Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Decided to try out the PvP effigy and some poor sap named Garfield summoned me right before Margit. I think he thought I was a co-op cause he summoned a gold dude and after I backstabbed him for 90% health after bowing (first-time FROM people pay attention.... ALWAYS bow and mash block when doing anything online) he started loving booking it down the long hallway lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Is there a way to like, increase the duration of weapon buff miracles? Like... what stat governs that if there is one lmao

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
How does dual-wielding work with passive effect buildup? I have two bleed katanas and am wondering if L1'ing will give me basically two hits of bleed buildup. Also they natively scale off of dex so will buildups also scale off of that if I give them keen, or should I just add bleed attunement to them and respec into so arcane?

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Kortel posted:

Input reading bosses are really going to make me quit this game. Tapped a flask? Closer combo. Oh are you casting a spell? gently caress you, ranged attack faster than your cast time. Oh you need FP? Hope you like a sword up your rear end!

Sorcery is cheating.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I'm pretty far in the game so I'm just gonna ask this slight story spoiler question cause it just popped into my head. Does the story give anyone else Bloodborne vibes? I'm at Farum Azula but like, this greater will stuff and Moon Goddesses and empyreans and the descriptions of Mohg's sorcery and stuff really remind me of the lovecraftian alien poo poo that was in Bloodborne. With bloodbound step this game really does feel like BB2, FromSoft did it again!

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Maybe it's cause it's so early in the game's life but like, weapon arts seem WAAAY more
viable in pvp than they ever were in DS3

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Are there any chestpieces that are all bandages? I got the bandage mask, gloves, and shoes and wanna do a mummy build for NG+

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Trash Trick posted:

Yes. This guy gets it. You shouldn't look at invasions as an opportunity to duel. Look at them as the asymmetrical battle of attrition and psychological warfare that they are. Like, sometimes you'll get into a world where it's just the host and 2 guys gearing up to go through fog door to fight boss. Straight up nothing you can do there unless you try to optimize some close quarters hallway aoe cheese. But generally if you invade from further back near the start of appropriately leveled legacy dungeons you can be an absolute nightmare constantly lurking waiting for your moment to strike, and that's the way to really have fun.

Occasionally you can get magical moments like 0:30 here and it makes all the 3v1 poundings worth it.

Yeah, fight clubs are for fun duel pvp and invasions are for fun battles of wits/trying to one-shot dudes off cliffs with rejection and poo poo. I wish there were some auto-invade factions like watchdogs or aldrich faithful. In DS3 I loved the area after pontiff and before londo cause there'd just be mad pvp chaos with Aldrich Faithful, co-opers, and cops just showing up and getting into crazy huge fights.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
All of my invasion victories have been using a bloodhound step uchi to get close to someone, then two handing my off-hand rivers of blood and just spamming the weapon art. A lot of people mistime the roll or will just block through it and get hosed up by the flame+bleed proc. Sorcery is cheating but ARC bleed builds are completely legit and fair and them's the breaks.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Just make bloodhound step the default roll.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I am glad they are taking things that make the game easier for other people out of the game. This isnt a joke, I'm glad it's happening and, god willing, they will add in non-co-op invasions.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I think Sekiro owned because it was the closest thing to a Tenchu game since one of my fav games and the "dark souls" of co-op stealth games, Tenchu Z.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Please someone recommend me a bleed weapon set so I don't have to refresh this thread to read your bickering thank you

I offhand Rivers of Blood and mainhand an uchi with bloodhound step

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I had trouble with both Radahn and the final boss but when that happened I just went to sleep and woke up the next day and beat them first attempt. Try that imo

keyframe posted:

Man the final boss fight is really making me hate this game slowly. What a terrible loving boss. :smith:

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
On NG+ and gonna try to beat it without entering into a contract with Melina to see if any story stuff happens cause of it.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Yeah Mohg gets totally pwned by bleed weps

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Anyone know if there are any NG+ only weapons like the twin princes greatsword?

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Summons are cheating. Topic Locked.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
The DLC will, god-willing, add a zone with covenant auto-invasions and revitalize pvp

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
It seems shitloads of people just unplug their router when they get invaded now lmao

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Jay Rust posted:

? And lose their co-op partner?

If theyre co-oping with a friend or something maybe theyre just using a code and can rejoin easily. The only other explanation is that my internet sucks, and it does, but I dont accept that!!

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
This is exactly what I wanted, no more Raya Lucaria gate pvp for me

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I'm glad that I didnt get burned out with my caestus pvp character named "Boxing Champion", time to become king of the coliseum

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
They have to fix madness for this pvp arena stuff. It still building up on dodgeroll is so stupid lmao

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Mustached Demon posted:

Please tell me the brawl modes just people trying to spam madness AOEs.

So many madness AoEs and Vyke spears. It's hosed up cause the other status effects dont add up on successful dodge lmao

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I was wondering if the coliseum would eff with soul levels and power but it doesnt, standard pvp rules. My main at 120 runs into a bunch of madness dudes but my caestus guy with quickstep at 30 is fighting actual fun builds

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I like the storytelling in From Software games because I dont watch the weird lore videos but instead form my own interpretation and talk to people who have also done that and interpretive storytelling like that is really cool and unique in yhe gaming space

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I really dont see how the story in Elden Ring is confusing.... Avatar of a God gets tired of the world and smashes the natural order and rebels against Heaven, hero has to journey to repair it. It's literally just Journey To The West

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Sum Gai posted:

Asgard's not a real place, and Leyndell doesn't look like an ~8th century Scandinavian farm, which is probably how the people who believed in it thought Asgard looked.

Anyway, here's the thing: it's okay for people to mock Elden Ring's visuals- they're pretty bad a lot of the time. Raya Lucaria is a complete waste visually, the catacombs are all extremely generic, there's tons of copy-pasted garbage just thrown around randomly. All the non-Stormveil castles are just Stormveil with all the interesting bits ripped off, and so on. It can be a good game and, at the same time, often a dull mess. And it's okay for people to point that out.

For me it was a non-stop thrill ride and visual feast

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
But then like, what about the moon and gems making magic?

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
23 vigor is insanely low

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Darth Walrus posted:

Here's the quote:

Also consider the pre-Erdtree landscape of Farum Azula, which is much more barren and lifeless than just about everywhere within the influence of the Greater Will.

That reads to me less like the Greater Will terraformed the planet and more that before the giant's flame was subjugated it ran rampant, and in an era with controlled flame life will be able to flourish

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

What was the turtle man's deal?

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

TulliusCicero posted:

Can someone explain how Marika and Radagon are the same person? Were they always the same person, like a Diavolo in JoJo situation? Or did they only share the same body after the Erdtree stuff?

How did they have kids?

The Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Does Elden Ring have a fromsoft style important crow in it? I'm wracking my brain trying to remember if it does but can't

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

MarshyMcFly posted:

I will never apologize for using meta weapons to win in souls games. No matter how toxic people think they are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge1JlXZNRXA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbcGLScpIYk

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Elden Lord Godfrey posted:

lmao loving wild the first thing someone does when they enter a thread, with zero loving knowledge of the game and its mechanics and gamefeel, is accuse a challenge runner of faking their run, that actually their offscreen boyfriend is the one actually playing, and their lavicious body is tricking hard working gamers out of their twitch subs

I dont think they said that last part

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Torrent is like my Red Hare

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
imo the coliseum update is also a godsend for invasions cause it leaves most of the people who optimize for pvp out of the invasion pool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I'm so stupid for not upgrading a bunch of weapons to +24 before starting NG+