Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Beerdeer posted:

I picked up the Kruleboyz from a friend but I wasn’t able to get instructions. Anyone know of any online/willing to take pics of theirs?

Email games workshop support. They've always sent over PDF instructions for stuff to me without a fuss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Anisotropic Shader posted:

You know, like how komodo dragons have their rancid infection-inflicting bites!

I believe this has been disputed and it's just venom, but the idea is still cool

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

I'm thinking of getting an AoS army but I want something where a lower model count is viable as I don't want to paint a ton of models. Seraphim look fun to paint. Is a low model count viable for them? What other armies would work well? (open to most factions except human ones). I know Gloomspite Gitz supposedly work well but not a huge fan of the way the big units look

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

If I go seraphon, because rule of cool is very important to my choice and they're cool, what are some must have units for a 1000pt list, while trying to keep model count low?

E: I want to add I much appreciate all the responses

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Almost made my choice but I need to know one more thing: Which is more fun to paint: Gloomspite Gitz or Seraphon? ty

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Would the Dawnbringers: Gloomspite Gitz – Braggit’s Bottle-snatchaz box set be a good place to start then? It seems a bit more focused than the Vanguard box set

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

The Rabble-Rowza is pretty poo poo (though it has some weird tech as an allied unit in stuff like Sons of Behemat) but the Gobbapalooza and Boingrots (I wouldn't build them as Hoppers currently unless you really want to use the army of renown) are staples of pretty much every decent Squig list and even quite a few mixed Gloomspite / Trogg lists.

Would you say it's still worth it despite the HQ not being good? There's also a bunch of cave squigs. Since I've never played AOS I find it difficult to judge

a7m2 fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Oct 4, 2023

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

My opponent will be mostly playing Stormcast. What should I look out for and what works well against them? I think outnumbering them is probably good but I want to try to keep the model count low because I have plenty to paint as it stands. Mortal wounds and rend? Going for a squig focused list so I'll have access to rend and some mortal wounds.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Thank you!

I want to try to get to 1000pts initially. So far I own:

Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig - 130
Boingrot Bounderz - 150
Boingrot Bounderz - 150
Squig Herd - 140
Gobbapalooza - 170

That's 740 points. I'm looking for one more thing to buy. Preferably low model count but if something like Stabbas are going to make or break the list, I think I'm up for speed painting them.

Adding Mangler Squigs gets me to exactly 1000 but maybe there's something better?

I also want to get a Loonshrine but that'll come later.

e: I just realized I forgot about my Underworld warbands: I also own Mollog's Mob but I'm guessing that's not a great fit, and Grinkrak's Looncourt which I also am not sure is going to synergize well

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Count Thrashula posted:

Yeah I just bought a whole OBR army and I've told myself no more models until I paint them all, thankfully

I've told myself the same lie many times

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Crazy Ferret posted:

Something I really like about the Skaven faction is that you can also take the faction very seriously or play them silly with ease. You can absolutely lean into the evil empire aesthetic with the body horror, the dark magics, the endless hordes of starving slaves. Skaven, played straight, is a true nightmare faction.

I’ve always preferred the other, sillier side of them. Like a fantasy version of The Venture Brothers, where Clanrats and engineers work hard to survive the daily insanities of their masters. Warlords with petty rivalries and stupid plans, Warlocks with suicidal inventions, incompetent assassins, and everything that is the Clan Pestilins Healthcare Plus plans. Are your Clan Rats the rare blend of expendable and invulnerable that makes them the perfect henchrats?

It is a good faction that lets you enjoy both narratives.

I feel the same about Gloomspite Gitz. They're funny and silly but the novels lore is pretty horrifying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

No modules, core rules only, final destination