Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
apparently the respawn timers for small encounters in hostile zones are ridiculously short.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Combat Pretzel posted:

It certainly doesn't have a hotkey. Maybe it autoactivates? I was running around at night on the starter island clearing some Liberdad boxes in some crevice. It couldn't see poo poo and there's no flashlight nor did it trigger (I think it does only in designated caves?).

that's how it's usually worked in these games

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Does this game not have a difficulty slider?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Idk if it's the the TAA or AO implementation, or the interaction between the two, but the net result when moving the camera is this unpleasant blurriness and the AO readjusting a split second later. It's giving me motion sickness and is really hurting image quality. This is on PS5.

Also there's screen tearing.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

This game so far feels very easy. Really should have had a difficulty slider.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Nyoro posted:

I liked Far Cry 6 well enough, 100% completed it. I also 100% completed 5. I've never played 4, New Dawn, or more than 30 minutes of the rest of them. Is 4 at least worth going back for a playthru?

Yeah I’d say so if you like the FC formula. 4 is like a polished 3, except I think the map’s worse. And ND is probably my favorite FC, though it’s a bit divisive.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Sounds like you might have a more serious issue, but I remember the app having connectivity problems after waking from sleep. Closing and reopening it usually fixed it.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

FC6 for PS4/5/Xbox is $25 at Best Buy today.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Primal is definitely up there for me, but it lost me a bit mid way. It just became too samey, but that's a typical FC issue.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I randomly booted up New Dawn, which was a bunch of fun, so I decided to go back to 6. But idk something about that game just doesn't click the same way. I don't want to play it.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

The 1650 isn’t actually much of a step up from a 970, unfortunately. You do get Freesync support, though.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

New Dawn, imho

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I’ll grant that, but as long as it’s not outright offensive or really dumb (admittedly ND has some stupid moments) writing is a tertiary concern for me in an FC game.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

The HD texture pack for FC6 says it requires 11GB of VRAM, is that bullshit or should I avoid it (3060ti, 8GB)? I'd be playing at 1440p.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Thanks. Ubisoft+ is free for the month, if anybody else wants to try out some of their catalog. Should be enough time to get through a game or two.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Anybody play with the Guerilla difficulty mode? I'm considering restarting with it (can't change mid-playthrough), since I only had a few hours in my PS5 save.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Anybody get else crashes when taking screenshots?

e:also, 30fps cutscenes??

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Sep 12, 2022

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What did people think of the skill tree being removed?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

They've at least since added loadouts for quicker switching. But there probably should have been a permanent way to unlock what were previously essentially QoL perks.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

in case anyone found something that helped them: Is Far Cry 6 known to still be buggy? I'm getting quite a lot of crashes, and am considering getting a refund while I can.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

i've verified files, and i think i'm on the latest game ready, no anti virus besides defender.

some posts recommend turning off overlays.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

God drat this mission (Sundown)

closest thing to "all you had to do was follow the drat train" in a while

after nteen tries I almost completed it, but the driver ai got us stuck in a ditch and then drove into a civilian atv blowing us up. I turned down the difficulty to story mode, cause gently caress that.

it may have been easier with better gear, but this the first base's questline, and there's no indication of a difficulty jump (sometimes multiple helicopters spawned).

fwiw, i haven't had a crash since I turned off the ubisoft overlay (I bought it on their store).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I knew something was up when in the middle of a war the game gave us a fairy tale bonding interlude. They were setting up the knife twist.