Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
The tutorial feels like it's gonna take a very long time to get through, but I also understand it has to spell every single thing out so kids can get the hang of it. I'm looking forward to getting to the end of it so I can build something proper.

I swear to god if I still can't make my own rocket barrel levels :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

The tutorial is agonizingly slow, but trying to brute force figure things out is just not happening. I mostly want to know how I can get the camera to to be a little bit ahead of the character if it's side scrolling, instead of dead center

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I feel I may be too dumb/impatient for this game. Kind of regretting my purchase now after messing with it all day. It's just not as simple as I was hoping. Or at least I'll probably just need to wait til a well written tutorial on specific things comes out for this, because the tutorials here aren't nearly as helpful for me as I'd want. Especially with how the game just draaaags them out with all the nodes talking to each other and making jokes. I know it's a game meant for kids to get the hang of coding but I just don't have the patience for it.

Also the UI is extremely finnicky, but I've also only used a controller.