Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

SkyeAuroline posted:

I've been told AoS (or its attached RPGs) gives some actual depictions of the Chaos gods' positive aspects, in contrast to 40k. I don't play, so I don't know, but is that true and if so where do I go find it?

although this is a 40k video, the points made in this video about the Chaos Gods still apply to Age of Sigmar and puts things in perspective pretty well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6jnsX77TCU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

So now that Radukar the Wolf can be taken just by himself, does this also mean I can now take Radukar The Beast with the Cursed City Crew?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

PotatoManJack posted:

So as someone who's just getting back into painting minis, and seeing a bunch of talk of AoS as a good way to both paint minis but also actually be able to play with them, it sounds as if waiting for 3.0 is probably the smart thing to do?

Am I also correct in thinking that buying one of the faction "Start Collecting" boxes is generally good value for money in terms of number of minis I get and will also give me what I need to actually play?

3.0 is already "here" and yeah, start collecting boxes usually are good value to get. There's plenty of youtube videos that can tell you exactly which Sigmar stuff is the best and how many points/units are in them----this one is a good starting point: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ-NAJTy3Qo

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

was genuinely shocked at how heavy the Dominion box felt when I picked it up from my shop yesterday, lol. Thought it was exaggeration when people said it was the chunkiest of them all.

Froghammer posted:

Stormcast armor painted literally anything other than gold always looks amazing and makes the models pop

Same, can't wait to paint all of them Celestial Vindicator cerulean and maybe do one or two in black templar. I don't have anything across Sigmar/40k in spacewave blue so it'll look rad as gently caress.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Beerdeer posted:

Need those additional Orruk units quick. The Dominion box only has one Battleline unit

wouldn't it be possible to take Orruk Brutes as Battleline allies or can they only be pushed together as such in a Big Waagh?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

AnEdgelord posted:

as of right now you can only do that in Big Waaagh and if you do so you lose the Kruleboy allegiance ability of doing mortals on sixes, luckily the book and a ton of new kits are coming out next month but until that happens its gonna be super awkward to put your kruleboyz on the actual table

ah ok, makes sense. fine by me since I probably won't be done painting all of these by the time the battleline kruleboys are out. weird that hobgrots aren't battleline; they seem like easy cuts for armies that want more of the crossbow orruks.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I really dont need that Extremis set but the Harbinger set coming with another excellent Swampcalla/trio of equally awesome Praetors might make it very worth it for me.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

have been painting the Blood Knights this week and man, a real step up from the usual units I've done----probably the biggest model I've done besides the 40k blighthauler (which was easier due to broader space to slather metal and pink on.) Amazing models though, the entire Sigmar line has extraordinary detail.

The least fun models I've done as of late were those Cursed City zombies, which have all those loving tree branches sticking out of an already micro-size model that's a bit hard to paint due to how shrunken it is. No idea why those zombies are so tiny, makes it a bummer to paint.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

wonder if the vulture counts as a Monster

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I think the reason Kruleboyz look more out of place is just because they're so much newer and more detailed compared to the other bigheaded orruks. They could probably look more in-line with the Kruleboyz if they were sculpted a bit differently maybe. Either way I like the weird hobgoblin dudes as the more devious rear end in a top hat cousins. The line that really could use a total revamp are the Bonesplitterz because those look rough in more ways than one.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

moths posted:

This leaves out the cool City Guard and the divisive zombies and all the undead wildlife! And somehow still costs 60% of Cursed City without the game.

I still think the dumbest poo poo is forcing you to take ALL of them at once, thus taking up like 3 Leader spots. I wish I could just take like, some of the Vyrkos and maybe Goreslav, or one Vargskyr, instead of being forced to just inject them all and forfeit an army of like Radukar The Beast + Belladomma or something like that

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

oh drat, did not see that latest update! Very cool, thanks :respek:

vvvvvvv I thought they'd all count as individual leaders, given they all had the "Leader" designation

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jul 26, 2021

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dominion is weird because iirc, the Orruk side doesn't have a legal army----it's missing another Battleline unit.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

AnEdgelord posted:

I love the Kruleboyz models but holy poo poo there are so many hard to reach nooks and crannies in these models, especially when you are painting the skin

there were 4 models I attached the shield on because I thought it was too big of a piece to have separate but i'm regretting every second of it and will not be repeating that mistake next time

the model that I'm most dreading though is the shaman, because holy poo poo is there a lot detail in hard to reach places on that thing, like the belly plate with the face on it thats very deep in his robe

Anything with a shield, I just paint that arm separate now; I can't deal with poo poo like that anymore. Doing the Blood Knights recently, I've been usually doing them in parts of like, max 3: general body + horse, the rider's head, and the shieldarm.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

flaming sword dragonrider is so loving sick

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Winklebottom posted:

Kruleboyz are coming to Underworlds

it'd rather have a rad troop of little grot jailers like this guy over the loving hobgrot losers

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

did I imagine it or is it really weird and unintuitive to build a legal Kruleboyz army right now because Dominion is missing a 2nd battleline unit? iirc you need 2 for the standard army and the only way to get more of those Gutrippaz is to buy them loose/get one of those other starter boxes? Seems weird to release the big troll/crossbow miniatures when they haven't even released boxes of Rippaz

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

GreenMarine posted:

Bonesplitterz seem like the kind of faction GW likes to sunset by decapitating their rules, if they think the models are too old and they don't plan on updating them.

I'm very cool with this, Bonesplitterz are really ugly models and the aesthetics are indeed really bad. Kruleboyz are a good replacement.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

the vulture guy is a bit too expensive/crazy for me to get right now but I'm pleased that the ork sludge lizard looks like a good unit + gets the coveted Monster keyword, might def pick that one up. Was a bit disappointed that the demonic Dobby mount didn't get that designation.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Mors Rattus posted:

You know, that’s fair, but also they still make Bonesplitterz.

seems like they are at least in the process of being phased out, if their meager battletome presence was anything to go by

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

did not realize the Kruleboyz now had their own Micolash lol

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'm hoping Warcry pivots to somehow providing a way to use some of those gorgeous miniatures in Sigmar someday. I really was hoping those "dudes on fire" warband would be usable in something but apparently not.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Geisladisk posted:

Dudes on fire are a usable Slaves to Darkness unit.

wow, had no idea, thanks! Idk why this information somehow escaped my grasp.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I like about 60% of those barbarians in the Red Harvest set but jesus christ some of the women faces are abhorret. That one pinheaded woman with the white hair tuft might be one of the worst faces I have ever seen GW release.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

whewwwwwww my store just got their shipment of Holga Clovenhorn in, beyond stoked. This is gonna lead down the rabbit hole of getting that Slaves To Darkness big box for sure.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Bringing back Cursed City---as well as reconfirming the planned expansions---and all without ANY explanation about how or why it went dark for a year, is one of the bizarre things I've ever seen.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

tough choices there but I'll have to go Helbrecht if only because he was my coolest kitbash ever

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

not a single crab or giant crab mount in that box, just pitiful

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/02/03/underworlds-fighters-are-headed-to-the-eightpoints-in-warcrys-new-tome-of-champions/

Soon you can bring the pincers of terror to the Eightpoints with a rules update that lets you bring Underworld bands to Warcry.

I'm surprised it took this long to do this. Really excellent decision to provide rules for even more Sigmar models to be used in the really cool smaller skirmish games.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

maybe this thread can help me----trying to figure out what model this is, cannot figure out if this Chaos Lord is entirely custom or not:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

It's the dude from the StD chariot, I think with a weapon swap.

Edit: not even, that's straight out of the kit

Ah I see it now, thanks!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Anno posted:

Those skellingtons are definitely in the “buy models for a game I don’t play just to paint” category of good.

extremely same, probably the most incredible skeletons they've ever made

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

hope they decide to let us buy that Warcry poo poo separately. I'm so tired of them tying interesting miniatures to a gigantic loving box.