Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
Been playing this game recently as a Samurai and after going around Limgrave and doing various stuff, I ended up beating Margit on my first try (though at the skin of my teeth). I could go into Stormveil and try to eventually take on Godrick or I could go and keep exploring and getting new stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
Beaten Godrick in my second attempt though I almost managed to beat him in my first but got too greedy on my attacks for my own good and got killed for it.

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
Cleared Caria Manor. Do not like the giant severed and fused hand things, less about being actually difficult (they aren't outside of numbers which applies to every enemy anyway) and more about how creepy they are.

I also did not like that the main boss in the catacombs near the Frenzied Village stunning me which lead it and the skeleton enemies to shred my health to zero in an instant because I wanted to regain my runes.

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
Managed to clear Raya Lucaria Academy, Rennala wasn't that hard despite the intimidating second phase. I've actually had more difficulty with the NPC Carian Knight you'd have to fight before her and the area itself was more troubling, especially during the moment where I had to contend with several sorcerers and a giant jar.

I guess I'll check out the rest of Caelid which I need to since I need the other half of the medallion to access Altus Plateau.

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
Progressed quite well. Got the other half of the Dectus Medallion to unlock the lift, decided to go the long way anyway since it got smithing stones, kinda regretted it due to the human-faced bats habit of using poison (which I didn't realized that I had a way to cure it like an idiot) and Makar hitting rather hard but won anyway, explored a bit of the Atlus Plataeu, ran into a dragon that ran away after i dealt some damage, progressed through some sidequests including starting Millicent's one, joined the Volcano Manor where I killed Istvan and Rileigh, met a cute snake lady, killed Radahn and wore his armor, killed two dragons and an undead bird and lastly, rewarded Tragoth for helping me against a Dragonic Tree Sentinel by murdering him.

Next I probably check around Mt. Gelmir and head to Nokron after that.

Edit:

Pyro Jack fucked around with this message at 00:01 on May 7, 2024

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016

Completed Ranni's questline (putting a spoilertag on the image just in case). I probably should go and clear Leyndell then.

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
Completed Fia's (and D's) questline. Now I should probably go do Leyndell.

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
In just under 50 hours, I've finished a handful of questlines, acquired alot of armor that I occasionally change into whenever I'm in the mood for something different, cleared Leyndell and defeated the boss who, after probably at least knowing that I've obtained three Great Runes by the time I got to Leyndell and the fact that I've killed a ton of people to get there in the first place, decided to try put my foolish ambitions to rest. That man is now reduced to being actually better-looking than before but ultimately dying on the floor after I was done with him.

I've also managed to not only complete the Volcano Manor quests but also upgraded the obligatory weapon for a specific boss so I can make the fight go quicker alongside using an item that serves as a comically better version of a Memory of Grace to exit out of the boss arena and get to another area that's definitely important for the future DLC.

So yeah, I think I enjoy Elden Ring.

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
I've beaten the Fire Giant though he was kinda of a slog due to having alot of health and the fact that Alexander didn't do anything in the beginning of the second phase until I literally went up to him and the Fire Giant hit him (and me) for him to actually go do his job. I could get to Farum Azula now by activating the Forge but I want to check if there's anything interesting with Melina for the upcoming DLC.

I also got to the Consecrated Snowfield. I hate the blizzard part of the first half and I didn't expect the area to suddenly crash twice after that. I've verified my files after that if it's something wrong with them but I'm kinda worried to continue ahead in case for future crashes or worse.

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
I hate the Haligtree, I hate having to carefully platform across branches where I end up usually careening towards my death and I hate the Oracle Envoys, especially that big one who loves to shoot bubbles that one-shot me.

Edit: Cleared the branch part. Lets hope the rest of the area is better...

Pyro Jack fucked around with this message at 19:59 on May 10, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
Completed Millicent's questline. Picked the side to get the Unalloyed Needle in case for a future thing. The Unulcerated Tree Spirit fight in a pool of sludge that not only gives you Scarlet Rot but also slows you down is not a fun premise. After dying twice, I just decided to just cheese the bastard since I'm not in the mood and promptly wasted all of my basic bolts and a good chunk of my other ones to kill it from a distance.

After that, it was the fight against Millicent's sisters. I only managed to kill at least two until dying but Millicent cleared the rest while I was dying meaning that I won the fight, primarily due to her doing all the hard work.

Edit: Just before the boss of the Haligtree (Loretta is also a boss but she's comically easy compared to actually getting to her). Since I'm feeling like it and it's easy to get to, I'll farm the Haligtree Knight armor set since I like the look of it.

Pyro Jack fucked around with this message at 23:28 on May 10, 2024