Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I’m launching via VPN and the game crashes about every 10 minutes. Not sure if it’s VPN related or what. Also Ubi +

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

fuf posted:

yeah I gave up, will try again tomorrow. I hope it's the VPN but that seems kind of unlikely.

Mine also has issues synchronizing cloud saves so yeah, hopefully just vpn related.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Still crashing for me, connecting to UK now. Regarding the HD texture pack, who in the hell has 11GB of VRAM?

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

ZombyDog posted:

Anyone with an RTX 3060? ( But not the Ti )

Ahhh, yeah I forgot those came with a weirdly large amount of RAM. My poor little 3070 only has 8.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

The listed requirement for the HD texture pack seems to be bogus.

From this video, where you can see benchmarks using the HD texture pack:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy5yz6BRJc8

Basically every card can use it fine at 1080p, and most can at 1440p. The 6800 XT using more than 8GB of VRAM doesn't mean having less will be a major problem. It just might require slightly more realtime asset loading and unloading. If you have an 8GB card then I don't think there's anything to worry about, and even a 6GB card will be fine at 1440p and under.

Yeah, I went ahead and installed it. I'm running at 3440x1440 with most everything set to the default of high. VRAM usage maxed out at 60% so far.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Wiltsghost posted:

I love Chorizo so much

I would die for this little sausage.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

shortspecialbus posted:

Ugh where can I steal a helicopter with rockets? I took the helicopter base in the southeast that has one there, and captured it intact, but the base clearing movie happened and then before I could jump into it to claim it, a hyena showed up so some assdick guerilla got in it to shoot the hyena and then hosed off into the sunset and it won't respawn, so now I need a new one and can't find any on the ground.

Edit: I found one at Velasquez Airstrip on the far west side near the sea and flew really really low, like a foot above the ground to the southwest, until I was out of AA range.

You can get one just doing the Montero family missions really early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Calaveron posted:

Bought this game sight unseen after really enjoying 3 and 4, loathing 5 and being pleased with ND but cooling off on it quickly. What am I in for?

I haven’t beaten a far cry since 3/blood dragon but I’m almost certainly going to beat this. I’m not sure if that’s an indication of anything but there you go.