Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Almighty Sigmar, I pray to you, if I'm able to get a copy of Dominion ordered Saturday, I vow to actually start painting all these models I'm collecting. I might even actually play a game this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

That was much better than wrestling with the lag for Indomitus. Of course that is easy to say since I got my order in.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Injuryprone posted:

It was the official release date announcement way at the bottom as a footnote.

upload picture

Did you screenshot that today? I don't see it on any of the pages at the moment, the release date announcement or the newer articles about it.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I've yet to start painting mine as my grey cabinet of shame fills up. I've got 3/4 of my 40k armies painted from a decade ago, but haven't started on the AoS models I've picked up in the last year. I don't like the default stormcast scheme so I'm thinking of trying to adapt this kyrian scheme from warcraft:

I need to sit down and figure out the colors, the clothing looks almost space wolf gray. Stormcast also have the cloth tabards and cloaks I'd need to find a color for.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

That bird is rad, I really like the second version with the horned bird, and spear and shield rider.

Kruleboyz is an odd aesthetic. The models look great, but it does feel like they were going to go with Fimir but decided to dodge their unfortunate history while also trying to give a boost to greenskin sales.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Old World/Total Warham info, but a Cathay trailer is up for TWW3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=033FWxL22A0

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Cooked Auto posted:

Could've sworn that game was announced ages ago.

There was a Sisters of Battle one that came out earlier. Though now that you mention it I think the Lord Arcanum one was one of the trailers shown during a Warhammer/Blood God day earlier this year.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

How is it for anyone who got it and actually played it? Like, compared to Gloomhaven or something like that. I almost got it for my board gaming group but their interest was iffy and then it sold out.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Thanks for the takes, I'll keep my eye on it but probably pass since we don't get together too often and Frosthaven and Nemesis Lockdown should be coming next year.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Covermeinsunshine posted:

Finished Stormvault by Andy Clark and it's alright. Maggotkin in it are kinda hilarious, but outside of that book is serious as 3 day long constipation

The first six or so chapters of that book each introduce a faction and I'm so disappointed it didn't keep going that way. Introduce sixteen armies then spend one glorious chapter smashing them into each other. The end, no moral.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Business Gorillas posted:

I'm playing the pen & paper AOS thing and we're starting in the realm of fire. My DM and I got into an argument because I keep saying the fire realm is stupid because everything is probably on fire all of the time and he keeps telling me there's a huge ecosystem and it's very diverse

Anyways we're 3 sessions in and our settings have been "a forest that's always on fire" and "a cave under the forest that's always on fire"

He obviously should have set it in the metal realm because everything is probably metal all the time. :black101: :rock:

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I dont know enough about the lore to know if this is a bad idea but bring in the chaos dwarfs and have them been corrupting the fyreslayers through the urgold and bankrolling the kharadron. Then the good guy runes, hammers and plate mail gang can come in to oppose them, field some redeemed slayers, and boom, beards for days with new options.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

That's all fair, my only experience with the fyreslayer lore was the Gotrek audiodrama and I don't remember much from that besides Brian Blessed and the dark elf hamming it up.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

My 12 months of wh+ hit in February I wonder if I'll be able to skip my freebie to one of the new ones.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

I'm still annoyed we never got an Underworlds warband of mixed humans, dwarves and elves. A dungeoneering adventuring party is a total gimme!

Especially with the Soulbound rpg to cross promote.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Do the made-to-order products show up on ebay or in stores later at all? I realized last week that I really want one of those horse-mounted Archaeons for my casual mounted chaos army. Maybe the sorcerer too but I'm not as worried about that one. I missed the period where they were on GW. The article about them said they'd be for sale until 11/28 then they'd be sent out sometime in the next six months. I don't see any listed on ebay yet. Do I just give it a few months and check again or am I probably SOL?

edit: looking for the first guy here
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/11/13/sunday-preview-classic-chaos-kits-return-on-made-to-order-basis/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Genghis Cohen posted:

Are you in the UK mate? I've got an old metal one lying around.

USA, thank you though. I'll keep my eyes open and one will pop up again.