Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Great opening thread OP to whats sure to be an Epic Game! :cheersdoge: my body is ready :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

Moofia Boss Val posted:

The sci fi hollywood music was very inappropriate. Looks like another generic souls game. Only thing that seems somewhat interesting is the mounted combat.

Getting tired of souls games. Couldnt be me!

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Hope they give you a dried finger from the beginning. Bigly huge coop shenanigans ftw

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Lol buying a physical dark souls game. Why would you sell

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
If anyone is having a fromsoft itch in anticipation of gamings magnus opus i recommend a randomized sekiro run to tide you over. Im having a blast playing thru this again, almost feels like a new game

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

Thundercracker posted:

Sheldon Ring

There's a laugh track for every single action you take, even doing nothing at all.

Gonna play a caster and Bazinga my foes to death

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Pc connected to giant gaming tv ftw. Thats how ive been sekiroing

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

beer gas canister posted:

on the evening of thrusday feb 24 i am going to get extremely high and play elden ring. lol

I took the Gamer Pledge since Feb 9th, vowing to not consume weed until Elden ring comes out. Its gonna be loving awesome!!!!! :2bong: :yeeclaw:

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

.Ataraxia. posted:

I'm gonna consume so much weed I go into a coma and wake up exactly at release time. #gamerpledge420

Rock on Gamer. :zpatriot:

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Eldurrr wrung

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Please someone recommend me a bleed weapon set so I don't have to refresh this thread to read your bickering thank you

I roll cold bloodhound claws. 100+ cold and 45 blood on them. I use the bloodhound quiickstep

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

Mirello posted:

? for anyone who's playing and further ahead than I am, is frost/bleed weapons still a viable strat, or was all frost nerfed?

I poo poo out so much dmg with frost/blood lol

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
God i love the final boss fight. Its so sick. The music, the pacing, the location, boss. Everything about it is Gamer Heaven. I wanted to cry (i still do). The greatest game ever made: Elden Ring

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

Jeremor posted:

As someone who has played but never beaten a DS game before, I made a vagabond guy thinking I'll be pure melee and probably balance str and dex pretty evenly. Reading stuff has made me second guess that idea, though. It seems like it won't really keep up as the game goes on and doesn't have any tricks to it without some magic.

Now I'm tempted to make a full str meaty boy, or a str/faith paladin... any tips? Am I just wrong that a balanced vagabond guy will be kind of underpowered?

My tip is to not read this thread or much at all. Theres no point in speculating over anything if you have not beaten the game. Just enjoy it and have fun

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Instakill hackers on the playstation. Gotta love it

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

The Lone Badger posted:

I haven't really found anything in the Lands Between to indicate that they can or should be saved. Is there a 'annihilate everything, return it to the primordial void' ending?

Everyone is sketch and no one seems to have good intentions lol

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Im at this point in the game where i just need to be killing dudes constantly. I need blood. I need invaders all the time so i can kill them. Feels dull without demons to slay

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

No Dignity posted:

I feel like I've been playing an entirely different series of games to you guys? The Souls games and Sekiro were so good because by and large the combat was clean and deterministic. There has never been anything as janky and bullshit as the boss just pushing the 'you die instantly' button five minutes into a grueling fight, which I imagine is why they removed that element of the fight once they saw what it looked like under live conditions

Yeah ill take Dodging for 500

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

Sockser posted:

Spent a lot of time helping people co-op through Malekith last night, largely had fun clowning around

But I do not like that his hits apply a dot.
There's something exhilarating about being in combat, a boss striking you down to <10% of your health, and needing to put in a shitload of distance and find a safe opening to pound your flask.
If you get hit with one of his dots, well, forget about that.

Status effect dots are fine, because I have to be standing in the poop for a while
Auto dots on hit I think is pretty lame

Just dont get hit

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

CharlestheHammer posted:

They just want to rule the world.

It’s actually funny how this story is just a more refined version of Bloodbornes story.

It feels that way doesnt it lol

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

codo27 posted:

Pour out a flask charge for me. 105 hours in, killed FG, just killed Mohg, and now I must disassemble my PC to RMA my video card. I dont care to think about how long it will be until I get the replacement.

Im sorry fellow goon. I hear you

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Is elden ring the greatest game of all time?? Sources point to yes

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

Hiro Protagonist posted:

I managed to finally beat the Elden Beast...with the Carian Retaliation glitch. I'll be honest, I have no problem using summons and magic, but I do feel like that was a bit of a cheap trick. I don't think there's really a way for me to go back and do it again, cause I'm not going back and replaying the whole game for that one fight. Maybe I should just put down a summon sign and help other people until I beat it "legitimately"? I don't know, I feel a bit incorrect saying I "beat" Elden Ring at this point. Maybe I should just go back and finish Sekiro or Bloodborne.

Post carian feel lol. Gamers with shame.com

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Edlden wring dl.C tomorrow announcement! 10 am

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
thats all i need baby. elden tree!

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

Oxyclean posted:

I'm hoping the egg is not the main DLC entry point - there was a line about touching "the armor" to enter the land of shadows at the end of the trailer, so I'm assuming the egg might just be related to the DLC, rather then a sole entry point.

You can just ask a goon to help beat mohg hes not that bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

Oxyclean posted:

I've beat Mohg, the implication of the DLC being behind him means everything in it will be as hard or harder, and that's also at a point in the level curve where levels are less effective at giving you more power. I'm probably up to it, I'm just more interested in more of the mid game of Elden Ring then more of the end game.

Plus it's also that it's super deep in the game if I need to prep a new save file/start fresh with the DLC/do a new build, etc.

Its based around the difficulty of end game miyazaki cobfirmed