fAE0tz5awUA

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Id like this video more if I didnt feel like I was having a seizure watching it. Overedited to the extreme.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
https://twitter.com/lookabee83/status/1521646260540915716

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
If there was a dragon ending to DS1 thats what I would have taken. Poor bastards got robbed and genocided by Gwyn and co.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

skasion posted:

Yeah I’m not sure why they went for “Naturalborn” in the boss/remembrance name but “Bastard” in the weapon. It’s the same word. The weapon name is just the amalgamation of the two names we see Astels go by:

Now Im upset we didnt get Fred Astaire, Bastard of Darkness.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

DeathChicken posted:

Always found the link between Irina and Hyetta funny. They're identical models, they have much of the same dialogue, they're both blind. Hyetta won't show up to start begging for grapes until you've met Irina. I'd almost think this is another Margit/Morgott situation where one is projecting the other

I figure the same thing happens with her as it does with Yura, the Frenzied Flame takes the body.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

CYBEReris posted:

it's cool that with some exceptions the simplest ashes of war can do very comparable damage to the most elaborate. corpse piler is very strong but a mundane double slash isn't all that far behind it.

Butt slam forever. Havent met an enemy I couldnt squash.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

tripwood posted:

I've been trying to do a Patches run, where I go kill Patches ASAP, get his gear to look just like him, level up to 30 and rush directly to volcano manor to get a recusant finger and do low-level invasions but I just found out I have to kill a Godskin fatty to get to the Volcano Manor entrance, which is locked when you come in from the Abductor shortcut.

Now I'm gonna have to gauntlet my way to the ruin precipice to go meet Rya at Altus Lift just so I can go get that finger. Wish me luck *squats*

Theres a speedrunner skip for the fatty, it involves jumping up the ledges to the left of the church

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

the pinnacle of video game ending artistic achievement is system shock 2 and i refuse to hear otherwise

Wrong, its actually system shock 1

Nobody knows tho because nobody has played it.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
Is it ever explained why Ranni and Melina have one eye closed?

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
Marika had 3 children who were women.

Melina is missing the left eye

Ranni is missing the right eye

Malenia is missing both eyes

:magemage:

Dyz fucked around with this message at 04:11 on May 12, 2022

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
Rivers of Blood and Moonveil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
The run to O&S was bad because it was a invader hotspot and most people want to summon for O&S