Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Is there a faith merchant you can find early on? Wondering if I missed them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Can anyone confirm if you can powerstance with Cypher Pata and Grafted Dragon?

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Grouchio posted:

NIGHT REPORT:

o 40 Tries against the Magma Wyrm to get the Moonveil and I've only halved it's health once. I farmed the Mother Dragon beforehand and hosed up my levelling so that my damage is still base level with an Uchikatana. What should I do?

I just beat him: stick close and to his front-left; jump attack at his head

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Can anybody confirm if the jawbone axe deals strike damage? I need myself a strike weapon. The item description explicitly says it deals strike damage and it sounds like a strike weapon when swung, but it’s labeled a “standard” axe and I don’t want to get burned wasting smithing stones.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Babe Magnet posted:

it deals strike damage

Thanks fam

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I only use weapons and incantations that I think
look cool.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Andrast posted:

I can't dislike Micolash

i appreciate gimmick bosses

I got owned by his late stage nuke too many times to appreciate the goofiness

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I am insanely outclassed by these dual wielding banished knights. What the gently caress

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

All I had to do was bitch about it and then I killed them both with no trouble. Parrying is my friend.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Having a ton of fun on ng+ converting my str/faith buffer into a hybrid bleed build with the chain link flail and bloodflame blade. Game owns, no notes.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

desshar posted:

I finally beat elden ring. In some ways, this game is amazing to me. They really made dark souls feel open world. There's so much to do and each area feels like it has a good amount of detail. Ranni's side quest was my favorite part, which is a shame that the others were you typical dark souls affair. I also don't know how to feel about the bosses overall. They feel a bit much at times. The elden beast is a weird boss to end things on and the ending felt very :effort:

The real Elden Ring starts now!

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

No Dignity posted:

In any other Souls game, if you're being chased by a mob of human sizes enemies they're almost certainly doing to be put into hitstun by a straight sword R1 and the player will have a viable aggressive option managing the encounter getting in staggers weaving between attacks. In DS2 from the midgame onwards they're almost certainly going to take ultra heavy weapon to stagger and if the player isn't built for one their only melee option is going to be 'run away and try and sneak in hits between overlapping attacks', it's absolutely horrid and the people defending it are perverts

I would recommend that you do not aggro an entire mob of enemies when playing Fromsoft’s masterpiece, Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Big shout out for reminding me to play SotFS again. Beating the pursuer first try is always a blast.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Playing through DS2 again and this game has incredible vibes. Basically infinite builds. Slow and steady combat. Just chilling in drangleic.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

It is unquestionably the Fromsoft game I have played the most and enjoyed the most.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

lmao

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Is there a known bug with Ranni’s quest or am I just missing something? I gave her the finger slayer blade and exhausted her dialogue, but she never gave me the inverted statue.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Eerkik posted:

Also does anyone else make up elaborate backstories while they play? My priest i decided was on his way to boletaria to cleanse the fog when he "fell asleep" and woke up in the lands between. Theres some confusion as to why his miracles work with false idols but he got too much faith in The God(sic) for that to stop him from slinging lightning bolts

I love elaborate theme characters. My first and favorite was a blind strength/faith build named Samson who wielded a Jawbone Axe.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

One of my favorite playthroughs in all Souls likes was a dual bonefist run in DS2. I think that is the only moveset that ever let the player character do kungfu.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I’m about 2/3rds of the way through on a bow run (shamefully stuck on Morgott). I’m having an ok time with it so far. A bit repetitive, but it’s interesting to see how certain bosses/encounters are different with a bow.

Is anyone aware of a better thin beast bone farming spot than the north church in weeping peninsula?

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

*pushes away from desk, adjusting lazyboy at optimal angle*

HOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPE

*blasts through the roof into the night sky*

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I can’t believe they added bonfire ascetics and a built-in randomizer!

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Please let the karate man be a player character.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I wish ER brought had back some of the cool scaling types introduced in DS2 like dark and mundane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Playing on a controller with backpads feels like cheating. It’s honestly so nice.