Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
It's more due to how messy the cult stuff was. There was never much indication of what they actually stood for which is kind of essential to make them good antagonists.

They didn't need to be Trumpers or white supremacists, but they needed some actual motivations instead of the pondering endless speeches about mostly nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Flesnolk posted:

How is there a not-Cuba when last game ended with nuclear war destroying the world

Either just Montana got nuked or they're just ignoring that ending completely.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Fame Douglas posted:

The US was in some kind of conflict, with tensions ratcheting up more and more, and got nuked. That's how I understood it. The cult just happened to be right about the end of the world.

And it even makes sense that Hope County was a target since it had a bunch of former missile bases. It would've been on enemy intel.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

DogsInSpace! posted:

Thank you. So you can’t use thrown weapons without it? That’s a bummer. I’ll finish the train island but I kinda wish I hadn’t bought it now. I know the thrown weapons are a minor thing to most but I liked being able to toss grenades and knive

The gadgets are unlocked on specific backpacks but seem equipabble on any.

There's a stealth backpack you can get pretty soon. It fires an emp. It's still goofy as heck looking though. All the backpacks are.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

i'm still mad that in the three and a half years since fc5 they never figured out how to let your pets ride in the car with you

New Dawn did. That's the weird part.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

DogsInSpace! posted:

I’m a complete dumbass and just now figured out how throwing weapons work tied to the backpack. I though the LB and RB was the only way to use it. I am slow sometimes and should stop smoking weed. I’ll look for that backpack. I’m getting more into this but this newbie island is loooooong. Wish I could just not wear a helmet but the game probably knows I need to irl and is trying to help.

Newbie island isn't TOO bad. You'll get access to a bunch of backpacks right after it.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Fame Douglas posted:

I just finished newbie island, collected all side stuff etc. When do I get the ability to build out my base?

It's confusing. You don't build out the island, you build out bases you establish in the regions. Just keep progressing the main story.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Yeah there's a couple urban areas including the fairly large capital.

A lot of tropical jungle though they spruce it up with some rather big landmarks like plantations.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

The Lone Badger posted:

The big ammo crates (the ones you have to use manually) fully refill your ammo, including resolvers and gadgets.

Interacting with a workbench refills gadgets and resolvers as well.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i think 4 holds up the best because the villian is actually likable but scary, the gameplay loop is fun. its somewhat cynical but most of the characters are solid.

4 seems to handle the "everybody is a shithead and you're making things worse" motif better than most games.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
The main gun shop is the guerilla garrison you build at one of your camps.

Most guns are found in crates.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
It's likely Vmprotect again as that's what Ubi tends to use and VMP is pretty known for causing performance problems.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
No. It's barely connected to the show except for a jaunt into the Upside Down from what I can tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
The only disappointment I had with Yara is the capital not being a big open world environment.

An urban center would've been a fun contrast to the rest of it.