Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
I don't expect the actual DEMAND for the box anywhere near Indomitus'

Popular for sure, but Indomitus was the perfect storm of Superb Value + COVID boredom + Space Marines + FOMO + Stock issues

Inatant edit: still not as much stock issue as Cursed City though so maybe I'm crazy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Mikey Purp posted:

Apparently we all missed the asterisk next to GW's statement that there would be "a huge number of boxes available," because while that's technically true, it turns out that the great majority of those won't actually be turning up until Christmas.
This is good for me because I was thinking of getting two boxes anyway. If I can get one this pre-order, another one for Christmas would be nice.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

All I really want in the Yndrasta model and I can just wait for the eventual stand alone release.
I hope so at least.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
All I REALLY want is that rulebook, so someone that's buying 2+ copies call me ;)

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Dang, Alarielle got a +140 bump, putting her at 740 points now :eyepop:

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I just wish they'd make the skaven clan battleline units match similar things in other factions. Just requiring that your general be of that sub-faction to 'unlock' that battleline option instead of requiring that every other unit in that army also be that subfaction.

Hits fluffy list building pretty hard since Skaven bought and traded things from other clans, and is a kick to the teeth for clans like Moulder or Eshin that have a laughably small unit selection.

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds

Floppychop posted:

I just wish they'd make the skaven clan battleline units match similar things in other factions. Just requiring that your general be of that sub-faction to 'unlock' that battleline option instead of requiring that every other unit in that army also be that subfaction.

Hits fluffy list building pretty hard since Skaven bought and traded things from other clans, and is a kick to the teeth for clans like Moulder or Eshin that have a laughably small unit selection.

I don't really understand the reasoning behind the obtuse and limiting battline requirements for skaven; it pointlessly kneecaps list building and now if your try to use monks or stormfiends as auxiliary to add to a normal skaven army they are capped at 2 reinforcements. Why bother?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

So now that Radukar the Wolf can be taken just by himself, does this also mean I can now take Radukar The Beast with the Cursed City Crew?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Yes.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
Well I was going to ask when the GHB came out but with the leak I may as well ask now. I'm building a Tzeentch army and I would like to know what would be a good 1000 point list and what I could do later to get it to 2000 points.

Also I'm unfamiliar with the rules so can someone explain to me what changes made it so you can't/not want to run chaos warriors in a non STD list now? I wanted to run some as a tanky front line.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
you can but they no longer count towards your compulsory batleline. Specifically just that, they're still part of your army still count as battleline for the purposes of reinforcements et al.

Essentially you'll need to take 2+ Acolytes/Tzaangors/Horrors or whatever your general or change coven gives you.

Also loving lol on the core book finally making 1500 a supported points level and the GHB only being 1k or 2k.

Der Waffle Mous fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jun 18, 2021

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Hey GW, if you want me to not take Marauders and Warriors to fill my battleline quota in Slaneesh and Khorne maybe you should make their Battleline not suck poo poo instead of doing this "coalition" nonsense :colbert:

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

No. 1 Juicy Boi posted:

Dang, Alarielle got a +140 bump, putting her at 740 points now :eyepop:

Yeah all the big centerpiece models got a big hike. Teclis is 740 as well.

Of course he's still insanely good.

The funniest thing they did to Lumineth is make the Loreseeker (can deploy almost anywhere, automatically captures an objective if he's within 9") not unique anymore. That's gonna need an errata or something because otherwise there's going to be some serious Aelf Bullshit. But hey, now I can give a Loreseeker an artifact and with the Flaming Weapon spell active give him an attack profile similar to a bloodthirster.

Although now that I look at some of the battleplans, objectives seem like they're being de-emphasized a bit so it might not be that bad.

Dreylad fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jun 18, 2021

The Baumann
Jun 2, 2013

En Garde, Fuckboy
I'm in an area with a pretty big AoS scene and 3.0 seems as good a time as any to start. I like the idea of having a skeleton horde with Soulblight Gravelords and Ray Harryhausening it up. Is it possible to run a skeleton heavy list or are the real stars of the army the vampires in charge?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Geisladisk posted:

Actually are we sure marked Slaves units don't count as being in-faction amymore? They have the appropriate keyword.

Because If they don't then nobody except Slaves can take Archaon anymore.

This and the battleline thing would invalidate a huge number of Chaos armies which doesnt feel like something they'd do.

They count as being part of the faction, they don't count as battleline.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

Grave Guard are decent and are battleline if you take a Wight King as general. Can't do true skeleton blobs anymore but you can fill the board with them pretty easy.

Problem is most of the subfactions have buffs or auras that require Vampires so you're probably going to want at least one.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

The Baumann posted:

I'm in an area with a pretty big AoS scene and 3.0 seems as good a time as any to start. I like the idea of having a skeleton horde with Soulblight Gravelords and Ray Harryhausening it up. Is it possible to run a skeleton heavy list or are the real stars of the army the vampires in charge?

Wight King and Grave Guard can make skeletons work fairly well - Grave Guard are Skeletons, But Elite, and Wight Kings are your skeleton heroes. If you bring vampires, Legion of Blood has synergies between skellies and vampires, but Legion of Night works for an all-skeleton list because your Deathrattle get a save bonus first round and you can use your Wight King and Grave Guard and Black Knights as ambush like you would any LoN units. Unlike LoB, it doesn't require vampires to get the most use of skeletons.

The Wight King's CA lets Deathrattle units wholly within 12" reroll 1s on attacks in melee. On foot he's a bit more fragile, but his melee does MWs on 6s. On steed, he deals MW on charges.

Black Knights and Grave Guard are both pretty good - a little fragile, but Deathless Legions will keep them coming back. Deathrattle basics are weak but very, very hard to get rid of permanently. You may want to bring a Necromancer for some magical support, and if you do go Legion of Blood you'll want a Vampire Lord and some other vampire units to take advantage of the Deathrattle/Vampire synergies of the faction.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

black knights staying at 120 makes a little more sense in our post-pointsmageddon world.

Also the Wight King's CA both makes sense in that the core reroll 1's CA doesn't exist anymore *and* they obviously hosed up in writing it and needs an errata.

The Baumann
Jun 2, 2013

En Garde, Fuckboy
Is the vampire lord on the zombie dragon a good pick? I like the way that and the blood knights look

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

It's a big pile of wounds with a ton of attacks, and unlike most monsters it can heal itself. So that's cool. Its unique spell is...well, it's a big gamble. But as a big vampire monster, it's pretty good at killing things. Loves to charge at enemies, and in the new rules that's going to be pretty good for being both a hero and a monster.

It's over 400 points, tho.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

The Baumann posted:

From what Ive heard its less that the vampires are the real stars and more that the zombies are just better than the skeletons right now.

Ive seen a lot of people saying that zombies+corpse cart+necromancer is the starting point for every soulblight gravelords list going forward.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Dreylad posted:

Yeah all the big centerpiece models got a big hike. Teclis is 740 as well.

Katakros got cheaper :smugbert:

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.

Der Waffle Mous posted:

you can but they no longer count towards your compulsory batleline. Specifically just that, they're still part of your army still count as battleline for the purposes of reinforcements et al.

Essentially you'll need to take 2+ Acolytes/Tzaangors/Horrors or whatever your general or change coven gives you.
Alright I'll have to definitely figure this but it's nice to know I can still do it.

So far starting a Tzeentch army is the start collecting demons box any good?

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

The Baumann posted:

Is the vampire lord on the zombie dragon a good pick? I like the way that and the blood knights look

I really want to try pulling this on someone trying to charge a zombie dragon

It auto hits a target with 6+ models anyway! D6 damage on 2+ to wound, rend -3!

Edit: interesting, Prince Vhordrai's dragon doesn't have the missile weapon - it has its own special breath attack, but isn't listed as a missile weapon so

BaronVanAwesome fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jun 18, 2021

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

I am pretty concerned about Unleash Hell to be honest. Shooting was already pretty oppressive at times.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Well I guess you can force the issue by charging with a chaff unit first.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It can also only be used once a round.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

It's a better version of 40k's overwatch.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Geisladisk posted:

I am pretty concerned about Unleash Hell to be honest. Shooting was already pretty oppressive at times.
If someone charges 30 Lumineth Sentinels, they deserve it.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Every faction has a once per round For The Greater Good, and considering how oppressive Tau lists could get, I'm not optimistic that playing against, say Kharadron isn't going to be equally annoying, even if it is limited.

I am very tempted to take a blob of 30 Namarti Reavers and laugh as they fire 90 4+/3+ shots, but then I'd end up with 30 Reavers.

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

Can't wait to obliterate someone charging in against lead beltchers with 8d6 shots.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Talas posted:

If you really wanted you could go Iliatha and shoot someone with 60 Sentinels. But like with the reavers, you'd have 60 sentinels.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Good thing my KO list is just boats and a shitload of thunderers.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Dreylad posted:

If you really wanted you could go Iliatha and shoot someone with 60 Sentinels. But like with the reavers, you'd have 60 sentinels.

And minimum sized everything else.

DrDraxium
Dec 2, 2002

Plz state the nature of the medical emergency

JBP posted:

Good thing my KO list is just boats and a shitload of thunderers.

My man ;)

Also thanks for your encouraging words about KO a while back JBP, I now have a flourishing force that's nearing completion. Were an absolute treat to build and paint and play with!

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
So GW instituted a queue system for its webstore, I guess in response to the Cursed City fiasco. I'm waiting to snag a Dominion box and my current estimated waiting time is 55 minutes :O

Edit: OK so the wait time dropped pretty quickly to ~25 minutes.

MeinPanzer fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Jun 19, 2021

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Discount Games Inc has their preorders up, though the date is listed as 12/00/21 so who knows when it will actually ship. But it's $170 and free shipping so hard to beat, and they are reliable and trustworthy.

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
Managed to get one through GW's webstore. That was a lot less frenetic than the Cursed City preorder.

It looks like other third party webstores aren't offering a discount on Dominion? Was that also the case with the Indomitus release?

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Talas posted:

You don't need to charge them. Just a unit near them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kore_Fero
Jan 31, 2008
Dominion webstore trip report: Really wanted an Yndrasta model and fomo got to me. I had the webpage open at 10am and was a 25min wait to get through to the webstore. They've added a message to let you know Dominion is in stock still if you are in the queue. Once you complete/pay for your order you will need to queue if you visit the webstore again (just make sure you got all you wanted I guess).

Compared to Indomitus, this was much more calm. Its 11am now and queue message still says Dominion in stock. I suspect that copies are likely to be available in stores for a while if GW made as many as they implied.