Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Thanks for making this thread BP. This game looks absolutely amazing. Simply 100% pure From here. God King devs. Let’s hope as more news leaks or comes out, we all get to find it here first!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Currently rewatching the trailer and removing tarnish with vigorous rubbing.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

It looks gorgeous op and I don’t give a poo poo. The combat looks like it is going to be amazingly crisp and heavy at the same time.

Just watched the trailer a third time. No tarnish to be found anymore but still rubbing

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Can you all just loving imagine the VG stream already? How has no one discussed this. We demand calendar accountability. Sorry VG late January/early February is NOW BOOKED.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Pollyanna posted:

I have little to no familiarity with this game even with it basically only just being announced but I have no idea how the Game of Thrones guy figures into this. He wrote it? It just looks like more Dark Souls, which to be fair is enough to be worth picking up, but still.

Uh there’s a dragon in it

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

I would be mad if From DIDN’T make it crossgen. Everyone alive deserves to have access to their games. Regardless of financial ability/discord or Twitter stalking to get a new one capability. I don’t have a doubt that the game will take full advantage of the New gen hardware while also running on old consoles. If it was Ubisoft or some other dev who would just get lazy I’d be worried, but From ain’t that. They will do it right. Everyone will get access to it. That’s good.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

One thing I notice is, you all remember that big trailer leak a while back? A ton of footage from that isn’t in this trailer. I wonder if anyone has put the two side by side and see if pieces fit together yet?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

You all were posting Sekiro gifs earlier but there is a specific gif passed around that seems like its from DS3 of some (humanoid) boss jumping forward with a sword on fire, just blasting swinging sword fire everywhere in slowmo. Thats the best I can do describing it. I haven't ever been able to figure out which game/boss its from but its absolutely beautiful stuff. Post it if you have it!

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

I don't know how to make it slow motion but if the combat in ER is even half as fluid as in Sekiro its going to be my game of the century.

https://i.imgur.com/yYGbmpT.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/IN45Wpj.mp4

Blind Rasputin fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jun 15, 2021

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

I feel like somebody in this thread just said that my all time most difficult fight in gaming, with Owl Father, was a glorified QTE?? Did that happen or did I whiff my own fart

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

I raided in destiny 2 so much at one point the raids did sort of become a QTE though. Right down to when to pull the trigger with what gun.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

i got you brother, i usually post it when newbies are asking which souls game to play :getin:

https://gfycat.com/skinnykeenbream

Yes!! Thank you. For some odd reason I’ve never been able to find that gif on my own and it rips so hard.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Hesitation is dafeet

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

TheMostFrench posted:

Something else to think about while waiting for this is the alleged production of a Bloodborne HBO series.

https://www.wiredupreport.com/2021/05/07/buzz/confirmed-hbo-and-sony-work-on-a-series-of-bloodborne-the-success-of-from-software/

Word from people I know close to the industry is that they’re already beginning preliminary casting for this. Since his recent portrayal of “dirty Wild West” in the movie News of the World went over so well, the HBO execs are gunning very hard for Tom Hanks to play Father Gasciogne.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Holy moly this gameplay trailer is nuts.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

This gameplay trailer is nuts that it’s not out yet.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

That leaked short clip confirms that graphical settings on console will be set to low/medium with global illumination and 4k textures off, will be high/ultra on PC.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

I think reusing the same animation every time a player character jumps is lazy. Jump animations should be completely random every use.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

The lady melena in black with pink eye, here to sell us a car.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

People get all up in arms when The Division is filled with bullet sponge bosses but you’re all ok with a guy on a horse who tanks like 5 different spells followed by a literal blast of blue plasma beam? Lol ok.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

hatty posted:

Did invites go out?

Friends of mine already got confirmation?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Cross posting a beautiful post from the memes thread:

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

This is Hans Zimmer level

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Considering that this release, from what they’re showing us, practically guaranteed ER never get a Sekiro II I think we as consumers should send a healthy message to From Soft about that by simply not purchasing this game.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

The change to flasks is..simply awesome. I watched Skillup’s video and totally agree with him. Usually the flaks mechanic makes leaving a bonfire feel like an expedition of attrition: go as far as you can before running out of flasks, then go back or maybe get to the next bonfire.

Elden Ring? Killing packs of enemies or a difficult enemy grants flask refills. Literally a keep going, keep fighting, keep exploring mechanic. He says it dramatically increases uptime and in this open world type game, it’s truly made perfect.

loving awesome.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

So the moonlight great sword will only be available to those people who got lucky enough to get in the network test?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

I think the block/parry mechanic, jumping, and fast flowing nature of this combat is going to make me miss sekiro a lot. This is definitely DS4 though, and I’m so excited that they’ve fully embraced magic.

If one thing is crazy clear, From Soft has silenced the critics saying their game needs an “easy difficulty” mode. The game can be made easier (go full ranged magic, use summons and +/- coop) or harder (commit to full melee build) as the player sees fit. Be who you want to be. All ways of being are playing the game the right way. That’s significantly more nuanced and intelligent than an easy difficulty button in a settings menu.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Oh my god. If you want to see an epic boss fight, go watch the last three minutes of Vaatividya’s video. Starting at 28:00. How the hell does From animate bosses and players like that.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Fextralife’s 10:00 video is very good. Mostly spoiler safe, and if you want totally spoiler free they’ve made it so you can pause the beginning list and just read that.

I love, love what he said. There is a lot of stuff copied from Bloodborne, demon souls, all the dark souls, and sekiro. Sometimes whole bosses basically. But it’s not out of laziness or cheapness. It’s not DS4 with copied and reskinned assets. He says instead, this is clearly supposed to be the culmination of From Soft’s life’s work. This is all of everything they’ve ever thought of all together in one place and it’s simply beautiful.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Yeah, nearly every video even those 30 minutes long just barely scratch the surface. They stick to nearly all the bosses seen in trailers, and make a point that the world is so full of hidden dungeons and spoopy castles and places that there’s just no way whatsoever to be spoiled right now. Same with spells and weapons, I’ve seen maybe 10? There’s tons more, especially with the way weapon arts can be custom added to weapons.

Just watch! It’s really the most kickass video game YouTube there is right now.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

This makes me really want to play a pure magic build Demon Souls run on PS5. I’ve never done that, and imagine in early game it makes it very hard but my mid-late game it’s broken? Any tips?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

The HP/posture system in sekiro was so revolutionary to me. I think about it all the time. In basically every other game ever, if you’ve scraped 90% of the HP off of an enemy (big or small, nuanced or frequent recurring) they’re still just as perfectly powerful and capable as they were with 100% HP. They’re still shooting away or swinging away at you like nothing has happened. In Sekiro, as you progressively strip HP off an enemy, they more quickly and easily build up to breaking posture, which is a death sentence. If you think about it, as you remove HP from an enemy in Sekiro, they actually behave like they are injured, like they have incurred weakness. They become less threatening. This is phenomenal. Once you start thinking about this, it will bother you in every other game forever. Why is that hunter in Halo with just a sliver of HP left fundamentally unchanged from when the fight began? I could go on. But regardless, once you become aware of how stupidly simple and one dimensional enemy HP is handled in whatever game you are playing right now, you’ll long for something better.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

What is the run back thing y’all are talking about? I only ran forward in sekiro?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

What game should I play (again) as a magic main to prepare for this. DeS, or DS3.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Have you seen the speed runs of that game? Holy moly.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

It’s a bit of a bummer because magic is OP in DeS, but DeS can be quite boring. The healing mechanics and the levels in general can all be mundane to the extreme sometimes. DS3 beats it hands down in just about every way, except the magic.

I guess Elden Ring fixes this issue.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

There’s a few good memes in the meme thread but if y’all have more, I need more.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Any of you know, I stumbled upon the rya quest and volcano manor and I realize it’s about killing tarnished. Is this a quest thing that locks you into a bad ending or particular ending? Or should I just do the whole quest? You can spoil it for me if need be. Thanks.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Barudak posted:

To answer your question it has nothing to do with the ending and you face no penalty for just... not doing it

Well, I do want to fight all of the Demi-gods. According to Ofnir one is up there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

I’ve been using a +8 uchigatana with keen blood spray on it, rolled as a dex/int spellsword and it is absolutely Sekiro 2.0. Blood spray has a tendency to stun lock even the largest bosses to the point if you want you can just mash it until they’re dead. It’s kind of broken.

I did just get a guardian swordstaff and have leveled it up and started using it instead with spelllance ash of war. Which lets you throw a massive lance across the room at an enemy and it only takes 1-2 to knock them down for a crit. It swings almost as fast as the uchi but is a bit hard just yet to figure out ideal distances and all. It definitely hits like a truck, though. It might be a better weapon.

I’m trying to avoid the swords in this game that are clearly 100% insanely broken, like a sword of ice and fire. It would just ruin the game up to a point to have something so powerful.