Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatson
Oct 21, 2020

"IN PLACE OF KÄÄRIJÄ YOU WOULD HAVE LOREEN! NOT GREEN BUT BEAUTIFUL AND BEIGE AS 'TATTOO'!"

Nuebot posted:

So on my fresh character here's something weird I've noticed: starting right off the bat, I ran to margit, murdered him but haven't killed my first rune boss yet. None of the mines in the game seem to be spawning their ore nor is the bell bearing hunter showing up at any of his locations.

Try night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatson
Oct 21, 2020

"IN PLACE OF KÄÄRIJÄ YOU WOULD HAVE LOREEN! NOT GREEN BUT BEAUTIFUL AND BEIGE AS 'TATTOO'!"
I've noticed the same, actually. The boss shows up only during night, but you have to fast travel there from another place first or nonsense like that.

Goatson
Oct 21, 2020

I discovered a poisonous cave filled with poison poo poo in Weeping Peninsula. "No biggie" thought I, "Harvest valley makes a second comeback, that's the way these things go".

Found several other caves just like the first one, "Well, we know Miyazaki loves his poison swamps ha ha ha ha"

Then got to Caelid. "This all you got, game?? I can ride over these with ease!" shouted I knee deep in scarlet gunk as Millicent invaded

Abandoned cave broke my spirit

Then I got to lake of rot. Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of my nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. I had won the victory over myself. I loved Elden RIng

Goatson
Oct 21, 2020

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

After thoroughly enjoying everything up until now I can safely say that Lake of Rot is one of my least favorite zones in any Souls game. Absolute dogshit level design, nothing interesting to do, non-stop chugging boluses or casting cleanse, the first boss has possibly the worst hitboxes I've ever seen, then you get ambushed by a miniboss that does nothing but frantically whip around in a tiny corridor full of rot, and *then* there's another boss with like 3 different one-hit-kill moves even at 40 vigor. Just a miserable slog.

I do want to hear your opinions on Elphael, should you ever go there. Lake of Rot should feel warm and welcoming in comparison

Goatson
Oct 21, 2020

Calaveron posted:

I only have the one half of another medallion, the one I got from Niall. Geoffrey or whatever said the other half is hidden in the village of the albinaurics which I have no idea how to get to

Find Lake of Rot. You shall find a coffin that fits you. At the end, past the fallen star there is an elevator that takes you up. The village is now below you. Do not take the plunge.

Goatson
Oct 21, 2020

The Anime Liker posted:

What?

Village of the Albinaurics is accessible from the beginning of Liurnia.

Go from the first grace after you kill Godrick to the second Liurnia grace, down the hill by the merchant. Now just go west, hugging the wall. Maybe a 3 minute horse ride from Godrick to Village of Albinaurics.

Yes. There were perfectly good directions given by other posters. Above my post.

I was being cheeky. Thats part of being a souls player ...and a goon

And now I explained the joke

Goatson
Oct 21, 2020

For such maidenless behavior, Miyazaki expects you to invade at least 10 times. That or you must post more feet pics. In game pics preferably.

Goatson
Oct 21, 2020

On topic of hosts having stuff they shouldn't have, or equipment that feels like they couldn't get on their own, I usually don't mind depending on level. Its way too common to see spells and gear on beginners they never could've gotten on their own by that point, but that was also my DS3 invader's experience. When I've done Stormveil invasions hosts have had no idea how to optimally use their high end spells with the stat spread they have. It's the phantoms that annoy me. This game's scaling is bonkers and more often than not phantoms are OP levels of broken if they've finished the game and now are helping a friend.

Goatson fucked around with this message at 18:19 on May 14, 2022

Goatson
Oct 21, 2020

Yeah, I do lvl 60 and lvl 100 invasions with int and faith builds and with both I figured putting any points in mind would be a hindrance rather than a boon.

Goatson
Oct 21, 2020

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Where's the teleporter to mohg?

You must admit you are maidenless twice before the creepy white masked NPC in front of abandoned church in Liurnia. He will give you some fingers. Use them to troll other player. This impresses the dude so much he lets you to join his incel gang but with a caveat - you must kill a maiden for their blood. No matter who you choose, the dude now will show you the way to the gang headquarters - run by Mohg.

Goatson
Oct 21, 2020

Amoeba102 posted:

Or find an already dead Maiden in a church in north Liurnia.

:ssh: The blood must flow to please the luminary Mohg

Goatson
Oct 21, 2020

I voted house Rykard because I'm for killing everything in equal measure. Devour the gods, join the familee!

Goatson
Oct 21, 2020

We need to have a pool of tarnished to be killed, and we need a steady supply of gods that can be devoured. In this sense I cannot give my vote for Three Fingers and their "Equal rights through annihilation" program. Laudable goal, but we need to think of the numbers of the Eldeconomy.

Goatson
Oct 21, 2020

I view the player less a medieval Hitler, and more like a fantasy Attila the Hun: driven by promise of power, loot, prestigious wife/husband and an audience with the pope

Goatson
Oct 21, 2020

Lord_Magmar posted:

Hopefully we’ll be a better ruler than the current lot.

My favorite invasion spot is Stormveil Castle. I place myself in open and poison them when they mistakenly try to wave at me. I laugh whenever a player dies to poison. Its absolutely golden

Goatson
Oct 21, 2020

Bumper Stickup posted:

Still bullshit we don't get to team up with Rykard and devour the gods together!

You, like every other good recusant, team up with him by invading the poo poo out of all these maidenless folks here.

#IvotedRykard #Serpentneverdies

Goatson fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Jul 29, 2022

Goatson
Oct 21, 2020

On my ng+ round where I'm catching up with achievements I'm supposed to have, but don't for reasons , I've come to the conclusion that I really, really hate the Godfrey/Hoarah Loux boss combo. Tried Int/faith for funsies and this boss here is the one that, like a crucible knight, let's you have 0,5 seconds between attacks to time your counters and gives no mercy if you mistime or get greedy. I'd imagine it's ok with a proper melee build but with full caster this boss was nothing but stunlocks and pain. Hate him! Hate!

Goatson fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Jul 29, 2022

Goatson
Oct 21, 2020

What it must have looked like to spectators watching my scrawny lil nerd beat the First Elden Lord, who tried his hardest to hug me to death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5FU0ZMRB_Q

Goatson
Oct 21, 2020

To those struggling with vyke: here's how I've killed him several times with rl 1-30 twinks: it relatively easy to make him fall of the cliff. Find a ledge, any ledge surrounding the church that you can drop down to and vyke happily follows, plummeting to his death

Goatson
Oct 21, 2020

Mohg isn't the actual boss of Subterranean shunning grounds. Nor are the giga-omen with 5-attack stun combo.

The pipe section with 10+ imps, that's the true boss of that tarnished hellhole

Goatson
Oct 21, 2020

Chevy Slyme posted:

I think you mean the two lobsters in the basement.

Virgin giant lobster needing sniper tools to have a chance vs Chad stone imp crushing you with game's shortest axe

Goatson
Oct 21, 2020

ZeusCannon posted:

I think you can be invaded if you have an npc summon with you? Maybe?

Fairly certain I invaded someone who just had Tragoth with him but that might have been a good cosplay

You can! I have ruined several Commander O'Neil battles in Caelid when some hapless fool summoned Polyanna and nothing else

Goatson
Oct 21, 2020

Ginette Reno posted:

I wouldn't mind invasion specific areas a la Belfrey Luna from DS2 but I don't think I'd be a fan of just generally being able to be invaded in other areas in ER. I don't mind gritting my teeth and going okay I know I'm about to enter a small area where I gotta deal with shitheads teleporting in with the OP dejour item of the day to push my poo poo in, but if I was at risk of that in more than just a few designated areas I think it would very much negatively affect my enjoyment of the game.

You should've thunk it before you named your character "Gankmaster69", dressed as a cheap version of Giantdad and called in a friend to admire the crime that was your character. Me, I am simply a divine punishment sent by the fashion-gods

Goatson
Oct 21, 2020

Real talk tho, I've done all the forms of multiplayer and boy, even after the latest patch this game still has way too many ways to ruin anyone's day. Any time my opponent quickswaps dual heavy thrusting swords i scream internally

Goatson
Oct 21, 2020

Wamsutta posted:

This type of cutting edge comedy is why I keep coming back, thank you for your service

Have you ever... like, thought that perhaps us invaders have to go through the same process, but unlike you, we didn't quit (well ok, many did) or demand the pvp to be canceled?

Like make me count the times, from the days I started, every cheater, hacker and mule who one shot me. ER having teabag made me miss the days of DS3 where point down was the way to go

The obvious ganks? must number over hundred. you don't learn much from those other than to run away, or you git gud while you run away.

or the infamous broken builds. At one point this game had nothing but duos spamming moonveil AoW. It was a freaking laser show.

You go in there with your idiot build and you learn. One encounter at a time

Goatson
Oct 21, 2020

I love how everyone hates the radagon/EB combo while I find that fight rather trivial. Meanwhile, don't ask how many times I've died to fricking Godfrey/Hoarah Loux. Is no one else struggling against him? Just me?

Defeating EB feels more of RNG: Sometimes the fucker keeps spamming holy blade, and rarely it stays in melee and swings like a whale stuck on a beach.

Goatson
Oct 21, 2020

I screamed "gently caress you!" loudly as I pounded Loretta and her infinite i-frame dodging horse to the ground. It's alright. She now belongs to the family.

It was easier to buy stuff when i gathered all the merchant bell-bearings together into one place. That's familee for you

I killed Zorayas. I laughed. Famileeeee

I have all the maidens

Goatson
Oct 21, 2020

thechosenone posted:

Hope at least one of the endings has all the disparate oppressed people able to band together with the alright remnants of the old order who haven't been assassinated for realizing the flaws in the system that brought everything about (Wouldn't surprise me if Goldmask getting murked wasn't the first time someone got axed for suggesting changing how things got done magicwise instead of just doing the same thing but harder).

Hahaha

You either devour the people you wish to save, turn their runes into real power, or you become a hypocrite like Gideon and Miquella. That is the way, Recusant.

Vote Rykard.

Goatson
Oct 21, 2020

Recusants, this talk of ethical meat consumption and class struggle is beneath you. Also, it makes you lot sound like maidenless nerds.

Gods eat while tarnished starve. The serpent'll devour them all.

#voteRykard

Goatson
Oct 21, 2020

The Kingfish posted:

I would recommend that you do not play Fromsoft’s Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin.

Goatson
Oct 21, 2020

The DLC will have a section where all common enemies are groups of tree spirits that are immune to fire damage.

Goatson
Oct 21, 2020

Dalaram posted:

BREXIT as the shattering, and the EU is the Elden ring.

Not Brexit, but the Tory Leadership election.

Godrick is obv Bojo

Goatson
Oct 21, 2020

Bluff Buster posted:

Is there anything in the Elden Ring lore that explains the existence or purpose of Turtle Pope?

Turtle munched grass for many decades. Such delicious grass! Grew he did. You too, would grow, were you not eating crabs and drinking red seed juice.

Then one day he got a hat. Said the people: "This hat makes you the pope!". Indeed, you'd too, become a pope were you to be given such a fancy hat. Alas, you are a tarnished and as such you only wear jar corpses and pumpkins and stuff that belongs to other people.

Goatson
Oct 21, 2020

Big Bizness posted:

Yeah, that's why you can only use Larval tears 5 times max with Rennala. Otherwise your brain melts out of your ears.

The whole thing is basically recycling the Rosaria concept from Dark Souls 3 - mother-ly lady rebirthing her minions repeatedly leading to them becoming gross half slug people. Also, there's plenty of evidence that suggests that Rennala's boss fight itself, at least the first phase, is literally a reskinned boss fight with Rosaria cut from DS3. All those legless students used to be slug people which is presumably why they crawl around the way they do.

Naw mate, you can keep respecin as many times as you like as long as you pay the larval price. I think there are something close to 17 you can find in a single run.

I mean, i've done it with my sl100 invader over 10 times now and there's been hardly any brain damage any brain damage any brain damage

Goatson
Oct 21, 2020

Before the tree there was the Crusible. And judging by the crucible knights I assume everyone was a chad made out of solid steel and horns.

Goatson
Oct 21, 2020

Then, lord Gwyn marika invaded, and the kights were defeated when some traitor revealed that parry was their weakness and the world was forever corrupted

Goatson
Oct 21, 2020

War Wizard posted:

I was pretty bummed out that you can't just ready the heavy lance and plow through enemies on horseback, they just swing it around like a doofus. Also the tracking on horseback with thrusting swords can be absolutely silly. Just stab the dude!

You can? You def can. Instead of pressing the regular attacks, perhaps, tarnished, it was time to try the charged one.

Goatson
Oct 21, 2020

You'd think invading and finding yourself in Lake of Rot is the best thing ever. "Oh the host is practically dead!"

No. The soup will get you too. The soup will get you before it gets the host.

Goatson
Oct 21, 2020

Grafted crucible bear with a body of a bear and arms of ten rot-struck crucible knights. It's spinning combo can be riposted but only if you parry it three times in succession.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatson
Oct 21, 2020

Tungsten posted:

"look, I can give you eternal preservation of the individual ego OR i can make the walking skeletons go away. no, you can't have both."

"With rebooting you will remove clippy entirely. Such a shame. A terrible thing to ponder. Why not burn down your computer?" -Shabriri