Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

vyelkin posted:

instead of hosting in 12 big cities around Europe, benefiting the big teams, they should have hosted in the 12 lowest-ranked nations within UEFA

teams shuttling around between San Marino, Gibraltar, Malta, Liechtenstein, Moldova, Latvia, Andorra, Lithuania, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Azerbaijan, and Faroe Islands

tbf I think that was kind of the original idea, to joint-host it in all of the fail countries that have exactly one nice stadium and then the final in London so you can charge £150 for a ticket

then a plague happened and so we have england and baku, with a shuttlebus running in between them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

to be fair, in 1988 there were only 32 teams in europe to start with

then some bullshit happened

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Lemon posted:

lads its almost the euros

https://youtu.be/cXxqmAxDlYU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

i mean if normally there was a turkey/italy friendly on eurosport tbh i'd check out what was on eurosport 2

but i'm still going to get hyped and stay hyped and play the football soccer song

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Gigi Galli posted:

this incredibly repetitive boring song is also insanely long

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

glad to finally see own goal getting that international call-up

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

western roman empire best roman empire

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

African AIDS cum posted:

Butterfly Valley fanzone is in ruins right now the men have stopped kissing & sucking each other off

that's turkey's economy in shambles, then

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

the sex ghost posted:

Tournament group stage is the most wonderful time of the year. Three matches a day, explaining to your Mrs that yes, you do need to watch Macedonia v Ukraine

going to do some great working from home every afternoon for the next month

big circling back to that tomorrow morning energy

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

is this the thread for saying Mbabu but in a Vic Reeves voice

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

I'm enjoying this American commentator who is coming up with bizarre reasons to say things in a German accent

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Grimson posted:

Who's carrying the game?

it's an espn stream, i have no idea who the commentators are but he made the point to read out the full name of Bayer 04 Leverkusen so that he could say it like a german would

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Grimson posted:

including the 04? lmao

yup

and he said vier, because of course he did

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

if ukraine win this i will lol powerfully

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

https://sco.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fitba

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Insurrectionist posted:

game could use a little more quality atm

you're in the wrong part of town, pardner

this is shoutin' and pointin' country

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

imagine being put under the cosh by a team with no strikers

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

paddyboat posted:

theoretically, if andy robertson were to put in a sick cross right in front of the goal, would “lyndon dykes” have the skills to tap it in?
he looks like he has to have someone tie his shoes for him

I've done some research and it turns out that he's actually Australian-Scottish, so I'm pretty sure someone has to bring the shoes to him and convince him to wear them

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

vyelkin posted:

lmaoctominay

1. run into man standing stock still
2. ???
3. pelanty

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

this is the best league one playoff final I've ever seen

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

peanut- posted:

Dykes is a proper Sunday League level player

for someone who wasn't good enough to get called up by Australia and so had to declare for Scotland, he is... trying very hard

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

who was the lad at portsmouth who did nothing except smash in howitzers from 40 yards?

definitely should have gone to Madrid for 80m

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Gqf4dwxluU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ-WY8-8wVc

imagine signing ronald instead, no wonder they're poo poo now

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Insurrectionist posted:

Haaland and Lewa probably hang out at the top scorer club complaining about their NTs

have we considered the possibility that the bundesliga is, to wit, a fail piss league?

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

peanut- posted:

Assaulting the 2010 Spain team was extremely good even at the time actually.

I'm remembering Howard Webb making the "I don't want to ruin the World Cup Final by sending someone off after 20 minutes, time for some game management" face while people practice their sick Dragonball moves on Busquets and I'm having some good lols

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

i'm laughing a lot at the idea that seville bid for the olympics twice, manchesterishly

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

i hope everyone starts kicking each other for no reason like in that portugal-holland game where everyone started kicking each other for no reason

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

top bins, great strike

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

peanut- posted:

Pogba seems a lot better for France than he is for Man Utd most of the time

no i'm graeme souness and you actually imagined him bossing the world cup final

all of 2018 was a dream

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Splorange posted:

nobody look at what tomorrow's matches are (they're garbage)

finland vs russia in st petersburg will be interesting if uppercuts are legal

if finland win they're guaranteed to qualify too

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

harald schumacher doing tiny fistpumps up in heaven

or koln, wherever the gently caress he lives

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Splorange posted:

I think I'm rooting for the plucky country whose most notable exports includes indestructible phones and F1 drivers past due for retirement

c'mon lads, win one for valtteri

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Bape Culture posted:

I didn’t realise Pogba had copied Ronald the thirsty little gently caress

ronald said "drink water" and coca cola lost $4bn off its share price

these are truly the last days

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

yes

that is finnish

e: it's nae finnish

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

when did whatshisface on the bbc decide to become a professional klopp impersonator

is that dadfashion now

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

when they showed a wide shot i was genuinely confused as to why klopp was presenting the halftime show

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

24 bad teams

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

SlightlyMad posted:

Get well soon, Mario Fernandes (and Christian Eriksen). Fernandes was taken to a hospital after injuring his torso in a nasty fall. I get a feeling there is some dark magic going on with Finland, anyone who plays against them suffers casualties like it's 1939 again. If the trend continues, Belgium will have a grand piano fall on them and the team gets decimated (one in ten is carried off on a stretcher). I'm hoping everyone stays alive and well though. It's just a bit of bad luck on Finland's opponents.

I'm not sure it's dark magic to kick your opponents off the park

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

it's just like watching australia, jim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

why would you have a letter that was silent in all contexts

your spacebar does that already