Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Shithead
Jun 27, 2008

You got your rhythm goin' now?
does anyone have a stylus suggestion? i am using a rubber nub on the end of a pen but i hate how it drags across the screen, would like something that has a fine point or at-least more… controllable?

Also, does anyone know if there is a way to grab objects outside of POV mode? like, if your in 3rd person view can you have your character grab an object? i suspect the answer is no but wanted to ask the experts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Shithead
Jun 27, 2008

You got your rhythm goin' now?

EightFlyingCars posted:

So it turns out that if you attach even a super long touch sensor to the end of a gun and use that with an AND operator with a button press, it actually does work like a really long punch! Rupert Buttermilk was right all along!

We got hitscan weapons, baby

edit: Unfortunately, touch sensors can only be 10m in length and I don't see any way of sticking more of them end-on-end, so until that can be figured out, using touch sensors for hitscan guns is really going to limit your range

not sure if you found the hitscan solution you were looking for but in the extra check point 32 they have an interesting cross hair shooter that is controlled with the sticks. they use a destroy object on an only movable box (with a crosshair texture) that is activated with a Y press- here they have you destroying fancy objects (crates and shipping container). not sure if you can swap the sticks out for gyro but i’d imagine it might work for what you’re trying to do.