Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

I absolutely love the Far Cry games but please do yourself a favor and skip the DLC for 5. Vietnam is fine but the other two are actively horrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Far Cry 6: Game's dope. Best one in a while, for sure. I agree that it really needs to add loadouts though.

Kinda sorta Far Cry-adjacent: the newly released remasters of Crysis 2 and 3 are currently 30% off on the US playstation store ($20.99 each instead of $29.99).

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

TjyvTompa posted:

The regular weapons are better because you can put more modifications on them.

This is how I felt, too. There's nothing about the unique weapons that's actually unique enough to make up for being unable to modify them. The only one I used for any significant amount of time was the little gold/green pistol that I either found on the very first island or shortly after leaving. High rate of fire, armor-piercing, and extra body damage means you can just run around John Wick-ing everyone with three quick pops to their chest. Probably killed more people with that gun than any other (although it was eventually replaced by the P226).

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Kadath posted:

The MP5 with the aim down sights damage increase mod and the body shot damage mod tears up everything and with the compensator muzzle device recoil is very low and you can throw a quick burst at a surprisingly long range and get several good hits.

This is how I setup my Vector and I can pretty much snipe people with it from the opposite side of an outpost just tagging them in the chest with 4 shots in a fraction of a second.

I hope they patch in a higher difficulty, a few slots for loadouts, and a way to reset outposts manually rather than being limited to the one-district-per-week insurgency mechanic.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Aware posted:

Personally I have zero idea what's happening in the story because I just skip everything possible to skip and only follow way points to the next shoot things area. I may be alone in this but I couldn't tell you a thing about any of the so called storyline in any far cry game.

Yup, same here. Outta my way, taking person, I've got mooks to murder.