Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity

Nenonen posted:

I had fun watching it, I really wish I was as high and noble as you though so I could feel bad about overpaid adult men kicking a ball around the pitch.

To stop lurking for a moment, do you think that something rather different from usual happened during that match, that might make it very tasteless and lovely to talk of Denmark being "humiliated at home" - at the very least - like you are some kind of lauta member.

Overpaid adult men kicking around, indeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity

TheRat posted:

This game looks like the first proper game of the tournament. Some real pace and aggression

I thought ned-ukr was a good game, but I only watch big internationals so I might not know anything.

and aut-north thessalonica was partially good

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity

Tortilla Maker posted:

Surprised Hungary allowed a... Frenchman onto their national team. (Cause they're Xenophobic and all)

Slightly similarly how people allow people born to eg. Trinidadian or Nigerian parents be part of english national team, but still boo the kneeling and do the racism now and then towards people with more pigment.

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity

Hedgehog Pie posted:

if portugal fail to beat what i assume is the worst team in the tournament they will probably go on to win it somehow

As a casual international tournament watcher, are they really worse in general than North Mak, or Scotland, or hell Finland, who played extremely good football in the qualifiers but then turned into their past selves.

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity

Omnikin posted:

4 points is surely enough to get out of groups y/n?

in 2016 for certain at least

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity
Turkey was 3rd in world cup 2002? and top 4 in next? euros. Considering its population has passed Germany by now it is weird to get up there and then fall all the way down here. Smaller nations like Wales top 4 in last euro can get up and down "randomly" but it's weird Turkey couldn't stay up there.

But I don't know much of anything what happens in day-to-day football between these competitions.

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity
In the future, if everyone is authoritarian, one of those authoritarians has to win, unless a war interrupts the event or something

E: Also brazil under Jair Messias hasn't gotten worse I believe which is a strike against this theory.

Brazil football, not Brazil country, which has.

Porrima fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jun 16, 2021

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity
Finnish announcer (roughly): Goran Pandev is the youngest player to ever score for North Macedonia in international competitions

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity
Goran Pandev no longer the youngest Macedonian to score, unfortunately.

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity

the sex ghost posted:

Alexander was actually weeping at the state of his defence

He was mostly about the attack - when he could attack no longer it was boring and he died.

Do not write this to a school test

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity

To Knights of Malta?

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity

Casual Encountess posted:

what is there even to like in belgium

Hercule Poirot

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity

dex_sda posted:

yeah i mean its a knockout tourney and anything can happen, and ronald only needs one when he's on so portugal is a good shout, but there is a big step down in quality from france (sick individual talent all over) and italy (some of the most intelligent, interesting football ive seen in an NT) so far. belgium are inconsistent, portugal are lacking the creativity in the final passes, and england didn't show anything really special, just played good against a disappointing croatia. lol at anyone else.

we'll see today how england look, they could be a contender if they get into the tourney mentality.

No love from anyone to 2016 semifinalists group dark horse dragon Wales I see

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity
Happy for the Orbán on the field, I hope Orbán on the cabinet celebrates and defenestrates himself or something.

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity

Splorange posted:

the Polish anthem is surprisingly jaunty considering their history

"The lyrics were written by Józef Wybicki in Reggio Emilia, Cisalpine Republic in Northern Italy, between 16 and 19 July 1797, two years after the Third Partition of Poland erased the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth from the map. It was originally meant to boost the morale of Polish soldiers serving under General Jan Henryk Dąbrowski's Polish Legions that served with Napoleon's French Revolutionary Army in the Italian campaigns of the French Revolutionary Wars. "

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity
Finland is playing Belgium in Russia while Russia is playing Denmark in Denmark.

I hope this 13 11 host countries thing never happens again.

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity
Also pisses me off that the aztec sacrificial ballgame tournament in Qatar will be the last beautiful 32 team worlds.
Then it will be even worse than this 24 team horror system.

This opinion has probably been presented before by a number of persons in these forums. After this tournament is over I'll probably be here next in 2022, unless I'm dead by then which is unlikely but probably more likely than for almost all of you.

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity
People seem to be happy about a homophobic dictatorship country advancing over one of the most liberal countries on this poo poo planet, weirdly enough.
And if it's a "Politics don't matter for football results" thing, why are people making WW2 jokes 70+ years after the fact.

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity

Elliptical Dick posted:

It's funny because Germany is supposed to be good and Hungary is supposed to be bad op

Given Germany's pre tournament results and Hungary's results in last Euros and after I don't think it's that clear

But that was a lame thing for me to say I'm sorry. Just felt bad at many things currently in life.

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity
Yeah, that's true. as I said a bit above there, I'm sorry for being stupid due to spur of the moment emotion.

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity

Lex Neville posted:

no need to apologize, dude, let alone so profusely. hope you're okay

Thanks, no worries.

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity
I wonder what is the most not shootout penalties awarded in an international football game. Probably easily more than 3 though.

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity
Wales got to the semifinals last time in somewhat similar bracket circumstances.

The luck of the welsh, as they say.

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity
Today's games lifted, temporarily, the goals scored per game to 2.61, highest since 2000.

This has not necessarily correlated with quality of games.

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity

blue footed boobie posted:

Is anyone aware of kabaddi players with funny names so we can round this all out?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surender_Nada

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pooja_Sharma_(kabaddi)

And in some sense of funny

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deepika_Henry_Joseph ( a woman)

Porrima fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jun 24, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity

We don't like that guy in the North West Central railway team