Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I haven't really played a FarCry game in a while. The original, then a bit of 2 until the instantly respawning checkpoints annoyed me, I started 3 about a year or so ago. Now I played through 6 and it was okay?

The story completely falls apart towards the end and I wish I had known about insurgency mode so I could have stopped before the stealth mission and never finished (because the conclusion was completely garbo). I wanted to clean up the map in peace, not have entire sectors reset every week.

Also I played the Xbox version and that still has bugs people mentioned months ago. That one checkpoint never coming up as a checkpoint until very late in the game, car customization not unlocking, missions not completing. What were they actually doing at Ubi HQ since release? Oh yeah, releasing costume packs for monopoly money.

I wish someone competent made another Just Cause because that's what FC6 reminded me of constantly, but fell short.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Yeah the ledges are very annoying because there are a bunch of jumping puzzles which want you to jump from ledge to ledge, but the only way to get the prompt was waiting for the breathing animation to move my head back half an inch or catch it in the split second of the shimmy animation before it disappeared. In general it felt odd to me how particular this game was about where you have to look use activation points (use vehicles and especially boats, hijack tanks, open containers) and in some places I couldn't pick up a collectible or open a container, like the criptograma boxes, if there was ammo sitting nearby. So I had to fire a gun, reload it, and make the ammo consumable go away because no moving around the item would make the prompt change from "ammo full" to use/open.

Oh I forgot another bug, the gun that was supposed to unlock from a treasure hunt but didn't, and apparently that has been an issue since April :thunk:

orcane fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Sep 3, 2022

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Should be fine at WQHD, but you can always turn it off again later if necessary.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I have HD textures on but have 12GB of VRAM. In practice I see it using more like 6GB of VRAM, I think. I'm guessing the 11GB is if you turn on the adaptive resolution or whatever it's called - in Far Cry 5 that would make the game use way more VRAM. I haven't tried turning it on in Far Cry 6 because I have a pretty crazy powerful machine at this point.
The ComputerBase review I was reading said that in 4k, performance was unplayable with the HD pack on 8 GB VRAM, and even with 10 GB it started seemingly alright but then dropped to single digit framerates quickly. 8 GB was apparently fine for 1440p and lower resolutions with the HD texture pack. I can't verify that because I only played the Xbox Sex version.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Yeah I spent far too much time in menus changing my gear and didn't touch 90% of the weapons and mods because they were too situational or straight bad (there's essentially no purpose to the 1-3 star weapons and most of the locked-mod uniques). Also I wore repair pants for most of the game because that's just too useful with how you're covered in a hail of bullets from all sides the moment you alert enemies while in a vehicle.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I set up the loadouts when they unlocked but after that I still constantly ran into situations where I didn't want that weapon of the loadout or this backpack for a minute and eventually stopped using them.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Or was it gloves or pants? But yeah, either of those things :D

The tiny hovercopter was amazing, I cheesed a bunch of jumping puzzles for collectibles with it but yeah it takes about two small arms hits before it explodes. Later I grew fond of the flying car because flying car!, and while it's no helicopter you can land it on anything that's not a hand grenade with a tripwire. And it's classified as a land vehicle even if you're flying it so it actually uncovers the map. Ghost Recon Breakpoint did the same "if you're flying you're not re moving the fog of war" bullshit and I hate it so much.

orcane fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Sep 13, 2022

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
You can scan it too, it spawns in certain resistance hideouts.

E: Okay it's a bit more elaborate. You need the camp upgrade "Hideout Network" at rank 2 somewhere to unlock permanent vehicle spawns in hideouts, then some of them will have the Angelito FW Turbo. It also spawns randomly at the Revmira Supply Dock in Madrugada or in Fort Estrella Del Norte in Valle de Oro. The race is in the south of El Este and you'll have to drive/fly the car for it, afterwards you can scan it.

The races were really easy IMO with 2-3 exceptions. There is an offroad race in a slow shitbox that barely adds enough time per checkpoint to reach the next one, I failed that one twice because the vehicle physics freaked out after jumps. The 2nd harder race is the circuit across the tank testing grounds, I had to equip "stealth" gear to prevent the tanks from spotting me, otherwise it's just RNG if they manage to hit and one-shot you. The other races were really generous with their checkpoint times.

orcane fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Sep 14, 2022

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
He actually remains in that bar where you pick up the first quest from him, I didn't try killing him (you will also return to him after all his quests).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Apparently they Trejo mission will be removed after December 16, it wasn't great but :cmon:

E: I'm not sure I want to replay this game in NG+, the plot really rubbed me the wrong way in 2/3 of the big areas (and especially the finale). All I wanted was clean up the map in peace with my flying car and upgraded arsenal after beating the story, except that was all ruined by the lovely insurgency mode. No I don't want to play FarCry 6 as a live service game, gently caress off Ubi.

orcane fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Nov 30, 2022