Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
got the game to launch once but it crashed when starting a new game

now can't get it to launch at all :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha

fuf posted:

got the game to launch once but it crashed when starting a new game

now can't get it to launch at all :(

restart fixed it

why do games still do 30fps cutscenes, it makes no sense

e: nope never mind it crashed again when I got to the island

fuf fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Oct 6, 2021

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha

Kaddish posted:

I’m launching via VPN and the game crashes about every 10 minutes. Not sure if it’s VPN related or what. Also Ubi +

yeah I gave up, will try again tomorrow. I hope it's the VPN but that seems kind of unlikely.

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Basically every card can use it fine at 1080p, and most can at 1440p.

Is there any point using the HD texture pack if not playing at 4k though?

I'm playing at 1440 on a 3080

I am kinda surprised by how bad the game looks - I always thought of far cry as a pretty next gen looking game but I guess it's really showing its age at this point

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha

Fame Douglas posted:

Is there any reason to not just get Ubisoft+ for a month and immediately cancel, allowing me to play the full game for $15 as long as I don't take longer than a month to finish it? I don't care about future DLC or movie tie-in missions.

that's exactly what I've done with all recent ubi releases

except for the "finish it" part because I lose interest way before then