Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
That trailer had just enough creepy hand imagery that I wonder if it'll be a theme going forward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
First 8 hour trip report I guess, spoilers just in case.

Went with wretch, because I like the extra points even though I have no idea how to optimize efficiently! I don't know why I do it to myself. Lost to the first probably kill ya boss, did the tutorial cave before wandering out into the fields to develop a grudge with a great fat golden gently caress, decided to head down to the coast first with a narrow victory over a real big boy. Some souls in hand I find the beach shop keeper and traded out club for sword before venturing into a dark cave and fighting some morlocks or whatever, summoned a NPC who made the boss encounter trivial. My reward was a route to an island with an alter that wants stuff I don't have for cool prizes. Bust.

Head back up to starter grace fire, shake fist at fat guy and his horse before finding a statue that revealed a catacomb filled with completely vicious little shits and a weird boss statue thing, beat it in a few tries, finally got horse shortly after. Spent about an hour trying to kill fat guy before putting it on the to do list and moving on. Headed up the hill to big castle and promptly got my poo poo shoved in by an old man with a tail, a stick and his hardlight arsenal. lost way too many runes to him and fumed off. Currently at a cliff where five giants spawn at once and it's actually really fun because you can kite them into a big mosh pit that kicks their own asses since all their moves have friendly fire. Good for grinding I guess. Not sure where to go now. Maybe get some levels and challenge fat knight and his mobility pony again.

Games alright.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Anyone know of some good places to find Smithing Stone [1]s?

Good I dunno, but they seem to drop off the footmen type soldiers with the drab armor around Stormveil at a very modest rate.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Man these giant crows out in red place loving SUCK, yo

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I feel like ER here is kinda stingy with the runes here. I'm in Stormveil Castle after giving that one loving guy a well deserved stomp after i went and upgraded a bit, and now I'm fighting some hairy poo poo that still pays out as well or even worse then those goobers back out in the country.

98 runes for one of those loving hawks with sword feet AND a flamethrower? Cheapskate jerks! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Anyone got any advice for cheesing this Commander O'Neil fucker out in Caelid? Or at least what I'm suppose to do about all this scarlet rot?