Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010
I wanted to like Farcry 5 but 30 minutes of that loving one minute loop of cultist music that you can't turn off and I couldn't handle it any longer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010

Finster Dexter posted:

Played like 3 hours now on NZ VPN. I was not a fan of 5, but big time fan of 3 and 4, and I'm liking 6 a lot. What few weapons I've unlocked feel better than the mushy-feeling far cry 5 weapons. Taking out outposts feels rewarding like 3 and 4 did, etc.

The setting is decent. Has some of the feeling of 3's island in terms of terrain, so not as good as 4, maybe, but still some good variety of hills and whatnot with lots of ziplines to zoom around with. The gator owns.

Again, I've only played like 3 hours, but there's enough meat in that little bit of time to really sink my teeth into.

e: oh, I should add that I usually like going the stealth archer route, and while I haven't gotten a bow, yet, they do give you a silenced MS16 with armor-piercing almost right away that you can kind of stealth archer around with, so that was a plus, for me.
game looks kinda fun in reviews and I loved 3 and 4, but holy poo poo it looks like everything in the world gets tagged in your HUD. Is it possible to turn all the markers/tags/x-ray vision off?