Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Phetz posted:

Oh yeah I fully expect that aspect to get handled as poorly as usual, though it would be interesting to see them try something. My suspicion is that they'll mostly just use the setting of a revolution in not-Cuba as a backdrop and flavor without much commentary besides something like "maybe both sides are bad."

yep cant wait for the final reveal where it turns out the scrappy guerillas you've been fighting for all this time are big bad drug dealers/human traffickers/the cia/the kgb/evil clowns from the clown planet

the map looks cool though. nice to see a proper city in far cry and lots of varied other areas too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i generally like the mechanics of ubisoft style open worlds, but i hate the fact that they tend to take a long time over-explaining these mechanics to you, forcing you into tutorial missions, and in some of their most recent games (AC Valhalla) do not even let you turn poo poo all the way off and insist on having glowing bright "Press Button to Engage Mechanic, By the Way You Are Playing a Video Game Right Now, In Case You Forgot" signifiers all over the game world no matter what you do to your HUD in the settings

where does this game fall in those terms? i clicked on one of those gameplay walkthrough videos and it seemed to involve a lot of tedious explanation of How to Summon A Vehicle From A Menu and that was like part 3 so i'd been expecting the game to actually be like, going by that point. not a good sign

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Oct 6, 2021

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Am I a weirdo for kind of missing Montana and hell even Kyrat. It’s not that the locations or ugly or anything it just feels been there done that in a weird way. I suspect that’s mostly because of jungle settings being very common in FPS and other genres vs Montana.

and in the series. the first three FC games all have jungle environments

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

im still kind of on the fence about getting this one. i loved 3 and 4 but didnt like 5 as much, though new dawn was ok.

is the map interesting or do anything new at all or is it just kind of generic jungle? some of the previews suggested an actual city?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i played about halfway through 6 and while it was kind of ok and certainly an improvement over 5, it just got really boring and repetitive.

these days whenever i feel the urge to stealthily take out a base or gently caress around in an ubisoft-style open world game i just go back to ghost recon: wildlands. there's really little that fc6 does that it doesnt do better.