Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7068918905724652846

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
How hard is Elden ring on the Sekiroulseborne spectrum?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7069881948155514158

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
OK, everyone having so much fun in this thread convince me to buy the game

I am laughing once again at how many pranks the developer pulls on the player early on in the game.

I already knew that the tree sentinel was too strong for the beginning of the game, so I figured I would cheese him from far away with a bow and arrow and then duck inside the church. Then I realized that the church is not a church, it’s a demolished building with only a façade standing up and the tree Sentinel came around and beat my rear end

Also the early cave where are you see a couple of wolves. You have to fall down a ledge to get to them and after you kill them you realize there’s several more wolves in the distance and you can’t get back where you came from because the ledge doesn’t have a stairway back

Also laughing that this game has suddenly turned into metal gear solid

Dung Eater

Everything about this game is hilarious

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Verisimilidude posted:

Sorcery really is OP in this game. Never used it in previous souls games but I’m enjoying it, it’s definitely easy mode.

Just hit level 60! Getting runes is easy in the Caelid region, just farming those baby drsgons for 7000 a pop.

Can anyone back this up? I’m 3 hours into a samurai but I’ll start over with sorcery if it’s really that much easier than previous games

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
I can’t believe I’m hiding in bushes and memorizing guard patrol routes in this game. Gimme a tranquilizer gun and a bandana

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Beginning game shenanigans:

Thank you Fromsoft for setting a teleport-trap to send me far away to a land where maggot head priests kill me in two shots with homing lasers

Got to a site of grace but it wouldn’t let me go home so I started looking for another one

“Why am I dying” I yelled as I tried to cross the Swamp of Aegonia to get away

Came across Wizard Town. A scribble on the ground said “item ahead” but when I stepped forwards I saw the Ghost of the Burger King fade into view and I nope out

Luckily I was able to keep all my runes and escaped but I had some close calls

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Between giant bear, the crabs, the lake dragon, extra guys waiting around the corner when you sneak up on a guy you think is alone, goblins out of nowhere, the ballista… it seems like any encounter has a greater than 50% chance of including a prank

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Yates posted:

For a bad old player like me those Ash guys are a god send. I usually try all the bosses a few times alone, sometimes I even win, but mostly I call in my soldiers and let them tank while I beat on the boss's rear end. Good times.

the archers who can follow me all over the map and know exactly where I am at all times and hit me from seemingly impossible distances can get hosed though

Run in zig zags

That’s what I learned from the rooftop shooter chapter of How To Survive Anything

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7070309945341725995

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7070157034456501550

Dozens more: https://vm.tiktok.com/TTPdARBKJ8/

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Mar 2, 2022

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
As cool as he tried to convince people he was, Vegetable Samurai would never be as popular with the kids as Fruit Ninja

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Guillermus posted:

Mind spoiling a map spot?

Anyone has a decent rune farming spot to level up a bunch?

Google Beastial Sanctum and how to get there

10,000-20,000 runes per field trip outside of the sanctum

Practice backstabbing because if you gently caress up once there’s a good chance you’ll die in 5 seconds

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Kin posted:

I'm phone posting at the minute so don't have the video handy but the boulder trap exploit is a bit faster than that. You get 1950 runes every time it triggers and you can warp and respawn the trigger in about 30 seconds.

I found that with those little dudes it was taking me about a minute to do the sneak, backstab, heavy attack to get a kill then another 30 seconds or so to find the next one.

Ok I just tried this and it’s way better

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
When I press touchpad to open map, pressing touchpad again should CLOSE the map

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Okay there’s only one boring thing so far in this game and it’s wetland areas in the northwest. They’re super big, super empty and pretty repetitive.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

shacked up with Brenda posted:

What up I just bought elden ring and played it for 45 minutes and got 'teleport trapped' to some crystal mine where I get one hit killed good job game.

more like smellden ring amirite

OK I got you

You’re gonna wanna Solid Snake sneak your way out of the shack you start in, turn right and sneak down the corkscrew stairs and then when you hit the bottom turn left and make a break for it. Run out into the Field outdoors, then go downhill to the left along the coast and you should find a checkpoint

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Another procedurally generated masterpiece by No Man’s Sky

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Bardeh posted:

Had a good night's sleep and then killed Radahn first try in the morning.

Post Night Clarity

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

This game is just non stop bullying and abuse

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
loving velociraptor dogs

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
gently caress these pike soldiers

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Is there anything keeping me from becoming a do-everything character that masters melee miracles and magic? Other than time?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
I am extremely enamored with how good the melee combat on horseback is in this game. Wind up on swings forces you to plan your attacks which forces you to engage but also gives you a big advantage in hit and run. I’d even say it feels better than BOTW’s horse fighting.

MGSV still wins for ranged combat on horses. It feels awesome to be able to fight tanks with a sniper rifle on horseback without lock-on or aim assist. You could even be a viable horseback grenadier if you practice and learn throwing distances

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
gently caress black knife catacombs

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
I love that when the skeletons form from out of the ground, they instinctively tap their head to make sure their nonexistent helmet is on correctly

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Shear Modulus posted:

I thought they were making sure their head was on tight

Probably but it’s still funny that way

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7071414036809682222

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
I just found out I can punch and kick guys above and below me on ladders, was that ever a thing before? It’s loving hilarious, a guard is kicking my head and I’m punching his legs

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

SHISHKABOB posted:

Is a "critical" any time you go into the invulnerable animation? Backstabs, ripostes, staggers?

Any time you hear that DOONG sound

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Big dragon seems to have been nerfed down to 50K runes

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
I can’t believe I didn’t mess with the ashes mechanic until I got to level 70. Needlessly made the game more difficult for myself

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
https://www.techradar.com/news/less-than-half-of-elden-ring-players-have-actually-beaten-the-first-major-boss-on-pc

63% of players have beaten Magrit and 50% have beaten godrick

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Most of the game is so beautiful so it’s kind of a shock when you get to the parts where they ran out of time and decided to ship, like the inside of Tower of Caelid looks like a PS3 rear end game

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Okay I just got here. What the gently caress.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
EFB

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
So many multiplayer mooks running around with the feather helmet and giant double curved swords and purple magic poo poo

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Yay beating a crucible knight is the most accomplished I’ve felt in this game so far. I can chalk beating Magrit and Goodrick up to some luck but the Stormhill CK was all methodical learning of his patterns, trying a strategy out, it not working and then figuring out a new strategy that let me take the last quarter of his health when I only had a sliver left. It even ended with us both swinging at each other at the end. Ideal experience

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
I literally laughed out loud to find out that the two fingers were two literal fingers and not a code name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
I was doing the giant boulder rune farming trick to top off my runes for the next level and for some reason it randomly gave me 9700 runes instead of the usual 1900. Anyone experience this?