Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Did a Rockgut. Not sure how much I like the colors though. Might have another go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

lots of new shinies

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

And some gribblies

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Mors Rattus posted:

I love this weird lizard-ape.

Yeah, very Dark Crystal

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Rockgut ahoy

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

That's perfectly delightful and sort of what I had in mind when I started working on my skellies. How did you do it?

Thanks! It's a bit freeform, lots of intermediate mixes:

Base body color is VGC Royal Purple

Skin: Screamer Pink -> Screamer Pink + Wild Rider Red, starting at about 75/25 SP/WRR, mixing progressively more Wild Rider into it, until it looks right

Stomach: VGC Hexed Lichen -> VGC Violet Red -> Violet Red + Pink Horror mix, again mixing more Pink Horror until you like the look of the highlight

Crystals: drybrush Wild Rider Red -> VGC Hot Orange -> Fire Dragon Bright -> Yriel Yellow

Both Screamer Pink and Violet Red don't have great coverage, so they allow a bit of the Royal Purple to poke through here and there. Gives the skin a more interesting look, I feel.

Winklebottom fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jul 6, 2021

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Marmaduke! posted:

And more importantly... how easy is it to pull a bunch of weedy gobbos off of square bases and put them onto round ones? (at least I never glued the spider onto its base!)

Depends on how you've glued them on :v:

Plastic glue, you gotta carefully cut them off. Superglue, throw them in the freezer for a bit and they should snap off.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Rad

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/07/19/meet-the-powerful-kruleboyz-shaman-whos-best-mates-with-kragnos-or-so-he-claims/

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

AnEdgelord posted:

I love how Gobsprakk has the severed hand of a lord of change as proof of how hard he owned it

the best part is that it is bound to the material plane by his desire to show it off

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

maikzor posted:

Elaborate? Is there questionable stuff in their design/lore I've completely missed?

They reproduced by kidnapping human women in the old fluff

Winklebottom fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Jul 20, 2021

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Not my thing at all, but I think a lot of people will be happy with plain old dragons

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Stormcasts' weird menagerie is like the one thing I find mildly interesting about them

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Painted another Rockgut. The sculpts are so good.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

dragons ahoy

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

bird troops for gloomspite when

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Kruleboyz are coming to Underworlds

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

The last of the Rockguts

I can't have more than these six, otherwise I'll have to repeat arms (or get really good at kitbashing)

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

BaronVanAwesome posted:

I'm super super jealous of how "smooth"/matte you get the stuff you post - the paint job is awesome of course, but wowzers I love the texture most

I'm hesitant to recommend it, because they're not a great company, but it's AK Ultra Matte varnish. A goon recommended me Vallejo Mecha Matt as an alternative. Supposedly a lot stronger as well.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

really like the armor scheme

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Marmaduke! posted:

I really feel like GW should have been releasing the core kits for the new books before the special heroes etc. I'm kinda tempted to buy another shaman and some gutrippas from ebay from a set splitter, is that GW's intent? Plus it looks like I'll have to run my army as big yellas just to fit core requirements, but I'm not actually going to paint anything yellow. Maybe the fluff text means my guys are really good at yelling...

Do people actually care about matching painting schemes with rules (space marine weirdos notwithstanding)?

Paint your dollies however you like, dont play with people who cares about it

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

i tried giving my troggboss a fashionable hat

some may say that I just plopped a mushroom cap bit on a blob of greenstuff and yeah, they're right, but if it makes him happy, who are you to judge

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

A Underworlds bird

and *squints* hooded stormcast?

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

I like that the Stormcast are branching out on which animals they put on their armor. Boar, owl and eagle (or aetherwing or whatever)

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Mors Rattus posted:

Spiderclan’s been around a while, they just don’t at all get talked up by the writing.

I’m expecting them to either be phased out or given a new look at some point, since the whole “Native American goblins” thing doesn’t play so well nowadays

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

moths posted:

There's 1) forest goblins that ride spiders and dress problematically like native Americans (as envisioned by 80s British nerds) and there's also 2) multi-limbed night goblins who spent too much time around Tzeentch.

The forest goblins spidercult reveres the spider god which AFAIK isn't chaos related, and the trailer indicated chaos.

It would be cool to see spider cult brought into the destruction pantheon, but the trailer mentioned chaos so it's anybody's guess.

Could also be bug-looking beastmen, a throwback to when beastmen could look like anything.

oh yeah, forgot about the silver tower lads. A range of those would be neat, but given the focus on Chaos in the trailer it's probably something else.

My money is on cultist driders of some variety

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

abravemoose posted:

Khorne Bleeding Icon

So good. Just the right amount of gore :gibs:

Where’d you get the background? Looks neat.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Nice one. It fits oddly well as a background.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Randalor posted:

I just have two pressing questions for Old World:

1) Have they said if Lizardmen/Seraphon will be in it?
2) What about Chaos Dwarves?

Less pressing but still kinda curious:

3) Will we finally see what the armies that weren't in WFB but named dropped look like?

No, no, probably

The factions that are confirmed (as far as I remember) are Empire, Kislev, Bretonnia, High Elves, Wood Elves and Orcs.

Kislev will probably look like the Total War faction more than the old models, and they just revealed Cathay in TW, so I’d be surprised if they didn’t show up in Old World as well.

Winklebottom fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Oct 12, 2021

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Desfore posted:

6 limbs, not a spider.

his fleshcowl is modified forelimbs :colbert:

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

JBP posted:

I saw quite a few negative shitposts calling it AOS or Warcraft on Instagram.

it’s quite impressive how a large part of the TW fandom have cargoculted a massive hateboner for AOS despite never having touched the Fantasy wargame or even knew it existed before the videogame

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Randalor posted:

... I mean, okay, I can see people calling it AOS, but only in the sense of "yes, most of the armies in the TW games DO show up in AOS in one form or another", but WOW? Why WOW? I am genuinely confused about that.

“Looks like WoW” has become the go-to insult for fantasy-aesthetic-I-don’t-like in a lot of places. I’m guessing it’s because of the fantasy China thing, which was also the theme for a WoW expansion.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Mors Rattus posted:

I will admit that I’m somewhat worried about Cathay…but mostly because of Forge World, which is the branch of GW I trust the least on any kind of racial issue.

I mean, they'll probably just use the TW designs and I'm not chinese but they seem... ok?

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

after working on this for a couple of months I both love and hate this model

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

GW is selling the Dominion, Warcry: Catacombs, UW Direchasm and Beastgrave boxes (+some scenery) at an actual discount today. Didn't see that coming.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Cooked Auto posted:

Pirate Ogor warband for Harrowdeep confirmed. Includes a parrot and a monkey.
Who will probably be a better at fighting than the gnoblars that come with it as well.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/10/30/warhammer-day-2021-x-marks-the-spot-for-this-new-warhammer-underworlds-warband

They’re perfect

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

:allears:

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Captain Magic posted:

What Battletomes are on the horizon other than Nurgle? I haven't been keeping up. Are there any dual-army boxes planned like with what they've been doing with 40k?

40k has a (so far) very accurate leaked release plan going around but I haven't seen one (or at least one that seems to be accurate) for AoS. There were some rumors about Gitz, Ogors and Beasts of Chaos battletomes at some point, I think?

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

AnEdgelord posted:

There was a rumor floating around a few months back about nurgle, ogors, gitz and beasts the first batch of battletomes and with the nurgle book coming out that seems like it might be correct.

Gitz need help so bad that I certainly hope they get an update soon. Models that good shouldnt have rules that bad.

it is time for segmapede

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

AnEdgelord posted:

So I recently purchased the Stormcast start collecting box in order to get the mandatory Lord-Relictor for my army plus some bonus goodies and now that it has arrived I've noticed a huge problem with the box. There are only three Paladin in the box but all the Paladin units that the kit can assemble have a minimum unit size of 5. Is there somewhere I can get the last two models to fill out the unit? They're pretty much useless without those two models.

you might be able to snag some single models on eBay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

On the topic of starting new armies, I have a buddy that I think I have successfully talked into picking up one of the new Battleforces that are on pre-order now, but he's probably gonna wait until Christmas. Are those something that are limited stock and will be sold out / getting scalped online by then or do they tend to be available for a while?

They are limited stock, but I saw some stray 2020 AoS boxes at my LGSs throughout spring and summer at least. It depends quite a lot on the popularity of the army and size of the discount I think.