Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Haven't played since this was new and I burned myself out platinuming it. How do I get Varre to move to the Rose Church? Kill Rick?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Did Marika effectively utilize girl power when she sent paramilitary attack squads against the Albinaurics?

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023

explosivo posted:

I summoned Rogier to fight Margit but then sent him away because I realized I had runes to spend and now his summon sign isn't showing back up, is he just not available for that fight now? :ohdear:

You should be fine. Just warp somewhere else and come back. efb etc

Your Uncle Dracula fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Feb 17, 2024

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
The Dreadful Doodoo Diner…

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Getting ready for the dlc with a new character by doing the big dragon bleed out, rushing through Godrick, getting my yucky finger, and then despawning Mohg via the infinite void. A strange journey for the Tarnished, but perhaps one that will become more common in the coming days….

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023

Nuebot posted:

Yeah, and you need to kill two rune bearers to unlock the golden city so in theory if you just sprint to altus, that'll unlock the radahn festival and along the way I think varre should move to his church where you can do his quest to go join the mogwyn dynasty.

You gotta talk to the Fingers in the round table to move Varre, because he only gives you the invasion keys if you agree they're hosed up.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Also the Fringefolk grave (and those scions in particular) are a pretty tough fight for early on. Having enough HP to at least take a hit from the stupid chariot is pretty useful.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
16 faith and 16 arcane lets you get most if not all of the useful utility spells. Flame Cleanse, Flame Strength, Heal, Bloodflame Blade, Poison Mist, Rotten Breath, Swarm of Flies.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
I am not convinced that they will add a special system for the DLC. They were perfectly happy to let you dip in from the midgame in DS2, DS3 and Bloodborne. If you want to get rocked, that’s on you.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

yeah there's a Famitsu article in Japanese where Miyazaki addresses the subject directly and a bunch of English outlets reported on it, it's not speculation that they're doing something

also the issue is probably less "you'll get rocked", especially considering the whole thing is gated by Mohg, than it is the other end of the scale -- taking some comically overleveled character in on an existing save and now everything's a pushover

Oh! My bad. Thought it was just speculation. I mean, Mohg can be glitched from as soon as you get Godrick’s rune, but that’s not really intended progression I guess.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Dragon Communion is the best overall seal in the game imo. It's also the most stylish for being a weird representation of the inner hallow rather than a gross little talisman.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023

Paracelsus posted:

I want to like/use the offensive bestial incantations like stone and claws, but I can't seem to get the damage out of the basement with either high strength using the beast talisman or high faith with other talismans. Pocket Sand's damage is so small it's almost insulting.

Pocket Sand is a mixup move for PVP, yeah, a kill confirm like Fan Daggers where the surprise range and quick cast/cooldown are the main benefit.

e: Dragon build is already good for the easiest way to hit rot at range, even if Rotten Breath's power was cut in half. It's still the most accessible : most damaging version of scarlet Rot you can inflict as a player, because of course there's multiple levels of virulence they don't mention anywhere in game.

Your Uncle Dracula fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Mar 14, 2024

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
https://youtu.be/802HHr_F1PU?si=ikewID9SAY7cQqlw

For really any sort of consumable heavy run? Get comfortable in Jarburg. You will be needing to strip them of their natural resources many a time.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
The irascible indigestion ingester…

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023

Nuebot posted:

I like when I accidentally click on a fandom link and it immediately stops me from reading their lovely page to ask me weird questions like how old I am.

Get you the breezewiki extension, my friend. We don’t have to deal with this.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
The talisman in Gostoc’s kill room isn’t bad.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
The bosses in Castle Morne / Shaded Castle both have one, for instance. The annoying one is on top of the dragon in the capital.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Dark souls 2 original monastery scimitar we miss you

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Bras shield for life.*

*opinion based on pre-nerf barricade shield.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Unfortunately it means you’ve put poison on a perfectly good weapon when the only real utility for it in this game is the Poison Mist spell for cheesing certain overworld bosses.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023

Nuebot posted:

It's a shame diallos doesn't drop his armour, because I kind of want it but also that means doing the volcano manor.

That you need to choose between killing Patches for his armor or letting him live to do his Volcano Manor quest and get Targoth's set for easy heavy poise gloves/legs is cruelty.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Targoth’s set is ugly but the legs and gloves are more or less fine and they get you most of the way up to the reasonable poise breakpoint especially with the bullgoat Talisman.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
I do wish they had more super heavy stuff. Give me a 20 weight pair of gloves with 60 poise that are invisible. Then I can just play with fashion.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
And if he could take off the bits of chest pieces that hang down over the legs. I get that they make sense to have on armor but how am I going to show off my pants like this!!

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
If they had, let’s say. A system where killing bosses gives you across the board better armor stats as you hit new breakpoints, that’d give some point to going through all the bad and boring caves. Kinda like the Sekiro damage system.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
You already die in two hits by the endgame. It can’t get any worse.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Yeah, localization rules and fans who think that their interpretations are better then the official ones are always to be looked at with scrutiny at best. No offense.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
You can get Heal, Flame Cleanse Me, Flame Grant Me Strength, Poison Mist, and Rotten Breath without ever fighting a boss and only needing all of 16 Faith and 12 Arcane and that's your support incant suite nicely filled out.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Kill the big dragon, kill Godrick, die with Varre’s invasion tokens, go to the mausoleum, glitch kill Mohg, then you can sit up at the bird shooting hill all you like until you’re at a comfortable level.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
^^: :yeah: Let me graft! If I can host the Frenzied Flame and drat myself to becoming a dragging wyrm, I should be allowed to have a third arm for easier two handing.

Modal Auxiliary posted:

Is anybody playing Archthrones yet? I put an hour into it last night and it's just insane.

I have it loaded! I'm looking forward to it. Do you like it?

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Yeah, and the ant men in DCSS. It rules.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
It is right to kill Ken Haight and Gostoc.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023

midwifecrisis posted:

But what does nepheli do then? Sit in the roundtable hold forever? That's not much of a life.

Back in my day, she did that anyway after sniffing hawk ash.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Ken Haight drops a golden seed upon killing him so there’s no way he ever sees the light of day again.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
And then you go to Weeping Peninsula and presumably Edgar has been cooped up in his castle for so long he's somehow still faithful to Godrick and has completely misplaced and forgotten about his blind daughter(?).

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023

Listerine posted:

Can you just run past the bats and up the ladder in Fort Faroth? For some reason I expected they would be able to get you before the ladder or while you were climbing and I've just never tried it.

Absolutely. You might get poisoned but it’s so weak that a +0 flask or two can fix it. I always start a run heading there for the Soreseal, medallion, and bleeding out big sleepy. (After getting a gold foot in the west beach by the starting area.)

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
In ER, raise stats to minimum to use your weapons of choice then pump vigor to at least 40 imho.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
The only weapons that can scale with both Int and faith are the clay man’s harpoon (which is an under appreciated weapon), erdsteel dagger, and sword of night and flame, the former two needing infusions. Fun fact! Also very lame. Let me hex properly, from.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Oh, I always suicide when doing Varrequest. I’m usually using the basic samurai armor and weapon which doesn’t fit my build yet! I can’t be seen like this!
The real issue is when you use near and far invasions and spawn in Liurnia. This is a swamp! How am i going to kill myself without a pit to jump in?

Your Uncle Dracula fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Mar 23, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
I like Alexander but. He outlives his usefulness after Radahn at the best and I'm turning him into his talisman. Sorry buddy, I'm not waiting for Farum Azula for 5% more.