Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
ooooooooohh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvE5Pivs4Ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Nuns with Guns posted:

Deep hack: if you let 5 of The Four Kings spawn on the map at a time, they merge together mech-style into the previously-assumed cut boss:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4-boABnb_U

coool, was this what was intended? i knew he was cut but dont know if the merge was fan made

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

loving lol

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Phobophilia posted:

Miyazaki writing style is to make everyone extremely vague and open to interpretation, while Martin tends to get bogged down by details and then fail to deliver when he realizes he can't line up all his balls in a row. So Miyazaki is using Martin as a selling point, getting a few cool high fantasy ideas out of him, and then riffing off that. Miyazaki has total creative control.

thank god lmao

anyway, "legacy dungeons" ? one of things i heard about elden ring back when it was all myth and rumours was that the "dungeons" were all basically dark souls sized. as in, 1 dungeon in elden ring was the same size and complexity as most of dark souls 1. so i hope thats what legacy dungeons means.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

nothing is improbable. free your mind doc.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

its multiple dark souls/demons souls within botw overworld and also smaller dark souls dungeons, sorry to blow your minds but time has proven me correct on numerous occasions. :colbert:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

this is a video game we will be playing soon.

and then swiftly move on to getting hrny about velvet veil :cool:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

multijoe posted:

I mean ... he has to be in it, right??

leaked trailer his voice actor was in the leaked vid doing the whole narration. ohhhhhh you tragic thing

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I would like to preorder digitally

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Logan 5 posted:

Coolest thing about this little bit of new info to me though is the speculation that the structure seen on top of the Walking Bell guy here:

Might actually be our Firelink Hub, and if so the implication being that it can move around the world a bit. Seems to match some of the architecture from what we've seen of the inside of the hub room so far:

:eyepop:

goddamnit its only loving october

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

hmm xbox one gameplay of cyberpunk leaked first too.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

the music is making me think its a skyrim mod i mean i know it isnt but lmao what if

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

RGG have been reusing animations since 2004. Once you get a good one, whats the point is wasting time making another? FROM understand.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I heard it's going to be elder scrolls style level scaling, yeah. They want you to theoretically go anywhere from the beginning, so the more you level up the monsters will be stronger and have more hp

Thats not true lol

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I swear it's true, my uncle who works at FROM told me

Oh poo poo. Quick, ask him about velvet veil and bb2

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

AllisonByProxy posted:

Made a dumb video that you should only watch if you've looked at the leaked Elden Ring map:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1QMEeKGa_g

great plateau vibes.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Elden Ring is out soon

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Looks like someone got my order wrong and sent me multiple copies when i only wanted one. I threw away the extras

Lol at that usa box. Uk getting a sweet as gently caress launch box with all kinds of stuff in it like uhh patches and maps and stuff.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

12 days until what?????!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

oh poo poo, i havent seen this before, pretty much on 95% media blackout, but i def think im going wretch. maybe prisoner... i assume you can take that dumb mask off and reveal how hot you are during a cutscene.

i like starting with completely nothing and finding your own stuff, OSP.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Magitek posted:

So a Youtube Elden Ring guy made a video arguing in favor of playing as Wretch for your first playthrough, and he makes some good points:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyAHtC9xqUM

I've never done this for my initial playthrough of a FromSoft game, and I'm considering it now. One of my consistent minor gripes about the series is that most loot acquisition doesn't feel great. Sure, it's nice when you find an Estus Shard or one of the particular rings you're going to equip for the rest of your run, but the vast majority of loot just sits in your inventory and is never interacted with. Scrounging around and discovering upgrade equipment repeatedly would be a nice change of pace, especially coupled with ER's open world structure.

I imagine this would only be true for the first 20-35% of the game however, as you'll eventually find the setup you're most comfortable with and start building upon it for the rest of the game.

Ive done this with every FROM game and it owns. Do it imo.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Gonna be playing this game this week??????

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

from moment one i never had a single doubt. miyazaki my daddy

Remembering the old, ancient days when leaked 56k video footage upscaled to 4k soup was all we had. We were given eyes to see and daddy has rewar- wait why is shopto only just sending the disc out today... no dont gently caress up this time, no nooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Elden ring has dropped to 96 and 2nd place on opencritic now. SMO for the nintendo switch is 1st. Its over. They are cancelling the video game now

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Mr. Funktastic posted:

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1496865957255553031?t=1BopYQrPnztMBGcDF9MdTg&s=19

Well that's unfortunate, hopefully it gets resolved soon. Might be content with waiting a little while for From to work out the kinks if it's really that bad. Seems to be a common issue with most games on DX12 these days.

i bet no one is gonna notice this poo poo just like no one noticed any, ahem "frame pacing" (word that isnt real) issues in bloodborne until DF poisoned people.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Kaddish posted:

Yeah, I probably wouldn't notice rare micro-stuttering like Skillup demonstrated but cohhs stream was something much different. Like 2 second freezes in a boss battle.

Is that just pc?

Tbf, i played ds3 on pc at launch and it would crash without error messages to desktop random because of bonfires and cloth phyiscs apparantly, so at least it sounds more stable than that!

Luckily... i have piss5 :cool:

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Feb 24, 2022

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

fadam posted:

Just make your own quest log in a Moleskin notebook, topic locked.

This is the way. The return of NES manuals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Cowcaster posted:

look at how much more accessible this version of bloodborne would be instead of the version we actually got

This happens in game when you are granted eyes to see.