Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
What the hell does the Digitizer Nodon do? The Nodopedia says it has something to do with "portions", and the hint in the settings says it takes a rolling and gradual input and makes it sudden and sharp. That gives me some idea of what it's doing, but I've been playing with various values/counters/map nodons and can't make heads or tails of the inputs and outputs I've been getting from Digitize.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Thanks!

Also, uhhhh am I missing something obvious or is it a huge oversight that you can't do anything with the ^ v < > buttons on the left joycon?

I'm trying to figure out how to make a person jerk backwards relative to the direction they're facing (without turning them in that direction) but I haven't figured anything out yet. I tried to attach a sphere behind them with an attached attractor to pull the person back, but attractors don't seem to work on things they're attached to. The same attractor pasted onto the world without being attached to my character worked fine. I thought I could work something out with the angle-to-position sensor and calculations, but there's no "move this object" nodon that I can just feed that input to. Feeding that input to the person just makes them actually walk in that direction, which isn't what I want.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

The first tutorial is required, but after that free programming opens up. You have to do the tutorials in order if you actually want to do them, though.

Haven't figured out a clean way to do a falling block game either.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

You can!

In other news, I'm trying to work out design patterns for reusable components, but I'm being blocked primarily by my seeming inability to just store... a number. Like a flag, but let it output values other than 0 and 1.

Argue fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Jun 12, 2021

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

This is insane. Is the music done in post? It must be. Edit: I'm basing my question off of the video, I haven't played the game yet.

Yep, the actual music is just the stock music. The video overdubbed it with 3DW music.