Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward

Omnikin posted:

Belgium-Portugal
Italy-Austria
France-Switzerland
Croatia-Spain

and the other side is

Sweden-Ukraine
England-Germany
Netherlands-Czech Republic
Wales-Denmark

bit lucky to get on the bottom bit there

Belgium - Italy
France - Croatia
Ukraine - England
Netherlands - Denmark

Italy - France
Denmark - England

Italy - Denmark

Italy will win just so everyone in Austria can go "well actually losing to the best isn't that bad and also we had more points than France in the group stage" until we finally eat poo poo in the WC qualifiers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Omnikin posted:

Belgium-Portugal
Italy-Austria
France-Switzerland
Croatia-Spain

and the other side is

Sweden-Ukraine
England-Germany
Netherlands-Czech Republic
Wales-Denmark

Bel-Ita
Fra-??
Swe-Ger
Ned-Den

Italy - France
Germany - Netherlands

Italy - Netherlands

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

QFs will give us France Croatia and Croatia will take their revenge

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

No football for two days what the gently caress?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

This is BULLSHIT

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

sebzilla posted:

No football for two days what the gently caress?

Looks like I have to go give the local homeless bums a ball and have them play for me, instead of the usual fistfight for a box of red.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Splorange posted:

Looks like I have to go give the local homeless bums a ball and have them play for me, instead of the usual fistfight for a box of red.
If only the woman across the street trying in vain to chase her dog back into the house happened today instead of yesterday then I'd had some entertainment today.

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009
Also Tour de France only starts saturday and F1 only has some stupid "free practice", qualification and race are in the weekend.

Who scheduled this? It's bad.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Anyone want to cyber since we can’t watch footy?

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Feels like sky sports in the summer itt when they can't show the Olympics or footy tournaments. Anyone want to get really into speedway or pro kabaddi or whatever they put on to fill the schedules

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

the sex ghost posted:

Feels like sky sports in the summer itt when they can't show the Olympics or footy tournaments. Anyone want to get really into speedway or pro kabaddi or whatever they put on to fill the schedules

I'll be hooting and hollering at my local Kronum stadium this evening let me tell you

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Anyone want to cyber since we can’t watch footy?

I put on my robe and wizard hat

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Well, there is the Stanley Cup playoffs tonight. :unsmith:

The Montreal Canadiens, the lowest seed, are 1 game away from the finals against the really strong Las Vegas Golden Knights. Should be an exciting game.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Spicy, I like it

the sex ghost posted:

I've really appreciated the little bits of kabaddi that I've been able to watch, ESPN showed the World Cup in 2017? or something and it's a fun game to watch

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

haven’t watched any germany matches yet, are they going to do another 4-1 on england like 2010

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

jesus WEP posted:

haven’t watched any germany matches yet, are they going to do another 4-1 on england like 2010

No we're going to do a 5-1 on them like 2001 because, and I cannot stress this enough, it's coming home.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

sebzilla posted:

No we're going to do a 5-1 on them like 2001 because, and I cannot stress this enough, it's coming home.

bring back emile heskey

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
oh god there's no football on, im reminded of how incredibly empty my life actually is. Time to find a poker room

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
We only suddenly stopped having football after Ninpo became a kid. Admins?!??!

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Leaving early early Sunday to head down to the beach for a week and gonna chill in the sunshine all week listening the ro16/QF games. Can't wait

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

blue footed boobie posted:

:crossarms:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

the sex ghost posted:

I googled kabaddi to learn what it was and autocomplete informed me there is an anime for it

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Jose posted:

I googled kabaddi to learn what it was and autocomplete informed me there is an anime for it

That's your evening sorted then

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Bape Culture posted:

This is BULLSHIT

There's NBA conference finals OP and it's good quality B-ball if you're a baller.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

blue footed boobie posted:

What is it with mods and kids??

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

What is it with mods and kids??

Just another thing to investigate.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Kabaddi is very good although I've only watched it drunk when it was on late on channel 4

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Mods this is now the kabaddi subforum, rename me the kabaddi ghost and open the kabaddi kits thread

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Kabaddi Kronum

Thoughts?

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

i bet a bunch of cool kabbadi things happened in the mid-to-late 90s that i could remember

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Wtf is kabaddi

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

It’s that thing Madonna was into.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

shut up blegum posted:

Wtf is kabaddi

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabaddi

Seems like full contact tag?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I always love learning about pro sports that I had no idea existed but have their own arenas and hardcore fans and everything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW6z5TyU8QA

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
drat, some sick panga's of the week in there

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

it's a funny old game

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Since there’s no football til SATURDAY this is now the Kabaddi thread.

I will unstick this thread later as I think we should have individual matchday threads for the knockouts.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
lol imagine picking a kabaddi highlights reel and not going for the JAIPUR PINK PANTHERS

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

wikipedia posted:

Although unverified, theories from various sources state that kabaddi originated from the Vedic period of ancient India.[5] The game was said to have been popular among the Yadava people; an abhang by Tukaram stated that the god Krishna played the game in his youth, while the Mahabharata contains an account of Arjuna being able to sneak into hostile areas also take out enemies unscathed—a passage said to parallel the gameplay of kabaddi. There are also accounts of Gautama Buddha having played the game recreationaly.[6][7][8]

can confirm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

You have to do the tagging run on a single breath which you prove by going kabaddikabaddikabaddi as you go