Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
Played like 3 hours now on NZ VPN. I was not a fan of 5, but big time fan of 3 and 4, and I'm liking 6 a lot. What few weapons I've unlocked feel better than the mushy-feeling far cry 5 weapons. Taking out outposts feels rewarding like 3 and 4 did, etc.

The setting is decent. Has some of the feeling of 3's island in terms of terrain, so not as good as 4, maybe, but still some good variety of hills and whatnot with lots of ziplines to zoom around with. The gator owns.

Again, I've only played like 3 hours, but there's enough meat in that little bit of time to really sink my teeth into.

e: oh, I should add that I usually like going the stealth archer route, and while I haven't gotten a bow, yet, they do give you a silenced MS16 with armor-piercing almost right away that you can kind of stealth archer around with, so that was a plus, for me.

Finster Dexter fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Oct 6, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Combat Pretzel posted:

If you VPN into NZ once to decrypt, it'll keep working?

This timezoned unlock is stupid bullshit. Why do companies still do this?

You don't have to stay connected, as long as you don't close the game. If you close the game, you will need to stay on the VPN in order to re-open the game (until it launches in your time zone).

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Babe Magnet posted:

so is this area different for anyone? I noticed the key for this door next to the FNC crate never spawned (you can just blow the door up but whatever), so I looked it up and some people are saying this is a checkpoint you can take over. It's not one, for me. Some people are saying that you can eventually get the mission to take that checkpoint if you just keep following the story, but I'm up to the Verdera Prisoner Rescue and it seems weird to me that it's taking so long since that point is right next to the base lol

For the checkpoints you can just roll up on it, blow up the billboard and clear the soldados and it’ll flip. No need to wait for the mission to pop if you’re there and ready to rock and roll. At one point I grabbed a tank and cleared all the checkpoints on one of the major roads. It owned.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Babe Magnet posted:

It looks like a checkpoint that just didn't spawn properly. I've seen videos of people picking up the key to that door, but the key didn't spawn for me. You can blow up the door to get the chest inside but I don't want to like, lock out the checkpoint or whatever in case it's not spawning because of a bug lol

If you flip a checkpoint, you don't need the key. Just go to the locked door and Use Key and key or not it will let you in to loot everything.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

I have flipped probably a dozen or so checkpoints without needing the checkpoint on the map. Just kill the mans and the billboard. Done. I literally roll up on them from nowhere and do this. I'm trying to tell you, you don't need to have it show up on the map to do this.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Capn Beeb posted:

Where are these :stare:

If you hover over the locked item in Arsenal, it'll give you some indication of where to look for it. I don't know if locations are the same for everyone, or based on when you open a cache.

Babe Magnet posted:

nah man. standing there right now. no billboards, no enemy AI in sight. poo poo's broke. Holding out for a random NPC to give me a mission here but they're starting to give me jobs to do on the other side of the map lol

(that billboard in the back is one of the giant invincible ones, not the red ones you break to capture checkpoints. If I didn't already break it, it would be on the left)

I see, that has only happened to me for a couple of the big bases, and it was super frustrating. I assumed checkpoints were different, because I've never had this happen to me with checkpoints.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Pwnstar posted:

The Chicharron quests btw are very good for grinding out Amigo perks, there's one where you are in a building with infinitely spawning enemies which makes it easy to make your cat scare 50 men or pat Chorizo 50 times after taking 1 HP of damage. Assuming you have gamer brain like me and have to unlock things like that ASAP.

I don't know if any of us would be playing the billionth Far Cry game if we didn't have weird gamer brains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

The FC5 docuseries was gold. Thanks to whoever posted that