Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
I want a balder side sword reskin. And I want my horse to look like Capra demon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
I remember the first month or so in bloodbourne when the screen was black after you died and reload times were like 30 seconds or more. The game was awesome and it was great to see it evolve and that's how I'm looking onward to Friday

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

g-c posted:

pretty wild how we were dreaming about playing this game 24 hours ago

but i still have 45 minutes, this sucks

33 minutes.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Here we go!

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
So, the Beastman fight in an early cave. I'm not crazy, that's the orphan of kos move set. Right?

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Orphan of Kos is now potentially the first boss you encounter lol hes parry good to an extent that Orphan wasn’t

It's way less aggressive but I swear it's nearly identical.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
https://twitter.com/CanYouPetTheDog/status/1498749919133200385?t=IVaqjrnumk7C8_6M2VkWsw&s=19

Not GOTY

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
You can parry Margit. That rules. Which dark souls boss is Margit? It feels a little like pontiff

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
I want to respec to a dex dragon breath
(Faith) and I've spoiled that I need to beat a major boss to do that. I kinda know where to go to beat that boss. My question is whether there are any side areas I should go to before I take on her area. I've already done the manor in the far north west.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
https://twitter.com/SylvanEsso/status/1571603672806854659?t=ILm1-TPCrjCjsMX99O1uxA&s=19

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Cowcaster posted:

say hi to maliketh for me

That rear end in a top hat took me a bunch more tries than it should have. I don't know why. Phase 1 is super easy but I couldn't find good windows for phase 2

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Dalaram posted:

Mohg question:

I sequence broke a bit, and Killed Mohg the Blood God before Mohg the omen in the shunning grounds. Is it the same guy? Is there a reconciliation for killing him twice?

Should I basically consider Dungeons to be tangential to the main story canon?

Also, gently caress whomever decided to name all the characters alike.

Mohg, Margitt, Morghott, Moghwyn…

Godrick, Godwyn, Godfrey, Gideon, Godefroy

Rennala, Radagon, Rychart, Ranni, Redahn, Renna…

For a game that could run dozens of hours, and with fairly patchwork lore, they sure as hell make it hard to remember who’s who, and how they matter.

https://twitter.com/totallymorgan/status/1579329937471078404?t=l4ilbae9Jn8xHJkMAdpHag&s=19

George is not a great writer. He builds great worlds and mythology but he needs an editor.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

SLOSifl posted:

His father was George R Martin and his son is George RRR Martin. It’s tradition and it’s how everyone does it.

I loved his sons bollywood movie

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

skasion posted:

Cuchulainn’s warp spasms are significantly more horrifying than Godfrey>Hoarah.

It’d fit right in to Bloodborne, honestly.

Irish myths are pretty wild, like the one where all the women of Ulster decide to blind and scalp the foreign lady because she can piss harder than the rest of them.

That's the midsommar village, huh? With the godskin dude.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

queeb posted:

ok starting an int caster headed towards dmgs, whats a decent weapon for the odd time im meleeing? I'll grab meteor staff and rock sling and all that stuff, maybe carian knight sword, or claymans harpoon to carry my melee until moonveil, and then respec for dmgs?

I did the sword of night and flame which has a steep 24 faith requirement but it's also a lot of fun. It shoots a focused laser and has a sweeping flame attack. I used it up to getting the wings of astel and shortly after switched to wand only.

Basically night and flame up to the big snowy area. Then I respec'd to move the faith to straight int or vigor,

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
So which early level design is the best troll? Ds1 with the catacombs or the tree sentinel/dragon teleporter/Margit?

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

GlyphGryph posted:

Take the key as your starting item and getting dumped right into a poison-chariot dungeon as your reward.

That's a good one too. Going down tends to lead to despair in a lot of the souls games.

Bloodbourne has a lot of good looping but is pretty linear. Ds2 I suppose has heide's keep. Ds3 I can't remember any super crazy areas that you can do out of sequence aside from early dancer.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Hawkperson posted:

I bought this game two days ago having never played a From game before, installed it, figured out how to read messages, jumped off a cliff and died 3 times before understanding that bloodstains show how someone died and maybe I shouldn’t copy them, died to the boss that sends you to the place with the tutorial cave and died in the tutorial twice. From what I understand this is the authentic game experience lol

I read the OP but as a complete noob is there somewhere else I should be reading up on how not to suck or is it better to continue faceplanting through the game? I’m an astrologer was that a dumb class to start off with?

Die a bunch until a cutscene happens and then level vigor up to I dunno, 15 or so. Hp is your best survivability metric.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Ariong posted:

Got summoned into someone’s world to fight Radahn. Radahn froze in place for a while, then jumped up in the air for the comet attack. However, he won’t come back down. We’ve been waiting like five minutes. Any ideas?

Ask if they want to do some mutual massage. Maybe you'll get to phase 2

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Phenotype posted:

The other bit that I read was that Bloodborne is kind of a mess of spaghetti code (wasn't it made in the very early PS4 days?) so they can't just ship it all over to Bluepoint to do the update, they'd have to send a team with them to show Bluepoint how it works, and, well, Elden Ring sold 20 million copies, so they're focused on that at the moment.

I dont know poo poo about software but at launch when you died it would go to a black screen for something like 30 seconds or more. It was really bad and I have a good tolerance for that kind of thing. I think you're probably right.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Snazzy Frocks posted:

is there any reason why dying to the virgin abductor at the bottom of the giant revolving elevator thing sends you to near volcano manor?

Because Patches is your friend

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

War Wizard posted:

I choose to believe it's an "up dog" reference.

More likely it's something something howls on the wind something something wolves from the fog.

Up dog? What's up dog?

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

fuckpot posted:

New patch just dropped. 16MB update in Steam. Version is now 1.09.1

Can't seem to find a changelog yet.

Improved radahn greatbow and meteor accuracy.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Gologle posted:

I think the fact that Bernahl invades you in Farum Azula shows that he also had what it takes to be The Guy, but you were just better.

Very true. Bernal got so used to camping n00bs that he forgot to finish the main quest.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

khwarezm posted:

They're just trying to completely to ruin our muscle memory so that in Elden Ring 2 they can really gently caress us up by having enemies that attack totally normally with an easily readable pattern.

From is great for this reason. They love to teach you something just to pull the rug.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

verbal enema posted:

Strategically turning on ray tracing for the slowdown to read a move better

Same but playing it at 2x speed to get guder

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Rand Brittain posted:

Accepting the Frenzied Flame under the capital locks you into the Frenzied Flame ending unless you do a long quest that involves beating Malenia to get out of it.

Finishing the game without doing that gets you the normal ending; finishing the game without doing that and also doing Fia's quest or Corhyn's quest lets you choose a variant ending.

Doing Ranni's questline lets you choose her ending, which is somewhat more detailed than the other two (while still being extremely vague and mysterious about what actually happens).

Whether any of these is the "good" ending is a question that many people have argued about (the Ranni ending is the good ending and those who disagree are maidenless).

Frenzied flame ending is awesome. Ranni's is what I kinda expected. Next up is the poo poo ending.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Name one thing outside Torrent that deserves saving in this wretched land. It should burn and hopefully something redeemable would rise from the ashes. If not, nothing of value was lost.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Too emo

Will gladly teach you the most evil of spells and incantations, definitely not good, at best true neutral.

repugnant posted:

Boc the seamster?

Someone disliked him so much they turned him into a tree and then he nearly got dismembered by his family, no way.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

the roly poly lightning sheep

I see you've never been hit into a chasm by these assholes.

FreudianSlippers posted:

The little rabbit things that run around in some places.

Also the lizard girl in the Volcano Manor.

Rabbits are collateral damage here

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

End of questline spoiler

Oh, it's you... I'm afraid... there is something I must tell you.
I was an unwanted child. Born not of grace, but of a hideous ritual.
Something that can never be accepted, not by men, nor serpents. Even Lady Tanith shouldn't accept me.
I know that you have done so much for me. But I wish to ask one last kindness. Kill me, please.
I thought that I feared nothing. But this... Free me from this accursed frame.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
I'm just saying it's not the wrong ending, or even the worst ending.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

SHISHKABOB posted:

That's not emo that's like, a response to your life being pure blasphemy. Anyways she gets better and goes off to adventure.

Sounds like she'd be in a Joyce Manor song to me, or American Football. Those words under some math rock guitar sounds like emo to me. 2nd wave, not 1st.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
She did ask me to kill her.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Omnomnomnivore posted:

DLC should have Snake Waifu Ending, Miyazaki you coward.

Sexxxy Mytha challenge

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Disco Pope posted:

Those bands are good? Keep digging, you'll hit the Lake of Rot in an hour or two.

There have been no good emo records over 45 minutes long. I will never hit rot.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

side_burned posted:

I really started notice this trend the first time I played through Dark Souls 3 and went through Ashes of Arendelle, every single Millwood knight can kiss my pucker. Actually in general gently caress Ashes of Arendelle.

I like about 1/3 of those bosses.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Big Bizness posted:

After scoping out the wiki I think I'm going to rock the Zweihander with either flame or sacred infusion. Available nice and early, low dex requirement, and nice and smashy. Probably sacred to fit the big tanky paladin vibe.

I was going to joke answer the Zwei, only because it doesn't have holy. I'm doing a 2 handed zwei run right now, it's kinda fun since you poise break almost everything in 2 hits if they aren't killed outright. I'm halfway through the liurnia area now and I'm having fun. I'll branch out to faith later .

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Dyz posted:

Mountaintops is just a big rush through for me:

Hoslow -> Sol -> fire castle -> fire giant.

I pick up whatever side stuff I want on the way and ifnore the caves/catacombs.

Mushroom kit is a must get for me.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Fromsoft DLC has always delivered interesting new weapons and boss battles. Sometimes the levels are the best, sometimes they're dark souls 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Ben Nerevarine posted:

Maybe the wrong place to ask, but is there any reason to play through all of DS2 plus DLCs if I want to get the most out of DS3 plus DLCs? I beat DS3 when it came out but completely bounced off of DS2–I’d rather not have to play DS2 again if I don’t have to but I really want to experience Ringed City, etc. one of these days

Ds2 dlc, specifically the iron keep has two of the best bosses in dark souls in my opinion. The level design is also great at points except the run back to one boss.