Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
OG Far Cry had Predator mode in MP and I've never enjoyed anything in the series as much as I enjoyed playing that with my buds.

We've had a dozen asymmetrical MP modes for major releases since then and none of them were half as good, playing that in a 2v10 or 4v24 or something is one of my gaming dreams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence

Rabbit Hill posted:

,Some reviews I saw were complaining that the game is too apolitical, and I've got to say, if you don't see digs at Trump/his followers/Republicans/right-wing gun nuts everywhere, uhhhhhhh....you're missing a lot, to put it nicely.

'apolitical' is the wrong word, the problem is that it's cowardly. there's tons of anti-authortarian overtones in Far Cry 5 and Watch Dogs, and to a degree in The Division (when it isn't being super lazy and pro-authoritarian instead) but those games also bend over backwards to not include the actual real-world attitudes, politics and policies that enable the grim worldstate they're using as a backdrop, so you get wild poo poo like the hacktivists in WD: Legion cooperating with loving section 5, who in real life are one hundred percent in favor of and directly work to ensure the kind of corporate extraterritory that Watch Dogs spends it's screen time raging against.

none of which is a problem when you abstract hard enough, but Ubi puts a huge amount of effort into keeping it's settings relatable... and then a huge amount of effort not talking about the real life details they're mining for content.