Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009
Famous dutch defense on display here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

Nottherealaborn posted:

Lol I guess nobody wants to defend

The dutch team has some uncharacteristically strong defenders but both Van Dijk and De Ligt are injured right now so they are back to just not defending at all.

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

rear end cobra posted:

Frenkie and Marten

Frenkie is a misspelling of Frankie but Marten is a bogstandard rear end dutch name

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

Smirr posted:

Good game! Shame that the villains won, but good game

The villains always win the first one OP

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009
Switzerland seems completely unable to cope with opposing players coming from behind to take the ball from them. They're just chilling and then oops, ball's gone.

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009
The dutch might take the group, that is far from impossible. They will almost 100% go through somehow because they have a win and there's a dumb best 4 number 3s go through system. I have very little faith in the dutch team beyond the first knockout round though.

The dutch team is not very strong right now and they have a legendary ability to bin it at any time even at times when they are, but acting like winning group C is 100% out of reach for them at this point is just silly.

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009
Dutch (Ajax) player Daley Blind plays with one.

E: fb

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

shirts and skins posted:

They'll meet in the final and the match will be suspended after the tenth red card.

I believe the record for (yellow) cars is still this match: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Nuremberg_(2006_FIFA_World_Cup).

Part of it was a failure on part of the referee who went along with way too much delays and pretend injuries from Portugal later in the match as Portugal was killing the match to cinch their 1-0, but also failing to give direct reds to Van Bommel and Boulahrouz who both committed absolute murder attempts in the first 10 minutes of the game, which probably helped piss Portugal off enough to make them follow that strategy in the first place.

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

Sombrerotron posted:

Why would you give that ball to Depay !!

Because it gave him an almost impossible to miss chance to score OP

A better question is how tf did Memphis miss that. A mannequin could've made that one

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

Akbar posted:

don't these freaks prefer mayonnaise?

Freedumfries are with mayo, yeah

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

Paperhouse posted:

it's... not coming home?

Does it ever?

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

Lex Neville posted:

I heard it's home games pretty much all the way, is that true?

It'd be so good if England made it to the final so that the trophy's technically home and all they need to do is keep it there but then they gently caress it up and it ends up leaving home

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9699017/UEFA-warns-Euros-final-AWAY-Wembley-HUNGARY.html

It's not coming home OP

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009
I just turned this on after the F1 quali, is France bad now?

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

belgend posted:

today is gonna be well important for the 3rd place logistics, i've updated the chart accordingly

thirty forty fifty sixty years of hurt

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009
I just love to live in a world where a statement like "gays are people" is considered too political

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009
Actually I'm now remembering the No to Racism campaign and I'm even more pissed off, they're perfectly fine with pretending to be all for equality if it makes them look good but they immediately drop it the second it becomes inconvenient for them, the fuckers.

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009
That goalie is pretty good

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009
Spanish lol

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

Griefor posted:

That goalie is pretty good

:wrong:

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

Omnikin posted:

and the other side is

Sweden-Ukraine
England-Germany

Netherlands-Czech Republic
Wales-Denmark

Those would both be middling group phase groups

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009
Also Tour de France only starts saturday and F1 only has some stupid "free practice", qualification and race are in the weekend.

Who scheduled this? It's bad.