Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Kinda want to know both the EUFA and also the real story about why Azerbaijan got to be one of the host nations, I'm sure it has nothing to do with money and corruption for a team that didn't even qualify.

Should've had the Scottish and Welsh stadiums be the regular group etc homes then used Wembley for the Final

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Insurrectionist posted:

these swiss lads have started poorly

Hoping their defense has the same holes as their cheese.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Backdoor Delivery posted:

Alejandro Moreno is so painful to listen to that I'd rather have Twellman

It’s impressive how ESPN manages to make their commentary sound like radio from the 1940s.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Great chance!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Hegay posted:

I'm sorry sex ghost but it's bad. Real bad.

Gonna be more human rights violations in Baku than goals.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Get loving in!!!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Kinda have a soft spot for the Danes after they accidentally ended up at the 92 Euros just to win the thing.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The only positive that can be gleaned from this is, maybe this was an inevitable thing for him and thank God it happened somewhere there were a ton of medics on hand and able to react to it instantly. As horrifying as it being broadcast live globally is, it might be the difference between life and death.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

jesus WEP posted:

if it’s between that and a training session, im pretty sure there’s more medical staff on hand for a big match

Yeah, or even just being home alone and working out.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Butterfly Valley posted:

This might be an occasion to overrule the players and be like er no lads we're making this decision for you, go clear your heads as best you can

Although I guess having a game to concentrate on is probably a decent way to clear your head but idk you imagine some of them are going to be all over the place whether they know it or not

Yeah, this.

When my wife passed, I was in no condition to be making decisions. I personally went into work the next day as it was a Sunday, it was an empty office, and it was away from everything and everyone id been dealing with for the previous two weeks.

Going back on the pitch an hour after going through literal trauma is just not a good thing to put on people. While some might genuinely want to do it to push everything out of their mind, there will likely be others who are staying silent because they don’t want to dissent.

Call the game. Mark it as 0-0 full time. If the result genuinely makes a difference to the standings in a weeks time, maybe revisit then. Today they just need to give everyone the individual treatment they need.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Holy poo poo they just showed a Newsmax commercial for Trump during the ‘obviously designed to jam in more commercials’ break on ESPN News. Just what everyone wants to see.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I cannot see how the pandemic would have affected the slave labor driven construction in any real way.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

sudo rm -rf posted:

uhhh the game just went off on espn

Someone made the right decision 2 hours late. Now to channel hunt and work out where it is. College Baseball wasn’t even scheduled for this channel…

E: ah espn2

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Lol no ref was ever not going to give that penalty.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

ESPN commentary seems oblivious as to why a soft pen was given and also how it could’ve been missed.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

That kid yelling ‘stand the gently caress up!’

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

PederP posted:

Danish coach says UEFA gave them the choice to continue or play tomorrow at 12. The players were unable to cope with having to play tomorrow, so they chose to get it over and done with.

Somehow UEFA manage to perform even worse than my lowest expectations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

goatface posted:

You'd like to see them try to stop kicking things at the keeper.

Turkey just answered this request.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

sassassin posted:

There's no meaningful difference between finishing 1st or 2nd in group A as both play a 2nd place finisher in weak groups (if anything finishing 2nd and playing Finland/Russia/Denmark looks kinder) but finish 3rd and it's a group winner in the next round.

There’s some motivation for Wales to want to win it, as it’s the difference between playing their next game in Wembley and having more home fans, or in the Netherlands.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Might want to start aiming for the ball, Italy. Jesus.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

the popes toes posted:

Wales are just a stale bit of toast with some cheese on top now

I do not appreciate this shade against the National dish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Every other corporation on the planet knows sticking a rainbow avatar on their profile and pretending to care about lgbtq rights during this month is good business, but bravo to EUFA for showing their whole rear end by going against this, while already being seen as massive pricks for forcing a team to play after watching a teammate brush with death in front of them. Just absolute monumental effort to all involved.