Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Mr. Fortitude posted:

For some reason I kinda want to play Far Cry Primal again. Maybe this time an Expert Survival mode playthrough, which I've never done. Any tips?

Start every encounter by using your owl to drop bees on people. It's maybe the most overpowered mechanic in any Far Cry game and can clear out groups of non-heavy enemies without any risk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Combat Pretzel posted:

Great. Stuttering all over the place. This is a Zen+ Threadripper with a 3080 and 32GB of DDR4-3200.

Also, Denuvo EULA. So I'm blaming that.

--edit: Seems to reliably happen when just turning the camera around and I presume it has to load crap into VRAM. Settings say I'm only using half of it.

Was thinking about getting this but my TR1950x and GTX1070 are starting to show their age. If it's running poorly on a Zen+ Threadripper (guessing 2950x) and a 3080 that seems like either bad optimization or Denuvo tanking performance. Might have to skip this for a while.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Fame Douglas posted:

Seriously, shooting some guns with Min? Who wouldn't prefer that ending to siding with the weird religious fanatics.

No hanging with your pal Pagan Min, you have to instead choose between Kyrat being turned into an opium-based economy or a theocratic state with child brides.

Picked up FC6 last night despite being iffy on whether or not it would run on my computer and not knowing what the EGS return policy is. With a 1950x and GTX 1070 it was running well with everything autodetected to high settings, though I turned most things to medium to get some more frames. Didn't run into any of the hitching while turning problems I've seen mentioned though I haven't been to the main island yet, hopefully performance stays decent in larger cities.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Impossible to take anything about this story seriously when I'm wearing my ridiculous rocket launcher backpack in every cutscene.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

DogsInSpace! posted:

Yeah… can you take that off later? I really don’t think it’s as neat if I go mainly stealth. Also can I toss grenades or throwing knives without the using the missile backpack? I just want to occasionally toss one knife or one grenade and hoping later I can do that like everyone else on the island.

I don't think you can take it off, only swap it out for backpacks with different effects. The tool slots are in the backpack so I think you would lose the ability to use any of them if you could take it off. It looks goofy as hell and I've used it exactly one time so far, to blow up an anti-air gun after clearing all the enemies because I hadn't unlocked grenades yet. Killing people with bow and arrow or a silenced rifle still seems like the best approach in most situations but the ult will probably be useful for killing tanks in a story mission or something like that.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Smart move by Castillo to have his most important facilities guarded by soldiers with more durable skulls. All these weaker soldiers die from a single shot to the head and are unfit for the job.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Unless I'm missing something the trading interface only lets you sell 1 of something or all of it at once. If you have a huge stockpile of 1000 gasoline or so and want to sell 200 units at $3 per unit, you have to sit and sell it one at a time and you have to hold down the sell button each time. When back in the game, the UI will then scroll through those individual $3 sales and play the sound effect for getting money 200 times.

shortspecialbus posted:

My biggest complaint is that it takes 3-4 rpg rounds to bring down the bigger rocket copters. Obnoxious.

Try the Zeusito, one of the Resolver weapons you can buy from Juan for uranium. Charged lightning cannon that's downed every helicopter I've come across in one shot. Not sure if it's doing enough damage to destroy them of it it's just disabling them but either way they fall out of the sky and explode.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Monero is from co-op, weekly challenges, Bandido missions and some post-game mode.

The level system in this is strange. What does it even represent? I had 4 star guns from levelling the HQs by like level 6 and that seems to be as good as it gets. Plus the highest zone in the game is like 9.

I think it only determines which guns are available in stores, though you can still get them for free by opening chests around the map. From what I can tell there hasn't been anything new in stores for a while now so past level 9 or so it's just a meaningless number representing how much the guerillas respect you.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Play posted:

I've got another question. There was this mission in the second phase of El Este to take down or hack the broadband terminals. There were 11 of them, but I only did the first one. I was intending to do that but then I found myself in this other facility and I had to hack two computers while killing dudes then I spoke to the Canadian guy in the conference room. I feel like that might've been the actual purpose of taking down the broadband. Do I not need to bother with that now that I've beaten that mission or is there still a reason to do the rest of the hacks?

There are other missions where you have to wait around for something to finish being hacked, each terminal you destroy makes those go faster. Not sure it's really worth the effort since most of the hacking missions I've run into don't even have additional enemies spawning while you "defend" the computer. For the most part you just clear an area of enemies and then go to the computer and stand around doing nothing while the hacking bar slowly fills.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Jimbot posted:

Where does this happen? I have a severe reaction to anything involving teeth or nails extraction in any media so being primed for the skip button would be of great help.

There's a mission where you have to go around to three different locations looking for something, I don't remember what exactly. When you get to one of them it plays a short cutscene where Castillo's torturer with the fake leg is hiding next to the door and knocks you out when you walk in. You would do well to skip the cutscenes immediately after that.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Play posted:

I really like this game. Best Far Cry game in a long time

I very, very rarely buy full price AAA games. For some reason, I guess I had a bad day at work and was kinda drunk or something and I just decided I wanted to buy this one. Great decision luckily because it owns. It's a bit like Far Cry 3 or 4 except way better imo. More features, better gameplay, more fun in general.

I was pretty ready to poo poo on it since I'm not a big ubisoft fan but gently caress, they did a good job

A big part of it is giving you the entire skill tree from previous games at the start instead of slowly working your way towards being overpowered. Being able to do heavy takedowns and air drops at checkpoints right away instead of having to wait until halfway through the game is a smart choice when the devs know players have already gone through what's basically the same game about 10 times by now.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Play posted:

That's definitely the biggest complaint throughout this thread. Game is way too loving easy and desperately needs a 'Hard' mode. And literally all they should change in that mode is that enemies cause twice as much damage so if one actually gets the drop on you and you're not able to respond quick enough you die. It would just add some actual excitement to the game, especially the back half where you are starting to feel pretty much invincible

The biggest issue isn't damage numbers but the enemies being completely braindead. Castillo has the worst snipers of any army on the planet, unable to spot you walking around in the road in broad daylight when you haven't even noticed them and aren't trying to avoid them at all. Towards the end of the game I was completely half-assing any stealth sections because even if you're just running around without paying attention to enemies they take so long to become alerted that you can almost always headshot them before there are any consequences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

I have to admit, the villains in 5 are so hateable its really satisfying to take them out. Especially the Yes Brother. gently caress that guy, he's got it all figured out, and gives you big speeches about it. Too bad you shoot down his plane and not shoot him in the face like the Combat Bro

First time I played I destroyed his plane, he ejected and pulled his parachute, then I circled back around and shot him while he was parachuting and he fell about 2000 feet onto pavement. Still wasn't really dead because he has plot armor so he can monologue to you one last time in his dying cutscene but his death was more engaging than the other siblings.