Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

For some reason the game loves giving me network disconnects on PS5 and booting me back to the menu, I assume everyone is playing this and it's beating their servers into a bloodstain. Game's real fun besides that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

I sat down at a grace and immediately left to take care of something else, and when I came back the level up NPC was apparently talking to me and asked me something. Now I’m in some weird place with a big table. What did I miss?

"Yo would you like to go to a weird place? Y/N"

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Yeah, I'm three or so hours in and haven't seen any Margit. I did take a great big old detour, ran into and killed Boaty McBoatface. The conversation afterwards at the Roundtable was funny

Him: Ah, I see you heeded my advice not to go there.

Me: *shows trophy I got for winning that*

Him: Ah, I see you are a fool

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Seems like I'm having slightly better luck with Margit rolling at his attacks rather than away, since there's no outranging his bullshit with how small the area is. And by slightly better I mean I can get him to about 3/4s of the way dead before being murdered by a charge to hellcombo

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Seems like you can reliably knock off his first phase just by keeping aggro on you instead of your summon (if you hit Margit last then Margit will come after you. If your summon hit Margit last he will go after the summon). And then that falls apart come phase 2 since he'll just rush and murder the gently caress out of your summon, but yeah

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Accidentally discovered you can knock Margit down and get a backstab on him by jump R2ing his back, but not sure the exact spot or timing of it, just that it happened twice. Helpful

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I dunno, at least Father Guacamole didn't fight you in an area where backing up too far one way is an instadeath by falling, and backing up the other way is an instadeath by getting pinned on a wall

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

And I beat Margit. Through the cheapest way possible, bringing in that summon outside the door and a jellyfish, then playing hit him in the back whenever he wasn't paying attention. But gently caress it, I'll take it

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Admittedly I didn't get the jellyfish until much later because I didn't know you have to talk to Horny For Spiders lady twice before she hands it over

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Artelier posted:

This is hours ago for me, but the what. I thought the jellyfish was a summon? It's a separate thing?

There's the jellyfish summon and then an NPC priest summon right outside the boss door

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

funny that Margit has 42% completion by players, and (early boss name)Misbegotten has only 23% completed when imo the latter was considerably easier, though getting there was a bit dicier.

They also felt like diametrically opposed bosses. Margit required playing sort of defensively because he has boatloads of HP. The other one I just had to go ham on him because he's super aggressive and playing defense would get me killed.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

lol, so I got so tilted at the birds/wind knights/general bullshit at Stormveil that I just ran for it starting at the Rampart save point, and ran, and ran, and ran...and ended up all the way at the front gate. Apparently I took an incredible wrong turn

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Khanstant posted:

Did I gently caress up the Irena quest? I delivered her letter. But when I came back to her, she was dead.

That's how the quest goes. You can return to her father again, which gets him to move off to the corpse and comment but that's about it. The real goal is his greatsword on the other side of the castle

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I got killed by the server warning on Godrick. "I got I got him wait server what *dies*"

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Yeah, I've been using a +5 flail one of the pumpkin head guys at Morne Castle dropped. Bleed damage is nice on some of these HP sponges

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

AndrewP posted:

Level 28, still can't beat Margit even using a spirit.

Done a lot of exploring in this game and really tried not to rush to this boss but whenever I come back I can barely even get him halfway. I dunno man.

Take advantage of how his aggro works. He goes for whatever hit him last, if it was you he goes after you, if it was your summon he goes after your summon. So let him get plinked by the jellyfish or whatever, wait until he stomps off after it, run in and get a cheap shot before your summon dies. He comes after you next, get away from him until the summon hits him. Repeat until dead

This works much better if you bring in Roger from outside his boss door, then he has to split his attention in another direction in addition to your summon

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Hahaha, so I spent so much time trying to go through death birds, wind knights and ogres in Stormveil in avoidance of the giant army at the front gate. After all that of course I had to make a return trip to power Godrick's rune. After seeing where I had to go on the map, I sprinted left from the gateside Grace point, took out all the ballista and a few guards, and suddenly I was at the door to the flamethrower goons. I probably could have been at Godrick in about a minute if I'd done this initially.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I've been dumping all my points into strength ever since I picked up this neat sword in Morne Castle that I can't use. Sure I die to a sneeze from any sort of long range attack but you're sure in trouble if I can hit you

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Ah I've found the Academy, let me just look around for a few

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Banging my head off the wall on Dragonkin. He's one of those bosses that should not be difficult on paper, except he's so big that the game forces a weird camera angle where nothing is visible except a big blob of him filling the screen when he gets close

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

lol I was getting oddly tilted at Magma Wyrm, another of those bosses that should have been easy except sometimes he spams that waddle and leave flames attack forever with nothing to do except die about it. Then I went in forgetting my summon and getting the jellyfish killed really early, decided it was a wash and started swinging for the fences with the Mournsword. He dies

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Been kind of aimlessly wandering ever since Godrick trying to figure out where I'm going next. Ended up at the volcano, through a giant tunnel of poison and jerks, and find the Rot Twins who literally kill me before I can move.

So I was half figuring "I'm not supposed to be here yet" and half figuring "I'm way too far into this mine with no grace point to leave now." Eventually learned to not fear the poison that room starts you in, stick up shield, block the opening death salvo and run away to call skeletons. Then they died with minimal fuss, turns out they're bigger glass cannons than I am :v:

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Elden Ring dot text

https://twitter.com/fumangoo/status/1499258717816033290

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Only real trick I found to Wolf was that he doesn't have much HP, so try to whale him to death while he's distracted with a summon. He's way the hell too fast to go chasing around

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Strange, ran all the way to Redmane, found the Impossible Bridge or whatever it is, but no enemies were anywhere there or at the castle until I made my way all the way to the edge. Then I killed a few bats, scaled a ladder, ran into what looks like the only door to progress but it's sealed shut. I'm assuming this is a very odd bug.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Wow I got nothing on Draconic Sentinel. I'm fine until he's at half health, then it's just endless lightning spam until dead

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

lol, I beat Radahn by spitting Dragon Rot in his face, running away, then spitting it once more when he arbitrarily stopped being poisoned. gently caress that guy I'll take it

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

My Tarnished is majestic

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Go right from the big area with the scythe golems, hop the fence onto the little protruding platforms, go up the hill dodging the giant bowling balls. You end up at an elevator and then it's the boss

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Managed to progress the Ranni quest all the way to Astel and oh boy, he combines all the greatest hits. Teleporting constantly to the wrong side of the arena (except when sometimes he teleports right next to you for a OHKO grab), being big as gently caress so the camera won't behave itself, sometimes just spamming AOE for fun until you die. Feels like he'd be pretty easy for a range build but melee on him is no fun at all

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/fumangoo/status/1500311785106251779

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Radahn tip: Rot Breath, run away until it wears off, Rot Breath again, run away until he dies

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Huh, there's more to the sewers? I found that one ladder that led to a fire breathing guy in a window, didn't see anything else after I killed him and moved on

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Sitting on 40,000 runes exiting the Capital, fled for my life from some overpowered thing all the way to an elevator, got on, a generic enemy started beating the poo poo out of me as we went up. I fought it to the death and won. Can't remember a tenser videogame moment and that mook was relatively nothing

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I definitely found her after finishing Stormveil but before fighting Radahn

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Run like hell and keep chugging potions, there's a grace point at the end of the swamp. I came in with 10 potions and needed like 8

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

redreader posted:

so where SHOULD I go after the academy and the manor? I've unlocked the plateau and can do the festival but it's too tough right now. Just level up until I can do the festival, or some other thing?

This is probably around the right time to go north and progress Ranni's quest at the westernmost towers

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Breath of the Wild also throws *so many* weapons at you (even if most of them suck) that you're practically never unarmed. And in the event you are you have magic. That complaint always felt weird

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I appreciate they came up with a full fledged Lore reason for Radhan and his tiny horse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Snakey has a real easy cheese. Level up that spear you're forced to pick up when you enter, stand under him and mash the spear special. Put on the fire talisman if the lava bothers you