Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
From the last thread:

Der Waffle Mous posted:

oh poo poo did they make Anvil of Apotheosis part of the core rules?

Universal enhancements mean that there are certain things you can give to any hero, agnostic of army. It's not super deep, but a mini-spell lore and the ability to make any hero a wizard does allow for some silly things, like a Tank that is also a wizard with a flaming sword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I find it amusing that Sisters of the Watch are one of the more expensive Battleline units in the game, period, that isn't weird poo poo like a tank or a monster. They are really good though, and they can shoot a hilarious amount of times in the charge phase under the new rules.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
Yeah the two key changes are buffing and reinforcement. Buffing is "Only +1 to hit/wound", but reinforcement is how much you can stack models. So a unit that is 10 to 30 works by buying 10, then spending a reinforcement to buy another 10. You only get so many of those per size of the game you are playing. Beyond that they are super fun armies with a bunch of characters and neat models. People can debate the true tactical viability of bone mens versus zombies or wolves or whatever, but a dumptruck full of Grave Guard is still going to be a real loving bad time for someone facing them.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
5 is more granular than 10, and 5 is also bigger than 1.

There, the logic behind the choice. Five allows for twice as many steps as ten, while leading to larger numbers than one would.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
"Weird magic poo poo happened and now these little guys just follow us around....gently caress it, just roll with it." is really never a bad thing to add to your setting.