Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Am I missing something in Siofra River? I feel like I’m missing something. Here’s what I’ve done:

- Lit all of the fires and killed the ghost deer I think it unlocked
- Found a teleport that led to a tough dragon warrior thing and not much else
- Pretty sure I explored all of the ground level stuff, from the Limgrave entrance to the Caelid one
- Found a windbooster thing that let me access a tiny bit of the upper levels, I spotted what looks like a crucible knight in the distance but no idea how to reach him

I’m still relatively early on in the game (just godrick down) and idk if this is a “come back later” situation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Lore question(s):
Who attacked the Carian Manor? If it's Raya Lucaria, why did they attack the Carian Manor?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I'm cuckoo for liver buffs

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Has anyone ever used a drawstring grease to good effect?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I just want to say, the couple of dungeons that try to trick you by repeating their layout and enemies are so so so good.

Clapping my hands and guffawing just thinking about them again

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What are some good pure strength weapons that upgrade with somber stones?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

If you’re a passive creature taller than a turtle, sorry but I’m going to smash you when I ride past on torrent

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Very broad lore question, major spoilers:
i think I’m missing a major piece of lore because I don’t get why after killing morgott, every npc like “yeah sure burn the tree down :)”, I though everyone loved the erdtree

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Neat lil pro-tip:
The Omen Shackles can not only dispel illusory walls in a wide area, but they can trigger those stone imp pillars that shoot flame, too!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What are summoning pots...?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

feelix posted:

IDK what they are either, but so far I skipped 2/3 of the hero graves because I heard they are bad and not worth doing

They're good

I think a patch made it so you don't die in one hit from the big robochariots anymore

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

dialhforhero posted:

So I am very new and don’t read the spoilers in the thread really but is a chariot also that rear end in a top hat thing in Fringefolk Hero’s Grave?

Can I get rid of that stupid fucker?

Yep, you can destroy it permanently, I dunno if you want the method too?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What sphincters?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Well what does the guide book say

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Mufasa Nigel posted:

5a) Can I just ignore the slash/strike deal overall or is it a big deal for some bosses?

You can ignore damage types if you want and just brute-force your way through everything but some enemies are significantly weaker to strike damage than the other physical damage types, like the stone imps, the calcified miners, and especially the crystalmen. My MO when playing this game is, I keep two weapons levelled up, one with regular smithing stones and the other with somber ones, and make sure at least one of them is blunt

The only enemies I've found who are noticeably resistant to blunt damage are the masses of tentacles.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Please don’t, it’s the only way I can beat malenia

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Sadly it doesn’t temporarily grease your weapon like some Ashes do, so. C+, try harder

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Frankly most of the entities with a Talk prompt also deserve to die

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The legless turret lady solo'd the fire giant for me (well I had to keep his attention)

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Yeah idk why some armours are off limits for our good boy Bok

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

? And lose their co-op partner?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

7c Nickel posted:

We're watching you, scum.

lol

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

yuck. pvp

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

If you knock a sitting bat off of a ledge, does it remember how to fly?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

kliras posted:

i thiiink miyasaki has already said they're working on an expansion in an interview (as well as outlining other projects), so we know it's coming at some point. but from also told us we were gonna get raytracing/global illumination, so who knows. on top of the performance quirks

was trying to find the interview where miyazaki talks about parallel projects, but found this instead

https://twitter.com/manfightdragon/status/1600270157896904704

it's too dark

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It’s ok for people to have wrong opinions

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Consider getting 60 vigor

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

New hot take I just came up with: Every weapon in elden ring is a trick weapon, and you switch modes by two-handing.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Try hitting Alt+Enter?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I love the pipes

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Maybe I’m just good at the game in general but I’ve gotten a lot of use out of torrent

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

You can swing the weapon like normal, you don't need to use the weapon art

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Tragoth :(

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I wish wish wish so much that From used more than three letters when they were naming the cast, it still takes me about a second to parse who these people are

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What is the Correct starting gift?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Would the game be hurt if it showed how close you are to triggering a status effect on enemies?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What region of the world is Roderika’s accent from? Thanks

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ok so that’s just a Birmingham accent? She’s not, like, “putting a little English on it” and, idk, welshing it up a bit? Thanks

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The Cut of Your Jib posted:

specifically brummie.

like Liurnia is a Welsh accent (Ranni's gang, Sellen, Rennala), Gideon Ofnir and Nephali have Yorkshire accents (Sean Bean northern), which is cool attention to detail that related characters have similar accents, but I think everybody's British in some way or another.

That is cool, I wonder who gets to make that kind of decision, considering it’s a Japanese studio that (as I understand it) makes the English VO the default internationally, but whose directors and creatives probably couldn’t themselves identify the differences between english regional accents

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

“Arise, ye faded” ain’t too bad