Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HORSE OF THE YEAR
Jun 7, 2012

I finished the game about two weeks ago after 108 hours. My character was level 138. I played NG+ for a couple of hours and ripped through Godrick and Rennala with incredible ease. I wanted to try a different build and upgrade different weapons only to discover that the bell bearings do not carry over in to NG+, so I would have to farm the stones or gather the bell bearings for them. Oops.

So instead of going through NG+ with a build I was a little bored with, I decided to start a totally new file and play the game again. I thought it would be a slog, but now that I actually know how to play the game, I'm having even more fun than my first playthrough and discovering things I missed the first time. For some reason when I went to Mistwood to start Blaidd's quest, he was hostile (I think because I killed a bear somewhere.) So I killed him with no regrets and decided that's how this playthrough was going to go. NO REGERTS, just a big stupid tarnished with strength, vigor, and endurance, clubbing anything and everyone that wants to fight.

GOTY no question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORSE OF THE YEAR
Jun 7, 2012

Organza Quiz posted:

Noooo I only just started NG+ a little bit ago, that's so annoying.

Same. I spent like two hours upgrading choice weapons for an INT/DEX run in NG+, only to find I wasn't digging the playstyle and would prefer more options.

Oh well, time to play the whole game again

HORSE OF THE YEAR
Jun 7, 2012

I finished my DEX/INT run of NG+. Used a cold Nagakiba and Moonveil in my right hand, staff on the left. It’s cool and all to have options between ranged magic and close combat, but quite frankly I had WAY more fun in my first play through going pure strength.

Big bonk builds are definitely my preferred way of playing. There is something very satisfying about lighting a large club +25 on fire, strolling in to a mob of literally anything and R1ing away. Uncomplicated. Effective. Just a great time all around.

My cave man may have briefly gone to college, but he dropped out once he found another large club :clint:

HORSE OF THE YEAR
Jun 7, 2012

Did anyone start out as the bandit class?

The very first time I played the game I chose bandit, and ended up finding it so difficult that I started over as a confessor. I'm thinking of starting a new game as a bandit now that I've beaten the game twice to see if I just didn't know how to play the game, or if bandit actually is a rough start. I found the starting equipment too weak, but was also not taking advantage of the parrying shield the class starts with.

HORSE OF THE YEAR
Jun 7, 2012

I was fighting the Regal Ancestor Spirit last night, and during its phase two transition, it up and died with half a health bar left.

It phased in to the ground, so I started walking around, waiting for it to reappear as one of the spirit animals, but noticed it was taking longer than usual. Then I heard the SHINK! of death and I was the new proud owner of a remembrance and some runes.

I thought they fixed these phase 2 death glitches for bosses, but I guess not!