Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Combat Pretzel posted:

A lot of alarms are armored. Are there weapons that'll break them regardless? --edit: Wait, don't tell me AP ammo disables them.

Yeah, armoured piercing ammo breaks right through the "unshootable" alarms. Because it's not already OP enough.

You can also throw a sticky EMP grenade in the general area and it'll shut them down through walls too. If you have the camp upgrade that shows where all the alarms are you can throw a bunch of EMP grenades in the general areas of the alarms at the start and go to town on a garrison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

There's actually a strong bug with the marksman bandana and single action firearms. If you have a full magazine and get a headshot kill when it refunds the round it also skips the cycling animation. It only works with a full magazine so if you don't miss you can just fire as fast as you can click heads. Pretty goofy with the MBP .50 or M1887

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Female Dani is canon and superior but Male Dani isn't that bad.

I've been doing coop with my friend who is playing Male Dani and there is a unique singing duet they do together while driving in the car that is very cute. :3:

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

Looks like Lola's store updated with a bunch of new items and a new special operations map.

I'm waiting to get the Vector for Moneda, it's cool they've got a system to get the MTX guns for free. I'm sad I spent a bunch of Moneda on industrial circuits and composite because now I've got all the Bandidos I literally have over a thousand of each

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Blind Rasputin posted:

drat. I haven’t done any of them yet. It’s that worth it? I didn’t know they’d sell unique gear only available for moneda like that.

So Far Cry Coins are the premium only currency, and Moneda is the bridging semi-premium currency. You earn Moneda primarily from doing late game online content, you don't buy it. Every week one of the guns that's normally only for coins will be up for Moneda. There are also two "overclocked" guns which are variants of early game guns with maximum mod slots and a built in damage buff. Last week this was the MP5, which was a 4* MP5K, and the M1887 which was a 4* variant of the sawed off M1887. They're cool because they make early game guns viable for late game content.

Last week it was the Eastern Front, which was the rifle in the premium Soviet pack. Went for 1200 Moneda, which is about 4 coop runs of a late game Special Operation. You couldn't buy it outside of the 1500 coin bundle ($15), but now that I've got the gun the bundle is discounted to 1200 ($12).

The other weekly mechanic is Insurgency, which basically tasks you with doing an FND base, special Operation, a few map objectives and then an assassination. For this you get loads of Moneda and a unique gun.

It's a decent system but there really needs to be more because it's only an hour or two of late game content a week.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

The SSGP-58 is absurdly strong, enough that I have it in my number 1 slot at all times to fall back on. With all the mods on its a 1 shot headshot on every enemy, has 54 rounds in the mag and is ridiculously accurate fired from the hip with a fast rate of fire. You can just wave it in the general area and it'll 1-dink every enemy.

I then swap around my other slots with whatever weird weapon I'm trying to make work. The game is silly easy once you've hit max level so I have to make my own difficulty/fun by using weird guns.

The premium Moneda gun for this week is the Vector from the Yarapunk Pack and it's super fun, 1200 RPM and low recoil makes for a great bullet hose.

I'd love for New Game+, and maybe a higher difficulty setting like those that came to the previous games post-release.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

How do you get more bandido leaders? I have 221 recruits and only one leader.

They're pretty much all "Yaran Stories" side missions. I ended up googling where to find them because a bunch are a short mission in the middle of nowhere you need to stumble upon.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

The worst Yaran Stories is the one with the chickens. loving hell.

Yeah but have you seen Alien (1979)???

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

J-Spot posted:

Are the food buffs bugged? The timer seems to just reset itself instead of expiring.

Yeah, the timer seems to reset when you reload the game. They also stack when they shouldn't, so you should just go to the cantina and unlock one, fast travel away and back so it sticks, and repeat until you have all of them.

Super nice having a permanent speed, ammo, collectibles etc boost

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

I also can't equip the new RPD. It might be because I have the store bought RPD I got with my free 300 credits, because I know people had issues with the Moneda Desert Eagle in the first week if they had the Watchdogs one. The new gloves that buff silenced damage seem cool because that is basically every weapon, but it's hard to give up my robohands

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

Data mining suggests that almost every gun has a 4 star version with max mod slots that will eventually rotate through Lola's store.

Do you have a link to this? I'd love to find any discussion on late game FC6 stuff but I guess its a bit stifled by how easy the drat game is

BurritoJustice fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Oct 26, 2021

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah you can happily use a shotgun and get one-shots on even the late game enemies, but you can't use incendiary rounds on anything because they're exceedingly useless.

Make sure to chuck on buckshot, or slugs if you're feeling spicy, and put on damage mods like bodyshot or aimed.

Lola's shop just added a welrod-style integrally suppressed pistol than does more damage than the deagle and never overheats. You can't put any optical mods on it though.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

You need to reverify your game cache integrity after the latest patch, it'll force a second download. They hosed up the binary patching somehow.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

The Lone Badger posted:

About the only thing it can't fix is being out of fireworks.

I like to use it for the final enemy in a base so I get a celebratory display as it goes into curscene.

One of the backpack upgrades is a whole socket just for even more fireworks, plus you can use the camp buff.

I stacked ammo buffs for fun and ended up being able to carry 750 LMG rounds

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Boba Pearl posted:

Far Cry 6 spoilers on the montero story line, I wasn't paying attention, and I have no idea who this guy is but it's kinda far in? So don't click if you're not done with the Monteros yet.

Who is the guy with the eyepatch that we saved from hanging off a tank?

The younger brother/son of the Monteros, you also meet him working on Viviro as a scientist in one of the earlier missions

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Michael Mando is fantastic and I really enjoyed the dlc, but it was really hard to get past the incest

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

J-Spot posted:

Vaas DLC was alright. Ordinarily I prefer a stealthy play style which is impossible most of the time here but I had a decent time moving down enemies here. My third run blessed me with some decent gadgets including the health canister and the game kept giving me health/defense related perks to the point where I could pretty much just stand around tanking shots. I can't see myself bothering with trying the other difficulties though. Does anyone know if there's any additional story content for beating the highest difficulty?

There is only extra content for beating all 20 waves at the end of a run. Higher difficulties drop way more cash and higher tier perks so it can actually make things a bit easier to do the final waves.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Zwabu posted:

Is the Coop mode in FC6 any good?

Yeah it's awesome, I've done the whole campaign twice in coop and had a blast. The operations are fun too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Rinkles posted:

The HD texture pack for FC6 says it requires 11GB of VRAM, is that bullshit or should I avoid it (3060ti, 8GB)? I'd be playing at 1440p.

The 11GB req isn't bullshit, though if you want to tinfoil hat it might be arbitrarily chosen to be exactly above the 10GB 3080 (in a game that only has FSR1.0 and quarter res raytracing). I tried to run it with my 3080 and performance was fine but it would fill the VRAM and then use the maximum LOD, tiny resolution textures on everything which looked like poo poo.

There's a mod that unpacks the HD pack and replaces the standard texture setting which I ran, which works perfectly for some reason. It's on the FC6 modding discord server, I don't know if it's publicly available because it's technically :files: