Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

let me play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

CharlestheHammer posted:

Code Vien rules, it’s janky as gently caress but unlike souls games they made magic actually fun to use

my first impression of code vein was pretty bad but I powered through the first few areas to see if it gets better and as it turns out it actually only gets worse as you play, fancy that

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

CharlestheHammer posted:

Sounds like you suck at the game

no the game was actually really easy it was just really really boring
like, it has a chalice dungeon equivalent where you explore procedurally generated areas and I swear to god they are completely indiscernible from the actual bespoke level design

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Harold Fjord posted:

I'm going to attempt to recreate the horse guy from sekiro if that's possible but all i know about the gameplay is that its a souls game with a horse.

sadly the character creator does not let you make your guy 11 feet tall (because then he wouldn't be a hosed up little guy) so creating gyoubu masataka oniwa is impossible

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Vintersorg posted:

So streamers/influencers can play at 9am tmrw. gently caress

isn't this just because they all bought the game with new zealand accounts or something, I think that's normally what they do

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Cowcaster posted:

i guess if you got a physical copy you could poop in the case all you want but you're out of luck if you went digital

you could always take your hard drive out and poop on that

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

ImpAtom posted:

There is an item named "Gold-flecked excrement"

you're telling me that gold flecked this excrement?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Willfrey posted:

sure, ditch your friends over a video game great advice

this, unironically

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Propaganda Hour posted:

If Russia nukes the world before this game comes out I'm gonna be so mad

do people actually think nukes are gonna be launched lmao

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

gently caress you people who are playing already :mad:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

euphronius posted:

Will this have the highest ever concurrent play count on steam

no

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

big missed opportunity having the game be about becoming an Elden Lord and not an Elden King

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

i would love to see a single example of a person complaining about a hypothetical colorblind mode

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

BurningBeard posted:

Nah. The unnecessarily hostile responses to what are very basic asks is what I’m heated over.t.

you’re literally the most hostile poster in this thread right now

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

BurningBeard posted:

Explain to me why anyone would have a valid reason for arguing against a quest log. That poo poo makes me mad. There’s no reason for pushback on it, especially if it’s on a toggle, as it should be considering Fromsoft’s design ethos.

I’m sorry for coming in hot for real, but it gets so old seeing the same poo poo argued over and over while it completely misses the mark. The result is I’m left unable to play a shitload of games, and the narrow notion of what accessible design actually is further hinders what could be a more inclusive space. I’m not calling anyone out in specific here, just the situation in total.

E: Twitter makes everything worse too.

You are very loudly and angrily making two directly opposite arguments at once, that the quest log is a distraction from actual accessibility issues that doesn’t really matter but also that the quest log is a very real accessibility issue and people who think it’s stupid are secretly part of the Gamer Gestapo. Spend less time on Twitter.

Augus fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Feb 24, 2022

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I for one am absolutely frothing at the mouth in rage at the idea of a color blind mode, scaleable fonts, and text-to-speech menus. it makes me so friggin mad!!! GOD I JUST HATE ACCESSIBILITY SO MUCH

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

BurningBeard posted:

I have profound sight loss, but you can keep tilting if you want.

how on earth would a quest log help with that

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

BurningBeard posted:

It doesn’t and I never claimed otherwise.

what exactly are you trying to claim, you called everyone out for being gatekeeping gamer chuds for not taking seriously a complaint that you yourself don't seem to take seriously, and used that as a "jumping off point" to debate a laundry list of mostly non-controversial accessibility features that nobody has really taken strong issue with? why???

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The Walrus posted:

it would be cool if 'accessibility features options available' was a system wide toggle that you could turn off and forget about if you don't want to be 'tempted' by things like quest logs.

so making the accessibility features less accessible???

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

have fun guys I’ll just be here paying the 6 hour console tax…

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Kirios posted:

Help y'all.

I'm kind of dragging in Horizon: Forbidden West. It's...fine, I'm kind of enjoying it, but the first is definitely better. Do I keep at it or just suck it up and play Elden Ring? I really want to play Elden Ring day one.

I was having a great time in horizon but am immediately throwing it on the backburner for Elden Ring. You should play Elden Ring imo

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The Key starting gift was an absolutely amazing troll, game's a 10/10 already

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

blue squares posted:

Well it seems that if I am a gamer who dislikes difficult bosses, this game was as much a waste of money as all other FromSoftware games I have wasted money on lol. I looked up a youtube on Magrit the Fell and it took the player 9 minutes. Jesus

But the player also looks to have way better gear than me so maybe I went there too soon

it’s a big game, if you’re stuck on one thing there’s probably 10 places you could explore instead to beef up your character

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I’m in trouble with this game because it’s gonna take me like a hundred hours to beat it but I already want to replay it with all the different builds :negative:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

sigher posted:

Are there any quick hotkeys to use items? I'd love to have my horse as just a key and not an item I have to select to use.

pause and go to your “pouch” items on the right, you can assign four items that you can use by holding triangle and pressing the D-Pad directions. iirc they tell you about this right after you get Torrent

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Nonexistence posted:

So I have 2 smithing stones in my inventory, but when I go to upgrade a weapon on the blacksmith screen it says I have no smithing stones. What am I missing?

Is it 2 smithing stones or is it a Smithing Stone (2)?
The latter means that it’s a Level 2 Smithing Stone, and the thing you need two of is a Level 1 Smithing Stone

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I beat the dragon. This game is incredible and Torrent is my best friend in the whole world

DeathChicken posted:

I dunno, at least Father Guacamole didn't fight you in an area where backing up too far one way is an instadeath by falling, and backing up the other way is an instadeath by getting pinned on a wall

:confused: Father G’s arena was littered with V-shaped arrangements of tiny tombstones that were insanely easy to accidentally get stuck on and killed

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

hobbez posted:

Really hard to get a feel for how the community is feeling about this game so far. For every 5 posts about how someone is getting actually stonewalled and they’re loving over it there is maybe 1 person that drops in to say “this game is a sublime epic masterpiece unlike anything before”.

I’d make more posts about how much I adore this game but I’m too busy playing the game

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The Marika Stakes and refilling your flasks by killing groups of enemies are really clever changes to make the game work better as an open world game. The stakes are great because you can run into a miniboss that absolutely destroys you out in the open world but there will almost always be a stake nearby when that happens so the punishment is minimal, meaning you won’t feel discouraged to explore and throw yourself at things that might be out of your league.
The flask refills are great because you can sometimes spend a while exploring before finding your next site of grace but if you’re willing to take the risk of defeating some extra enemies, you can keep moving forward and exploring for longer instead of having to stop and go back to refresh your healing.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

ChocNitty posted:

If anyones unhappy with the game, pony up two bills and buy a used switch and botw.

This game is an 8.5 for me. Botw is a certified ten.

I could write ten paragraphs explaining why. But just play the poo poo and see for yourself.

Metacritic score the same as botw though? Nicca pleaze.

this game might be even better than botw imo tbqh

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

it really cannot be stressed enough that the best way to overcome a boss that you're stuck on in this game is to just go explore somewhere else and come back later. you can have a +3 or +4 flask before even facing Margit if you look around enough.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Holy crap there is just so much to Stormveil Castle. It's like 3 or 4 standard Souls areas grafted together.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

GreatGreen posted:

I go back and fourth between gasping in awed wonder at the sheer magnificence of the accomplishment that is this game’s world, enemy design, ambience… and just complete loving controller-throwing rage at how bullshit the boss AI can be.

“Hard but fair my loving rear end” I scream as sometimes I can get a boss down to 10% of their health remaining, and sometimes the fight opens with an 8-hit combo of multiple damage types I don’t have the stamina to either block or roll through so it insta-kills me. Just whatever the AI routine randomly feels like doing, ya know.

I suppose I am glad that for the most part there has at least been bonfires basically right next to or like at most, 1 to 2 must-fight enemies from each boss fog door.

usually long combos are best dealt with by just getting away from the boss

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Khanstant posted:

Haha I was fighting a dragon, doing well, and then it just ran away and turned invisible lol.

yeah if he gets too far out of his arena he teleports back to where he spawned. just go back over to him, his health will still be where you left it

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

drunken officeparty posted:

12:30 hours played time so far and I just beat Godrick. How long is this game

I fought him at 25 hours lmao

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Sir Tonk posted:

if you cant be bothered to figure out the moves with that boss then youre not going to be good at any from games, that one is super slow and telegraphs hard

that tweet is bait

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Gamerofthegame posted:

nuclear hot take;

I kinda think the horse was a mistake.

platforming with horse is awkward because it has inertia and the boss fights are lessons in a wild camera and things leaping across entire townships to zone you all while you just have two swings (or magic I guess) to do your stuff on. especially when fights on horse back usually mean darting in when something is locked in an animation and wailing on it for a while, usually the leg by nature which causes it to fall over and you wail on it more

granted I imagine it's more so in to space places out for loading reasons, but still. horse lame. it does hilariously trivialize bosses where they forgot to make it a no-horse zone inside

hard disagree, torrent is my best friend.
fighting the dragon on horseback was absolutely exhilarating, this is like the only game I’ve played where I enjoyed mounted combat

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Verisimilidude posted:

https://twitter.com/MichaelDoesLife/status/1497689666337873928?s=20&t=aRpFtV-Je5Wi_KuN5iu4jA
This has to be a joke right? Like he's intentionally saying dumb poo poo to get attention?

Yes

hazardousmouse posted:

I'm gonna summon anything and everything I can cause these bosses are assholes and don't deserve respect or a "fair" fight
I think they’re neat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

titanium posted:

I've been stuck on the Redmane Castle boss for 2 days and have tried to bring co-op in and can never F'ing get it. I've helped beat the boss 8x+ for others including with just 2 but I cant loving crack this egg. There's like 45k runes in there now too.

If you want you can just go in and grab your runes then quit game to get them out of the boss room, then you can spend them and maybe go explore somewhere else