Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yoshimo
Oct 5, 2003

Fleet of foot, and all that!

Rinkles posted:

God drat this mission (Sundown)

closest thing to "all you had to do was follow the drat train" in a while

after nteen tries I almost completed it, but the driver ai got us stuck in a ditch and then drove into a civilian atv blowing us up. I turned down the difficulty to story mode, cause gently caress that.

it may have been easier with better gear, but this the first base's questline, and there's no indication of a difficulty jump (sometimes multiple helicopters spawned).

fwiw, i haven't had a crash since I turned off the ubisoft overlay (I bought it on their store).

If anyone's struggling with this Sundown mission (and I had the same issue, they would get stuck in a ditch and then blow up) I did it thusly:

1. Wait til the truck's just before the ditch (or object in question that it's getting stuck on)
2. Jump out and stand in front of the truck, which should halt it
3. Jump back up on the bonnet/hood, and the truck will creep forward a bit
4. Jump back off and block the truck
5. Repeat very slowly and carefully and cross your fingers and toes.

Buena suerte!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU