Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Give me access!! I LIVE FOR YOU FROMSOFT!!!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Anyone complaining about reused assets isn't a true fan.

I hope they keep using the same "open heavy door" animation till the day I die.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

My only issue with W3 was the poo poo combat (IMO!!!) so if it's that with Souls combat I am 110% in.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The map master has entered the dome.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Game of the decade.

E: Of course Cowboy got in - his walkthroughs have been godsends for going through after beating to see what you missed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPLnfziQEbU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

hearing reports that they finally made a good dark souls game?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yeah, the PC will better even with a 1050. I have a 1070 and run DS3 maxed out at 3440 ultrawide (with INI hack).

PS4 non-pro is too limiting.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I forget if it was DS1 or DS3 - I think 3 - but you also got Estus for killing a red invader.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

vandalism posted:

How mouse and keyboard friendly is this? I could never play ds3 with mouse and keyboard but I coulda kinda play sekiro with mouse and keyboard

Buy a XBox controller for your PC. You're setting yourself back.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Start with Royalty class which comes with a magic regen ring and watch enemies melt. It's insanely broken in DeS. :lol:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I hope everyone in DaS2 got fired.

Jk

Game still stank tho.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

DS2 just feels jank. Maybe tainted by plowing through DS1 remastered and DS3 which are more modern. DS2 just looks ands sounds so bad. Not even talking about the music which is fine. Majula theme though isn't as soothing as Firelink which reminded me of Diablo 2's Tristram.

Once you get used to the jank it's fine though - Scholar does make the game a little simpler too.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

GodFish posted:

I really wonder how people play these games when stuff like the clowncar door can be easily handled by: using the explosives right next to the door or backing up to the narrow hallway about one inch away from the door you just came in by to force them into single file where they can be take out with little to no trouble if you've been remotely keeping up on upgrading your weapon (there is even a blacksmith thirty feet away from this room). Do people just insist on standing in one place and fight everything at once?

The game, IMO, wasn't designed around you fighting 5-6 enemies at once. You can bait the ones down the stairs and you'll get 3 running at you most times. The room to the left there's 5 that will come rushing out and hopefully you can run out to the ledge to get them one at a time but it's still overwhelming and the majority will just rush in trying it out a couple times. Plus their greatswords have some pretty crazy reach.

There is no other encounters like that in the game too. The ninja knights in Iron Keep aren't all that bad and more spaced out - plus by that point you should be okay with 2-3 shotting them.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Pulcinella posted:

I posted this in the BB thread as well, but I found a cool visual connection between Otogi 2 and BB.

I don't see it. I see Seath the Scaleless tho.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Oh! It's been a while since i've gotten far in BB (just restarted it on PS5 last night).

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I am gonna take a week off work after release.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Demons Souls is utterly perfect. In every single way.

To me.

It is literally the best video game ever made.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Can't wait for 3/4's of my HP to go down with bleeds getting rat hosed by assassins.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Sometimes all it takes is a very nice voice going over things to make lots. He credits a lot of people now so maybe back in the day when he first started but I guess he never updated those videos.

He's a huge part of the popularity of the Souls series.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

giZm posted:

Sounded like "gently caress you" at first.

Jesus I woke my wife up laughing so hard at this!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I’ve tried 4 separate times to get into Sekiro and it just isn’t for me. The latest last month. The combat just doesn’t click for me with the bigger enemies. I feel stressed and not like I’m having any fun compared to the Souls series and Bloodborne.

More power to those who like it and I’m glad Elden Ring isn’t really like it.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

giZm posted:

that's all of us

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mHGxxWJY28

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Does Amazon ship preorder games before the release date? Or do they wait for it to officially drop?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

codo27 posted:

You're not buying physical copies of games in 2022after 2015 are you?

I’m getting the CE baby. 🥳

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I may be so brain dead to buy this twice just so I can play day 1 while the CE comes in

Lmao

gently caress

Wish we could get a code!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It’s worse CAUSE of the pandemic since there’s nothing to loving do.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Demon's Souls is god tier. Like, it doesn't mean DS1 or any others are bad - but like, it's just perfection.

Here's a great vid on DS2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td1HJEB3aKQ

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

You get used to it - the main thing is how loving beautiful and smooth the game is.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

In person I love the design - it's a beast but still - it's loving cool and it stands out. Can't wait to see what devs can do with this in the future.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

A big bitch:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

drat this is gonna be so great!!

https://twitter.com/SkeleMann/status/1480139016712380419

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh_G4ARUSDw

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

any other preference for a game in the series i'd take seriously, but the guy praising the DeS remake is obviously trolling, that poo poo is like "lol what's art design"

*walks up to the counter at gamestop*

"hello yes i would like to purchase diablo's souls please"

🤫🤫

Aside from the UI the updates are awesome. The armors and weapons look great. Bosses are incredible. They actually listened to people and made Flame Lurker more like his original. Game is loving gorgeous esp on a 4K HDR screen.

So if you haven’t played it cause you think it’s ugly then RIP you.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Mailer posted:

I'd imagine people who've put many hundreds of hours into Sekiro load up "10 hours metal banging together ASMR" to go to sleep.

lmao love this ❤️🤣

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The only bad place is your minds!!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Dark Souls dancing videos are art

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d13fCKP6hB4

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

DO YOU HAVE 1 loving HOUR TO SPARE?

course not but still...

Watching this in chunks - its awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EQ236-_Y7I

Also has some cool insights into things and not just comparisons.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

You proceed at a snails pace in there but it's not too bad. Blighttown 2.0 and the poison area after I feel are infinitely worse esp if you're early in the game. Just lovely areas to go through.

I hit a wall on my hex guy as I cannot beat the Fume Knight - my dark spear is to loving slow and casting on him is not safe. PLUS I missed 2 things to take out the fire girls on the outside so I have to move him to one side. Gonna go back to my tried and true big smasher but thats really far back so taking it slow.

Also also - they will improve the PS5 performance - they have to.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

This goes into things if you want some good background.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td1HJEB3aKQ

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqRhEvTdQgg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I'd like to play pubg again but I know it's probably filled with superstars who can snipe me across the map. That game was fun when it first came out - my friend turned me onto it and the thrill/anxiety you'd get as you scurried like rats for a gun was incredible. Nothing really felt like it at the time. I only came close to winning a couple times but drat was it great.