Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Argue posted:

What the hell does the Digitizer Nodon do? The Nodopedia says it has something to do with "portions", and the hint in the settings says it takes a rolling and gradual input and makes it sudden and sharp. That gives me some idea of what it's doing, but I've been playing with various values/counters/map nodons and can't make heads or tails of the inputs and outputs I've been getting from Digitize.

Given an gradual input from 0 to 1 (I used the stick as my input in this case), digitize will round to the nearest "stage". The stage counter is off by one from what's probably intuitive though, so if you want to snap to say, the nearest 1/10, you need to set it to 11. That's because the previous sequence has 11 stages, (0.0 and 1.0 are both counted, and there are 9 other values between them).

Also, this only applies to the fractional level. If you have an input that goes from 0 to 5 and use 11 stages, then there are actually 51 values the digitizer can output (0.0, 0.1, ... 2.0, 2.1, ... 5.0). And this applies to negative numbers as well.

So given this, if you want to snap to 1/2s, you set the number to 3. If you want to snap to 1/5s you set the number to 6 and so on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

I'm hoping there are updates to the number of nodons/nodon customization available because as they are, it's pretty limiting. For example, you can't change the jump power of the character with inputs at all, which would be interesting to do as a power up. You also can't really do much with the outputs of launchers, which seems to be the only way you can spawn objects during gameplay, so you can't, say, create a block that spits out an object to collect (except boxes, spheres, and cylinders, which means you can't use those for other features).

loudog999 posted:

Do I have to play through the tutorial to play other people’s games?

Only a bit of it, I think. As soon as the free programming thing opens up in the main menu, you can, uh, input codes to download other games. Not sure what's a good place to find those codes yet though.