Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

The Euros are here and it’s your time to shine through glorious posting and tepid burns.

Fixtures: https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro-2020/fixtures-results/
You can even add the matches to your calendar for your favorite team!

There is also an app, if you’re so inclined:
Apple Store
Google Play

Teams:
https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro-2020/teams/

Fantasy Football:
https://gaming.uefa.com/en/uefaeuro2020
League: Click here to join
Code:

Today’s (Friday, June 11th) kickoff will be a totalitarian regime where dissent is punished and ethnic minorities are subjected to horrific abuse vs Turkey.

Literally Lewis Hamilton fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jun 11, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Thank you for this OP. We all love the permanent MDT

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

I've stickied the thread for the duration of the tournament

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Isn't it unfair that some teams play matches in their home country and others don't

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

poty posted:

Isn't it unfair that some teams play matches in their home country and others don't

yes

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

All matches should be played in North Macedonia.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

instead of hosting in 12 big cities around Europe, benefiting the big teams, they should have hosted in the 12 lowest-ranked nations within UEFA

teams shuttling around between San Marino, Gibraltar, Malta, Liechtenstein, Moldova, Latvia, Andorra, Lithuania, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Azerbaijan, and Faroe Islands

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

vyelkin posted:

instead of hosting in 12 big cities around Europe, benefiting the big teams, they should have hosted in the 12 lowest-ranked nations within UEFA

teams shuttling around between San Marino, Gibraltar, Malta, Liechtenstein, Moldova, Latvia, Andorra, Lithuania, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Azerbaijan, and Faroe Islands

The tax evasion possibilities are endless.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

vyelkin posted:

Serbia isn’t one of the 12th lowest ranking nations

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

poty posted:

Italy are classed as the away team tonight which makes it fair.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

:discourse:

Carrier
May 12, 2009

looking forward to posting itt when it (football) comes home (to england)

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Short camping weekend for the family and will be out of town/quality cell coverage from Austria-N Macedonia to second half of Hungary-Portugal. Hoping that sudden thunderstorms force us home tbh

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Omnikin posted:

Short camping weekend for the family and will be out of town/quality cell coverage from Austria-N Macedonia to second half of Hungary-Portugal. Hoping that sudden thunderstorms force us home tbh

Spend time with your family instead of watching 3 teams of shithousers and sexy Ron

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

I've eaten some pasta for lunch and going to get a lamb shish tonight to watch the football and my body is ready for the foot

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Both sides will be desparate not to lose the opener and Italy are going to grind out an appalling 1-0 win with at least 30 fouls committed. Let's go euros baby, love da euros

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Gigi Galli posted:

This is UEFA, they’ll play it all in Azerbaijan

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

the euros were better before they started allowing all these shithousers in the tournament and giving out prizes to third place group finishers, just imho

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

the sex ghost posted:

Both sides will be desparate not to lose the opener and Italy are going to grind out an appalling 1-0 win with at least 30 fouls committed. Let's go euros baby, love da euros

If the U21 team is anythign to go by we'll finish the game with 9 players on the pitch

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Mancini really out here starting Bonucci and Chiellini like it's 2014 for fucks sake.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

QUEER FRASIER posted:

the euros were better before they started allowing all these shithousers in the tournament and giving out prizes to third place group finishers, just imho

at this rate the euros will eventually include every country in the world

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Kinda want to know both the EUFA and also the real story about why Azerbaijan got to be one of the host nations, I'm sure it has nothing to do with money and corruption for a team that didn't even qualify.

Should've had the Scottish and Welsh stadiums be the regular group etc homes then used Wembley for the Final

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Wow, do you not feel welcomed by Baku????

Here are the lineups for today's match:

quote:

Italy: G Donnarumma; Florenzi, Bonucci, Chiellini, Spinazzola; Barella, Jorginho, Locatelli; Berardi, Immobile, Insigne

Turkey: U Cakir; Celik, Soyuncu, Demiral, Meras; Yokuslu, Tufan; Karaman, Calhanoglu, Yazici; Yilmaz

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I’m pretty shocked that Sukin isn’t starting, he’s always up for it

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Have bonucci and insigne in my f*****y t**m so I am ready to be totally owned

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

I’m pretty shocked that Sukin isn’t starting, he’s always up for it

Shocking omission of Sukin and Fukin, the Yerdadsdik brothers

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

vyelkin posted:

tbf I think that was kind of the original idea, to joint-host it in all of the fail countries that have exactly one nice stadium and then the final in London so you can charge £150 for a ticket

then a plague happened and so we have england and baku, with a shuttlebus running in between them

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Im here at Olive Garden ready to watch the match, place is packed with Italy fans. Just crushed some Tuscan Chicken Wraps straight from the old country just like nonna used to make

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

vyelkin posted:

at this rate the euros will eventually include every country in the world

How come they never tried 12, the objectively optimal number

Love football me, can't wait to enjoy a game with at LEAST 3 (three) chances and probably not too many dozen fouls tonight

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Is there an awful opening ceremony featuring Pitbull and David Guetta for us?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

peanut- posted:

Is there an awful opening ceremony featuring Pitbull and David Guetta for us?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q5ZgEtgxxg0&t=45s

Literally Lewis Hamilton fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jun 11, 2021

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
gently caress reality is even worse than I guessed

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

to be fair, in 1988 there were only 32 teams in europe to start with

then some bullshit happened

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Noone asked, noone cares predictions

Calling Turkey 2-1 today. We'll get to tomorrow's games when they come. Happy Euros day y'all

e - also fondly remembering the Dubstep Chopin intro we got out of Poland 2012: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2UEOzfMW4c, about 6:40~ onwards

Omnikin fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jun 11, 2021

Lemon
May 22, 2003

lads its almost the euros

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Lemon posted:

lads its almost the euros

https://youtu.be/cXxqmAxDlYU

Lemon
May 22, 2003

why did the bbc get a courtroom artist to do the player pictures

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

i mean if normally there was a turkey/italy friendly on eurosport tbh i'd check out what was on eurosport 2

but i'm still going to get hyped and stay hyped and play the football soccer song

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Wait, hold on.. This is the UEFA Euro, right? Then what in god's name are Italy doing in it?